Farmville updates Part II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Farmville updates Part II

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

John.  You had John McFarland.  Guy has incredible hands, creativity, hockey sense.  He is sadly fragile, it seems, and was never a terrific skater.  One of those guys who, like Jason Allison coming out of Junior, could have been drafted much higher if the shoes were made of lighter material.

[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree on that one Book.

I thought he was a good enough skater. It was the inconsistency that he brought to his game night after night. 

Maybe it was Craig McFarland who was the bad skater. It wasn't John.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:[QUOTE] Going to see Providence & Worcester tonight.

Not sure what I can report given that you've all seen most of the Providence lineup playing in the NHL in the last few weeks. [/QUOTE]

How Morrow, Cunningham, Anthony Camara, Niklas Svedberg, Trotman and Seth Griffith are doing will be fine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Game last night Worcester Sharks v Providence Bruins, Bruins won 4-0.

Robbins fought somebody early in, not impressed with Robbins either with his fighting and even less impressed with his play.

Carter Camper collected a puck between the face off dots and put in a wrist shot as cool and casual as you will see.  He had it going on all night making several nice heads up plays. (he got 2nd star)

Svedberg got a shutout and looked solid (he got 1st star)

Morrow looked great out on the PP, several smart passes and a one timer from the point that just missed the top corner.

Camara and Griffith looked sharp all night, both got goals (Griffith EN).

Cross is established as a 3rd d pairing in the AHL.  Took an idiotic penalty when he was beat to the puck on an icing and decided to hold the guy in the corner.  He did a keystone cops routine when he got out of the penalty box as there were 2 d already out there and he had to take right wing - and proceeded to play like he was on the PK (even tho they were even), but other than the dumb penalty and brain cramp he was solid making several nice heads up passes.

Koko didn't play (don't know why).

Scott Campbell their ECHL call up looked good - he scored a short handed goal on a breakaway.  I liked the other 2 ECHL call ups, or at least I think they are because I don't recall them; Downing and Cherniwchan.  Cherniwchan didn't get many minutes, but he looked ok to me.

Otherwise - I've said it before, but it's worth saying again - LOTS of talent down there in Providence, the talent level is rising for the draft picks and maybe AHL in general so maybe that's why I have this impression, but all night long I saw lots of smart passes and heads up plays.  This is a world of difference from what I personally am calling the "Suave and Riendeau days" where it seemed like you had some guys with some particular talent and HUGE holes in their games or well rounded guys who simply weren't that good at anything.

Observation Coaching: Saw one conversation between coaching staff and players all night, the one conversation was with Cross with a lot of pointing going on.  I was about 4 rows in back of the bench and was struck by the coaches NOT communicating with players.  When I watch most games - just about at any level I'll notice something that I think is "smart".  Only 1 thing last night, Flick got into it in the 1st period and the battle continued into the 2nd and got kicked out of the game.  They put Griffith into the box (instead of some 4th liner) thinking about the expiring penalty and having a skilled guy jump out of the box.  Only thing that struck me all night.  And that's pretty much just a "basic" anyway.

Observation on the PK:  They had Cross out there TONS on the PK, too much.  Not sure, but they might have had him out there for an entire PK once.  He's adequate, but certainly not deserving of that much PK time.  They certainly could be developing some other guys at PK.

My conclusion - I really don't like the coaching in Providence.  I think the team is underachieving by miles.  I don't think they're using the resources they have to win more AHL games and I don't think they're making the most of developing players.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BadHabitude's comment:[QUOTE] Going to see Providence & Worcester tonight.

Not sure what I can report given that you've all seen most of the Providence lineup playing in the NHL in the last few weeks. [/QUOTE]

How Morrow, Cunningham, Anthony Camara, Niklas Svedberg, Trotman and Seth Griffith are doing will be fine.

[/QUOTE]

Forgot to mention - Trotman, Warsofski and Miller were rock solid all night on d.

Cunningham was excellent, lots of smart looks and passes, had 2 assists last night.

Worth mentioning that so many guys are doing so well it's easy to have someone drop below your radar.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thanks BadHab

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Thanks BadHab

[/QUOTE]

You're very welcome.

Marco - you said nothing to get excited about in Providence?

Wrong!

Very wrong.

