expose the cyber-bully

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

expose the cyber-bully

no NAS no... please don't put me on your "list". do us all a favor and impose a lifetime ban on yourself from these boards. quit trying to bully the people on these boards. if YOU don't feel the need to respond to trolls, DON"T RESPOND! what are you a one "man" judge and jury? NAS , worry about NAS. we can all say and do as we feel, as long as it's done with respect. this whole "eliminate those who don't see things your way" reminds me of the spanish inquisition. it's called tolerance, try it out sometime. DON'T BE BULLIED BY NAS!!!!!    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

Re: expose the cyber-bully

In Response to expose the cyber-bully:
    [QUOTE]no NAS no... please don't put me on your "list". do us all a favor and impose a lifetime ban on yourself from these boards. quit trying to bully the people on these boards. if YOU don't feel the need to respond to trolls, DON"T RESPOND! what are you a one "man" judge and jury? NAS , worry about NAS. we can all say and do as we feel, as long as it's done with respect. this whole "eliminate those who don't see things your way" reminds me of the spanish inquisition. it's called tolerance, try it out sometime. DON'T BE BULLIED BY NAS!!!!!    
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

well said.............oops, troll status for me Cry

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

What's so wrong with suggesting to the community that it might want to (as a community) ignore posters who appear to be doing nothing but putting on an act in order to rile people up?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to expose the cyber-bully:
    [QUOTE]no NAS no... please don't put me on your "list". do us all a favor and impose a lifetime ban on yourself from these boards. quit trying to bully the people on these boards. if YOU don't feel the need to respond to trolls, DON"T RESPOND! what are you a one "man" judge and jury? NAS , worry about NAS. we can all say and do as we feel, as long as it's done with respect. this whole "eliminate those who don't see things your way" reminds me of the spanish inquisition. it's called tolerance, try it out sometime. DON'T BE BULLIED BY NAS!!!!!    

Are you serious? Hey, you want to talk with idiots who who think the Bruins won the cup because of Colin Campbell, another who tells people "take it to the Bank" about everything anti Bruins and a 6 year old anti-Tuuka who couldnt spell CAT, by all means, knock yourself out.
    If you feel other posters suggesting people don't respond to these morons is a form of bullying, then perhaps NULL, Cactus, Tuuka-Fall and yourself should exchange numbers so you kids can text each other how NBC rigged the Finals last year without any fear of NAS violating your rights or bullying you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In the overall scheme of things, we're all free to ignore or reply to whoever we'd like. I was just glad to see this thread wasn't about me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Olsonic recommends the following responses to deal with bullying and trolling:

• ST FU
    • Go away
    • Choke yourself
    • I don't care what you think
    • I didn't ask your opinion, nor do I care
    • I know you are but what am I?
    (Effective rate: 50/50...so if it doesn't work the first time, just keep trying).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: expose the cyber-bully:
    [QUOTE]What's so wrong with suggesting to the community that it might want to (as a community) ignore posters who appear to be doing nothing but putting on an act in order to rile people up?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
    what's so wrong about just ignoring them(if that's your decision)? do people really get "riled up", when these posters spew their garbage? really? pretty thin skinned if you ask me. i personally find it entertaining to mock everything they say and make them appear foolish. the first trick is to never engage them in the conversation they want. as soon as you acknowledge ANYTHING they say, they got under your skin. realize WHO they are, and WHY they are here, then ridicule them for just that. but to let any person(s) control who "should be ignored" is a bit much. careful what you say here, YOU could be next!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: expose the cyber-bully : what's so wrong about just ignoring them(if that's your decision)? do people really get "riled up", when these posters spew their garbage? really? pretty thin skinned if you ask me. i personally find it entertaining to mock everything they say and make them appear foolish. the first trick is to never engage them in the conversation they want. as soon as you acknowledge ANYTHING they say, they got under your skin. realize WHO they are, and WHY they are here, then ridicule them for just that. but to let any person(s) control who "should be ignored" is a bit much. careful what you say here, YOU could be next!!!!

I really wouldn't worry about it adk. As long as you post things that are interesting to read, people won't ignore you, even if they dislike you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: expose the cyber-bully : what's so wrong about just ignoring them(if that's your decision)? do people really get "riled up", when these posters spew their garbage? really? pretty thin skinned if you ask me. i personally find it entertaining to mock everything they say and make them appear foolish. the first trick is to never engage them in the conversation they want. as soon as you acknowledge ANYTHING they say, they got under your skin. realize WHO they are, and WHY they are here, then ridicule them for just that. but to let any person(s) control who "should be ignored" is a bit much. careful what you say here, YOU could be next!!!!

There are, indeed, people who appear to have been riled up.  Perhaps they are only putting on a show as well.  Who knows for sure?
    The problem with mocking is that it is still attention, and it still encourages a return.  Some people would prefer not to have to wade through the drivel to find the actual discussions.  Admittedly, it's not so bad now.  I remember times when half the top page of threads were taken over by such individuals.

