Fantasy Hockey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Fantasy Hockey

Do any of you guys have a fantasy league?  I was looking to play fantasy hockey this year and was thinking we should get a group from this forum.  Could be for fun or with money involved though not sure how we could do that

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Fantasy Hockey

I'm in. lets get this going.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Could be fun. I'd join in

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

im in if i get torres and regehr.  I think this is an excellent idea.  i would offer a suggestion and use yahoo.  user friendly

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Anyone else interested? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I would be interested

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

i would be game for a money league

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

If you guys wanted to do it on yahoo I wouldnt mind setting up the league

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

In Response to Re: Fantasy Hockey:
    [QUOTE]If you guys wanted to do it on yahoo I wouldnt mind setting up the league
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]
    Yahoo is good and that would be great if you could set up a league...money league would be cool too

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

I'd be in for a Yahoo league...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I will set it up not sure if its open yet add me as a friend on here so when the league is set up i can message you the league id and password. I would just leave my personal email but with tools like cactus on here I rather not make my email public. We can also disc if we wana make it a money league and depending on interest here how many teams. I would like this to be for board member only.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Let's not forget that both the CBC.ca and The Score.ca have free pools(with great prizes) open to all Canadians.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Dez we couldn't set up our own board members only league on those sites could we? Also I know yahoo leagues it doesn't matter what coountry we live in. Most  here are us or can and we have some board members from other countrys.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

I'm in

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez we couldn't set up our own board members only league on those sites could we? Also I know yahoo leagues it doesn't matter what coountry we live in. Most  here are us or can and we have some board members from other countrys.
    I'm actually not positive the pools are restricted to just Canadians. I just assumed. I do know that seperate leagues can be set up within the pools. I also agree with you that setting up our own pool this year is a great idea. I'll join whatever league you guys get started up. Hope your summer has gone well. Cheers!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Dez we couldn't set up our own board members only league on those sites could we? Also I know yahoo leagues it doesn't matter what coountry we live in. Most  here are us or can and we have some board members from other countrys.

Excellent point, LUCIC! I'm in Panama and I've often been denied access to many sports related .ca websites. It's cool that you thought of us expats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Dez how could the summer not be like the greatest ever being a fan of the STANLEY CUP CHAMPION BOSTON BRUINS( been saying that alot waited my entire life as did most of you)!

Also a few questions to all interested people. First question how do you guys feel about makeing it a money league? I am not talking big bucks I am thinking along the lines like say 10 or 20 bucks something where the winner will get some money maybe towards a bruins playoff game in the spring haha. Also for those of us that sighn up how would you feel about makeing this a "keeper league". In a keeper league you can keep a certain amount of players to the next season. If we decide its a keeper league the next order of bussiness would be votting on the amount of keepers. For instance i am in a baseball keeper league and we keep 8 of our 25 players for baseball this is a good number because the gm gets to keep some of his players but the stacked teams also have no choice but to cut some good players lose for the next seasons draft. Also if I set it up I wouldn't mind being the comisioner. As far as trades go I would propose something like each trade would go through 48 hours after it is posted if there is no vetos. I would propse something like if 75% of the gms think the trade is unfair then the trade is vetoed. Also if I was comish I would like someone to be the co-comish although the comish duties wouldn't be much. Right now I have alot of free time on my hands and even when I am at work have acceses to computers. I also looked at yahoo but it appears fantasy hockey 2011-2012 isn't up yet I will keep checking daily and tell you all when its up. Really looking forward to this haven't played fantasy hockey since I was in HS not enough interest of people I know wana do fantasy hockey.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Dez how could the summer not be like the greatest ever being a fan of the STANLEY CUP CHAMPION BOSTON BRUINS( been saying that alot waited my entire life as did most of you)! Also a few questions to all interested people. First question how do you guys feel about makeing it a money league? I am not talking big bucks I am thinking along the lines like say 10 or 20 bucks something where the winner will get some money maybe towards a bruins playoff game in the spring haha. Also for those of us that sighn up how would you feel about makeing this a "keeper league". In a keeper league you can keep a certain amount of players to the next season. If we decide its a keeper league the next order of bussiness would be votting on the amount of keepers. For instance i am in a baseball keeper league and we keep 8 of our 25 players for baseball this is a good number because the gm gets to keep some of his players but the stacked teams also have no choice but to cut some good players lose for the next seasons draft. Also if I set it up I wouldn't mind being the comisioner. As far as trades go I would propose something like each trade would go through 48 hours after it is posted if there is no vetos. I would propse something like if 75% of the gms think the trade is unfair then the trade is vetoed. Also if I was comish I would like someone to be the co-comish although the comish duties wouldn't be much. Right now I have alot of free time on my hands and even when I am at work have acceses to computers. I also looked at yahoo but it appears fantasy hockey 2011-2012 isn't up yet I will keep checking daily and tell you all when its up. Really looking forward to this haven't played fantasy hockey since I was in HS not enough interest of people I know wana do fantasy hockey.

Lucic,

I find that simple is often the best policy.  I am a fantasy freak but many aren't.  I say create a 12 team league with basic rules, no keeper and no money.  I know its not sexy...but for a trial run we want all the good ones joining. 

Thats my call but i would be open to anything.

Yahoo hockey I dont believe is up and running yet. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Yea shupe I am game for anything as far as the league lets see what everyone wants and we will go with it the "majority will rule" lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

this is a great idea. I would be interested as well. If the original group gets filled, lets make another. How about we make all the league formats the same and post the standings?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennyBizz. Show KennyBizz's posts

I would be interested!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from taylorhall10. Show taylorhall10's posts

I'd be down to join a league if you guys create one. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Wow the interest is a lot better than I had thought so when it starts my question is are we going to do a live draft?  Also I would be game for even as a trial year maybe a money league of a low $5 or so just so if it doesnt work out no one loses anything significant. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpeat. Show soxpeat's posts

Yahoo is up and running as of today.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]Wow the interest is a lot better than I had thought so when it starts my question is are we going to do a live draft?  Also I would be game for even as a trial year maybe a money league of a low $5 or so just so if it doesnt work out no one loses anything significant. 
    Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]

if u need a guy to fill one of those 12 spots id be willing to be in. i assume the draft would be online sounds cool.