Immense talent down there that's being under utilized.  It's no wonder to me that Spooner - who has been good mind you - is no where near hitting his NHL stride yet.  I think with more responsible coaching down there he would have been more NHL ready.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thanks BadHab

[/QUOTE]

You're very welcome.

Marco - you said nothing to get excited about in Providence?

Wrong!

Very wrong.

Immense talent down there that's being under utilized.  It's no wonder to me that Spooner - who has been good mind you - is no where near hitting his NHL stride yet.  I think with more responsible coaching down there he would have been more NHL ready.

[/QUOTE]

If you could pick one fwd and one dman for next call-up (outside of players we've already seen) who would be your guess?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you could pick one fwd and one dman for next call-up (outside of players we've already seen) who would be your guess?

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't venture to guess, that's way beyond my hockey knowledge.  

Defenseman:

Any defenseman on the team is fully capable for a call up with these exceptions; Cross and Moore - these are career AHLers.

Youds, Casto and Spinnel are either ECHLers or borderline AHLers -this season, but they could potentially improve.

Forwards:

That's much harder for me to say.  As a group they are the biggest underachieving part of the team.  For the negatives, Fallstrom and Knight were invisible and Flick was too busy carrying on a grudge match last night.  Robbins, no talent at eithr fighting or playing.  Camper looked great last night, but he is small, the 175 lbs they have him listed at is an exaggeration.  The 2 ECHL callups Cherniwhatever and Downing are just too new, and the rest of the guys are pretty similar.  Griffith and Camara are a lot closer to Fraser and Sweethands than you'd think.

As I write this, I am realizing how strong the defense is on that team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

Griffith and Camara are a lot closer to Fraser and Sweethands than you'd think.

As I write this, I am realizing how strong the defense is on that team.

[/QUOTE]

Both of those statements are good to read.  Liked what I saw of Camara the few chances I saw him play on tv.  

I would really like to see Morrow get the call sometime this season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:[QUOTE]

Thanks BadHab [/QUOTE]

You're very welcome.

Marco - you said nothing to get excited about in Providence? [/QUOTE]

You really think he has been to an AHL game or Providence ?

Anyways...thanks again better than any OHL update I've ever seen on here Tongue Out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Both of those statements are good to read.  Liked what I saw of Camara the few chances I saw him play on tv.  

I would really like to see Morrow get the call sometime this season.

[/QUOTE]

Take this literally, it's NOT a prediction because predictions are for idiots...

It would not surprise me in the least to see Morrow come up and be a kind of a Hamilton clone providing some really sharp PP quarterbacking and solid defense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Love your updates Badhab, makes me wanna go see this team, maybe after the new year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I defintely plan on hitting up a game before the season ends.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

You can't beat AHL hockey for the price.  I go early and catch warmups.  And to be honest I leave mid way through the 3rd period.  I never have had to wait in traffic even for a second - going in or coming out.  A total breeze.  That's Worcester, the Sharks Bruins games are "big games" and entire sections are empty.  The upper deck was curtained off every game I went to.

Providence crowds are bigger, same strategy leaving halfway thru the third and I still got stuck in traffic on this annoying 1 way street for 20 minutes, but that's nothing compared to Boston.

Tons of good restaurants nearby.  Yesterday we stopped at Jimmy's in Shrewsbury on the way, I got filet mignon, wife had salmon, I had a small bottle of chianti (2.5 glasses) grand total of $56, parking was $5, 2 tickets $54 - that would not have gotten us parking and the same meal in Boston, never mind the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

P-BRUINS SHUTOUT SHARKS 3-0 Subban With 25 Saves For First Pro Shutout

Providence, RI –
     The Providence Bruins shutout the Worcester Sharks 3-0 Friday night at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center.  Nick JohnsonAlexander Khokhlachev and Justin Florek scored for the P-Bruins, while Malcolm Subban made 25 saves for the shutout.

In the opening period, both teams started off with equal opportunities, but it was the P-Bruins that struck first.  At the 16:42 mark, Johnson tallied his 12th goal of the season, while Khokhlachev and David Warsofsky recorded the assists.  Providence took a 1-0 lead into the first intermission.

