Fact or Fiction?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Fact or Fiction?

In Response to Re: Fact or Fiction?:
    [QUOTE]Fact or fiction, somewhere in between me thinks, maybe to be never known.  One thing is for sure his behavior is somewhat reminiscent of Roenick's behavior at the 1998 Olympics.  Somehow that story was never fully exposed.  I will tend to think Marchand's personality is a true read, he did get out of hand.  The thing with the guard may be true, but again the truth may never be heard.  Meanwhile, the Bs management bettter reel in the young man's personality.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Fiction Jesus guys... Cmon now I cant believe some of you are blasting Marchand "If true" its obviously not true. WTH, This kid cant drink a gatorade in boston w/o 100 pictures showing up on facebook.

In this day and age if he punched a security guard that would 100% be on someones camera phone and on facebook instantly, your all sounding stupid.

It was added to his wikipedia, you know the encyclopedia thats online that anyone can edit any page? Where chuck norris's page contains information like "He once went to shave his beard but gave up upon cracking 5,000 razorblades without severing a single hair"????

IT was FALSELY added to his WIKIPEDIA as a joke I cant believe anyone thought this was serious.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fact or Fiction? : Fiction Jesus guys... Cmon now I cant believe some of you are blasting Marchand "If true" its obviously not true. WTH, This kid cant drink a gatorade in boston w/o 100 pictures showing up on facebook. In this day and age if he punched a security guard that would 100% be on someones camera phone and on facebook instantly, your all sounding stupid. It was added to his wikipedia, you know the encyclopedia thats online that anyone can edit any page? Where chuck norris's page contains information like "He once went to shave his beard but gave up upon cracking 5,000 razorblades without severing a single hair"???? IT was FALSELY added to his WIKIPEDIA as a joke I cant believe anyone thought this was serious.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

YEAH.  When have professional athletes ever gotten way too drunk and acted like jerks??  It's almost as insane as a professional hockey player beating up a cab driver, while drunk, over a couple bucks...preposterous...couldn't happen...

I'm am glad that the consensus is what we all probably expected -- not a true story.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

That same day I believe Seguin's wikipedia page was updated to state that he would be working as a stripper with Marchand this summer as he has a habit of taking his shirt off and dancing on bars. 

Again someone fooled with the pages as a joke. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

this game out when someone put it on his wiki page. anyone can alter a wiki page. it was deleted about 15 minutes later. its false....obviously

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennyBizz. Show KennyBizz's posts

yea..yea... just sign him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fact or Fiction? : All right...let's hear your stuipd drunk story and we will see how it matches up to marchand's stupidity !!!
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

I can't say my stories compare, at least not the ones I remember.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fact or Fiction? : I can't say my stories compare, at least not the ones I remember.  
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

ahhh...i guess i can come close to his.....i've got the stupidity thing down pat....the question would be...which time ?.....glad we had some fun with this post !!!  go bruins go !!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fact or Fiction? : Fiction Jesus guys... Cmon now I cant believe some of you are blasting Marchand "If true" its obviously not true. WTH, This kid cant drink a gatorade in boston w/o 100 pictures showing up on facebook. In this day and age if he punched a security guard that would 100% be on someones camera phone and on facebook instantly, your all sounding stupid. It was added to his wikipedia, you know the encyclopedia thats online that anyone can edit any page? Where chuck norris's page contains information like "He once went to shave his beard but gave up upon cracking 5,000 razorblades without severing a single hair"???? IT was FALSELY added to his WIKIPEDIA as a joke I cant believe anyone thought this was serious.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

ILK, generally I like your postings.  First I am one, not knowlegeable enough to be plural.  Simply put, Marchand is a bit on the loose.  Thank goodness for he was not afraid to challenge, spin some physicality for a small forward, and yes finish the job during the Stanley Cup.  He deserves KUDOS.  He was fantastic.  Yet we are talking about personal behavior, he is a young man who lives on the edge, btw I would too at that age.  Yet, the area is a little bit different from the night out in Boston that some of us enjoy.  The story is fiction, but ya got to believe he was on the edge of disaster.  The security guard thing imo is bogus.  The circumstance may not have been.  There are a lot of 20 somethings Bs players that don't have the same reputation.  So my inclination, singular, is to say he needs to check in with the thought that his career is short and under a major microscope.  Now that is beyond you and I.  So cut me some slack, I was stating simply he needs to be more mindful that the media can ruin his reputation as well as promote.  I think he will mature into a fine player, but he is no Roenick, so he may want to think in the long run. The Roenick story was never told, Japanese society influence no doubt.  But Marchand is living in a media haven.  He needs to cool his jets.  Always be concerned with your surroundings.  Cheers!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Fact or fiction, somewhere in between me thinks, maybe to be never known.  One thing is for sure his behavior is somewhat reminiscent of Roenick's behavior at the 1998 Olympics.  Somehow that story was never fully exposed.  I will tend to think Marchand's personality is a true read, he did get out of hand.  The thing with the guard may be true, but again the truth may never be heard.  Meanwhile, the Bs management bettter reel in the young man's personality.  