As for controlling who should be ignored, I think you over-estimate some people's power if you think a suggestion from them is equivalent to control.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to expose the cyber-bully : Are you serious? Hey, you want to talk with idiots who who think the Bruins won the cup because of Colin Campbell, another who tells people "take it to the Bank" about everything anti Bruins and a 6 year old anti-Tuuka who couldnt spell CAT, by all means, knock yourself out. If you feel other posters suggesting people don't respond to these morons is a form of bullying, then perhaps NULL, Cactus, Tuuka-Fall and yourself should exchange numbers so you kids can text each other how NBC rigged the Finals last year without any fear of NAS violating your rights or bullying you.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
     you've missed the boat on this one kel. i don't talk with these idiots, i make fun of them, try it, it's  great fun. the problem is not that people should or should not respond- it's that IF YOU DO- big mean NAS will put you on his list! this is cyber bullying at its finest, "if you don't do as we say, you'll be ignored yourself" think about this for a second. i really do find it funny that these posters known as trolls are taken seriously, NEVER engage them in THEIR conversation, that's taking the bait.  i think pointing out how sad they are does the trick just fine.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I'm with the OP on this one.  It's not the message so much as it is the delivery.  Good to suggest we deal with trolls effectively, in fact, there were two great threads that did that and were being bumped frequently to remind us all.  The disrespectful treatment of those who disagree, either now, or at some point in the past, is where the bullying comes in to play. That we don't need around here and needs to be called.  
    I can hear it now, why single out one individual.  Well, the reality is there is only one poster guilty of that type of behavior consistently.  Deal with the individual.   If another starts doing it, deal with them as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The "ignore" button is always there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

For goddsake, is there a reason we're eating our own? Reply to the trolls, don't reply to the trolls, whatever. But bickering amongst ourselves over the issue is childish.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Red's right.

Using the ''ignore" button on null now since he's decided to post so much after every Bruins' loss (which there are plenty of these days) has been a very effective way to improve my online experience.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

There is no community
    No Trolls
    No good fans
    No bad fans
    No best posters
    No worst posters
    etc.etc.........

Seriously - It's a Hockey forum, stop acting keenly alive and exuberant

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Aptly timed.  I was just thinking about the Rask thread NAS started and how quickly it became about NAS.  Go look at it and count the number of posts that take shots at NAS because he has voiced his opinion on players.  The only part of his OP that is in any way inflammatory is "as the foundation of the Bruins fanbase quakes at the thought of Tuukka Rask being out for an extended period of time, let's take a look at his season so far".  He doesn't take a personal shot at posters.  He takes a position and then attempts to back it up.  Half the thread turns into a back and forth about NAS being NAS for no reason I could see.

NAS has become the anti-troll; he's not trolling, but the response to him has the same annoying effect as when trolls proliferate.  NAS doesn't run around creating a million threads about himself; others run around creating threads about him. There are all sorts of threads telling him how to behave on the board and where to shove things because they don't like the way he expresses his opinions, and they don't agree with him.  I find it a bit ironic that one of the most common things he's accused of is "trying to control the boards!" and that many of the worst strings of sniping and incivility on these boards are directed at NAS by people who don't like his sarcasm.

I get that some people don't like NAS, but please, as red says, can we stop with default sniping and just talk the game?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]For goddsake, is there a reason we're eating our own? Reply to the trolls, don't reply to the trolls, whatever. But bickering amongst ourselves over the issue is childish.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Stop being all rational and level headed.

No place for that on these boards Laughing

Threads dedicated to ignoring trolls is pretty funny though. Ignoring them by having posts dedicated to ignoring them.............

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

NAS does not bully me, if you go back a couple years ago I not on the same page as him.  He knows hockey and at times can be very condescending.  I try not to.  So in his recent thread on replying to trolls, I apologized.  Why, not because of NAS but because I was sarcastic to that troll or whatever you call that person.  If NAS talks hockey, I will respond.  If someone posts to get attention, I do not use the ignore button, but more than likely I will not read the garbage.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I lol'd when I got mentioned in NAS's thread. As if I really care that he put my name in some arbitrary list.

I dont seriously respond to trolls I may mock them like ADK but I never seriously debate them. It shuts them down even faster when they realize they are a laughing stock and nobody is actually mad. Ignroring them does seem like the go to route on this site though.

Heres my opinion on NAS not that anyone cares. He is definitely hockey smart, but he has his own opinions and they rarely change. He picks an angle and sticks to it. I respect that even when he's wrong he still stuck to his guns from the get go.

Sure he ruffles alot of feathers and his ol' boy treatment of certain posters is annoying and if I get a chance to take a shot at him I probably will. But its different than a troll NAS gets respect and is one of the top posters on here.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]I lol'd when I got mentioned in NAS's thread. As if I really care that he put my name in some arbitrary list. I dont seriously respond to trolls I may mock them like ADK but I never seriously debate them. It shuts them down even faster when they realize they are a laughing stock and nobody is actually mad. Ignroring them does seem like the go to route on this site though. Heres my opinion on NAS not that anyone cares. He is definitely hockey smart, but he has his own opinions and they rarely change. He picks an angle and sticks to it. I respect that even when he's wrong he still stuck to his guns from the get go. Sure he ruffles alot of feathers and his ol' boy treatment of certain posters is annoying and if I get a chance to take a shot at him I probably will. But its different than a troll NAS gets respect and is one of the top posters on here.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]Nas sounds alot like Brian Burke.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Just take nas for what he is, an irritating instigator. Pretty funny when you think about it, he is the Marchand of the boards, the difference being Marchand annoys the opposing team. Use him to your advantage, if you ever feel like arguing with a 4 year old, he's always here...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

nas is scary.