Khokhlachev got himself on the score sheet again early in the second, this time beating Troy Grosenick glove side for his seventh of the season.  Johnson and Craig Cunningham assisted with the goal that came at the 1:11 mark.  The P-Bruins continued to put on the pressure scoring again at the 13:12 mark.  Florek had the one-timer for his ninth goal of the season after receiving the puck from Carter Camper.  Jared Knight also had an assist on the goal, as Providence led 3-0 going into the second intermission.

After a scoreless third period, the P-Bruins held on for the 3-0 victory in which Subban stopped all 25 shots he faced for his first professional shutout.  Grosenick made 27 saves for the Sharks.  Providence went 0-for-3 on the power play and 2-for-2 on the penalty kill.

The P-Bruins hit the road Saturday to face the Springfield Falcons at 7:00pm before returning home to the 
    Dunkin’ Donuts Center Sunday, January 5 at 3:05pm against the Sharks.  The first 1,000 fans in attendance will receive a stadium cup courtesy of Cool Air Creations and Realty Associates.   For tickets to this game or any other P-Bruins home games  visit www.providencebruins.com .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I like Subban.  He's been developing nicely.  My guess is he will still need another AHL season after this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The legend of Sweethands continues!

Edit: http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/video/providence-bruins-vs-worcester-sharks/9055

Here are the highlights

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

I like Subban.  He's been developing nicely.  My guess is he will still need another AHL season after this.

[/QUOTE]

And if I had a guess maybe even more then that providing Svedberg makes the jump to the next level with the Bruins.

P.S. Just a guess. Not guru gospel.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/video

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.providencebruins.com/View/PressReleases/1221

"The Providence Bruins defeated the Worcester Sharks 8-2 Sunday afternoon at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center.  Nick Johnson, Carter Camper, Craig Cunningham, Ben Youds, Chris Casto and Rob Flick each had a goal, while Anthony Camara scored twice for the P-Bruins.  Malcolm Subban made 33 saves for the victory.

The scoring start early in the opening frame at the 2:33 mark when Johnson scored his 14th goal of the season. Alexander Khokhlachev and David Warsofsky picked up the assists.  Providence scored again to make it 2-0 at the 4:45 mark.  Justin Florek attempted to slide the puck past Sharks goaltender Harri Sateri but it trickled out of the crease and onto the stick of Camper who scored his eighth goal of the season.  Youdsgrabbed the second assist.  Less than a minute later Camara took a quick pass on the stick side of Sateri and scored at the 5:46 mark, his fifth goal of the season.  Andrew Cherniwhcan andCastohad the assists as the P-Bruins took a 3-0 lead into the first intermission."

Looks like everyone chipped in! Good to see KoKo playing better since his injury.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Congratulations to Niklas Svedberg for being our first star for the month of December! Svedberg started in 9 of the 13 games the P-Bruins played in December, earning a star of the game three times. Two times he was a first star and the third time he was the third star. Svedberg had a great month posting a 6-2-1 record with one shutout, a 2.22 goals against average and a .926 save percentage. Svedberg’s performances throughout December earned him his first career NHL appearance with Boston, where he won his first career NHL game on January 2nd against the Nashville Predators. Again, congrats to Niklas"

Man Chiarelli needs to get his act together.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/bruins/content/20140106-hockey-notebook-feeder-system-working-splendidly-for-bruins.ece

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"As they head into the second half of the season, when crowds at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center traditionally go up, Providence is third in the AHL with an average attendance of 7,319.

Only Hershey (9,209) and Grand Rapids (7,792) are ahead of Providence, which drew 8,996 on Friday and 8,692 on Sunday afternoon.

The Dunk’s other winter tenant, Providence College basketball, is averaging 6,970."

That is awesome!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://thehockeywriters.com/providence-san-antonio-ahl-power-rankings-week-14/

"1. Providence Bruins (19-11-1-5)

The Bruins jump into No. 1 after a big week where they won three out of four games. Rookie goalie Malcolm Subban had his first shutout of the season with 25 saves in a 3-0 shutout of the Worcester Sharks on Friday. Providence then thumped Worcester 8-2 on Sunday behind three-point performances from Anthony Camara, Ben Youds and Chris Casto."

Skootin up the rankings!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Who is David LeNeveu played for Prov last night,are Subban or Svedberg injured lost 1-0