Roenick?  I thought it was Tkachuk!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fact or Fiction? : ILK, generally I like your postings.  First I am one, not knowlegeable enough to be plural.  Simply put, Marchand is a bit on the loose.  Thank goodness for he was not afraid to challenge, spin some physicality for a small forward, and yes finish the job during the Stanley Cup.  He deserves KUDOS.  He was fantastic.  Yet we are talking about personal behavior, he is a young man who lives on the edge, btw I would too at that age.  Yet, the area is a little bit different from the night out in Boston that some of us enjoy.  The story is fiction, but ya got to believe he was on the edge of disaster.  The security guard thing imo is bogus.  The circumstance may not have been.  There are a lot of 20 somethings Bs players that don't have the same reputation.  So my inclination, singular, is to say he needs to check in with the thought that his career is short and under a major microscope.  Now that is beyond you and I.  So cut me some slack, I was stating simply he needs to be more mindful that the media can ruin his reputation as well as promote.  I think he will mature into a fine player, but he is no Roenick, so he may want to think in the long run. The Roenick story was never told, Japanese society influence no doubt.  But Marchand is living in a media haven.  He needs to cool his jets.  Always be concerned with your surroundings.  Cheers!
    Isla, I was actually more surprised at the fact that Seguin was openly partying hard(being underage and all).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fact or Fiction? : Roenick?  I thought it was Tkachuk!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Purely speculative, but at the time I read it was Roenick. Please educate.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Roenick Chelios Tkachuk the whole US team, who cares.

March's play on the ice is not his behaviour off it.  He is back in Halifax drinking with Shup's sister, it was a cop he plugged Shup. Woot Woot!  Sorry Shup couldn't let it pass, next Keet's on me.lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I ran into Mush at Pete's Frootique and he hardly looks big enough to smash a guy's jaw like that.  Also, if he did the guy would be thanking him.  He would either sue or is being paid by his employer to cover it up.  Since I think the lawsuit would be more likely, and we haven't heard anything for real, I am 98% sure the story is completely fabricated.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fact or Fiction? : ILK, generally I like your postings.  First I am one, not knowlegeable enough to be plural.  Simply put, Marchand is a bit on the loose.  Thank goodness for he was not afraid to challenge, spin some physicality for a small forward, and yes finish the job during the Stanley Cup.  He deserves KUDOS.  He was fantastic.  Yet we are talking about personal behavior, he is a young man who lives on the edge, btw I would too at that age.  Yet, the area is a little bit different from the night out in Boston that some of us enjoy.  The story is fiction, but ya got to believe he was on the edge of disaster.  The security guard thing imo is bogus.  The circumstance may not have been.  There are a lot of 20 somethings Bs players that don't have the same reputation.  So my inclination, singular, is to say he needs to check in with the thought that his career is short and under a major microscope.  Now that is beyond you and I.  So cut me some slack, I was stating simply he needs to be more mindful that the media can ruin his reputation as well as promote.  I think he will mature into a fine player, but he is no Roenick, so he may want to think in the long run. The Roenick story was never told, Japanese society influence no doubt.  But Marchand is living in a media haven.  He needs to cool his jets.  Always be concerned with your surroundings.  Cheers!

Isla, wasnt picking your post out specifically just making a general point that this particular story (hillarious) is b.s.

I think he should rail it in at least before he hurts a liver or something. Hopefully he's signed tomorrow he'll be good for a while.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fact or Fiction? : Isla, wasnt picking your post out specifically just making a general point that this particular story (hillarious) is b.s. I think he should rail it in at least before he hurts a liver or something. Hopefully he's signed tomorrow he'll be good for a while.
    Posted by RechsimusMaximus[/QUOTE]

They qualified him, so they have all summer to make the deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I heard Chelios was the leader of the Nagano meltdown...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I thought it was Hull.