Farmville updates Part II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Farmville updates Part II

Would you project Griffith or Fraser as a top 6 forward in NHL ?

Where would you think PC does ?

I see Seth as a 3rd line player. Both need to start scoring more 5 on 5... a lot more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't see either guy having a bright future unless he makes the top 6.  Similar guys, really, in that they come with a real talent for finishing, but have other liabilities.  I don't think Griffith has the size or tenacity to be a good third liner on this team...but he could play that Ryder role with the right mix.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Saw Providence Bruins v. St John's today.

P Bruins got off to a very slow start getting only 1 shot in their first 10 minutes.

They really ought to look at a coaching change down there, they appeared to me to be grossly underachieving as a team.

Svedberg was good, but some trouble with rebound control.

As individuals, they all looked good.  Fraser and Morrow stood out as the better players in today's game.

Despite the negatives mentioned above, they won 5-2.

Lots of talent down there.

And Tommy Cross?  Didn't play.  I notice he's got 2nd worse plus minus at a -4 and no points in 6 games.  Anybody know what the deal is?  Injured?  Assigned to the ECHL again?  Anybody want to admit he was a waste of a draft pick?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

P Bruins got off to a very slow start getting only 1 shot in their first 10 minutes.

They really ought to look at a coaching change down there, they appeared to me to be grossly underachieving as a team.

As individuals, they all looked good.  Fraser and Morrow stood out as the better players in today's game.

And Tommy Cross?  Didn't play.  I notice he's got 2nd worse plus minus at a -4 and no points in 6 games.  Anybody know what the deal is?  Injured?  Assigned to the ECHL again?  Anybody want to admit he was a waste of a draft pick?

[/QUOTE]

Seems like those knee injuries took their toll on Cross. He was a beast early on at BC, then kind of took a back seat to a lot of guys there, even as the captain. He's obviously a leader, but it doesn't seem like he has the tools. Aside from maybe his leadership (never met the kid, but based on word), nothing about his game really stands out. What year was he drafted? 2007, right? Yes, I think it's safe to say that after 6-7 years in the system, and probably being right around 10-12 in the organization's depth chart on the blue line, that he was a waste of a draft pick.

2007 = Brutal draft year for Boston.

8th they take Hamill. Next 10 picks included: Couture, McDonagh, Brandon Sutter, Lars Eller, Shattenkirk

35th they take Cross (whom they traded up 3 spots to pick). Followed shortly there after by Subban.

The remaining draft picks were: Dennis Reul (selected one pick after Jamie Benn), Alain Goulet, Radim Ostrcil, Jordan Knackstedt.

Got lucky that McQuaid didn't turn out to be a bust; that pick turned into Jamie Benn.

Traded Boynton and a 4th rounder (which turned into Matt Frattin) for Paul Mara and a 3rd rounder.

The Bruins hit pretty good in the 2003-2006 drafts, and appear to have stocked the prospect pool pretty well the past couple of years, but boy did they have lots of swing and misses in 2007-2009 (jury still out on Caron). 

The 2006 draft was very good. It has probably been the most instrumental draft in the Bruins success, particularly if you include the Rask/Raycroft draft day trade, which didn't even require the draft to happen, but they did it that day anyway.

Out of the 2006 draft, the Bruins essentially got: Lucic, Smith, Eriksson, Hamilton, Marchand, Rask. Without that draft, this team still stinks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

They traded up 3 spots to get Cross?

Why?  What made them think he was worth the risk?

Mind you - he blew his knee out playing baseball before the draft.

So anybody know where he is?  Benched?  Injured?  In the ECHL?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Got lucky that McQuaid didn't turn out to be a bust; that pick turned into Jamie Benn."

Or Chiarelli and his scouts did their homework then developed McQuaid in Providence properly. Luck had nothing to do with it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I guess we'll see in a few years just how many jerseys you'll add to your collection.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shortpops. Show shortpops's posts

I just took a look at the  current player stats for the Providence Bruins and sweethands leads the pack with 6 goals and 2 assists in 8 games and he is a plus 4, then comes  Ryan  Spooner with  2 goals,5 assists and  minus 2, then matt fraser 5 goals,1 assist and minus 3,then seth griffith 3  goals,2 assists,plus 4 in just 5 games,and  joe morrow with 2 goals and 3 assists.   Looks like some of these guys will be useful in the not too far distant future.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I guess we'll see in a few years just how many jerseys you'll add to your collection.

[/QUOTE]

But will we find Tommy Cross in a few years?

I've spent all kinds of time searching the web trying to figure out if he's injured or benched or what, can't find a thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But will we find Tommy Cross in a few years?

I've spent all kinds of time searching the web trying to figure out if he's injured or benched or what, can't find a thing.

[/QUOTE]

Sadly BH, I find the AHL news in general to be sorely lacking. I can't even see who the healthy scratches are in the box score.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Sadly BH, I find the AHL news in general to be sorely lacking. I can't even see who the healthy scratches are in the box score.

[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing he's been benched.  I checked a number of articles and saw nothing about him getting injured.  And IMO every defenseman I saw was better than him, or at best case for Cross, everyone down there is comparable to him.  I honestly think they switched him over to his off side so that he could bang it off the glass more easily - which is most all of what he can do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment: Sadly BH, I find the AHL news in general to be sorely lacking. I can't even see who the healthy scratches are in the box score.

It is very crappy and those sctratches should be there in the box score. https://twitter.com/MarkDivver and https://twitter.com/ahlbruins usually throw up which players are not playing and why right before the game starts.

By Mark Divver

Good

*** They took four out of four points with a pair of home wins - a 4-3 shootout win over Springfield on Friday and a 5-2 win over St. John's on Sunday.

*** Nik Svedberg had a strong weekend. He stopped five of six shootout attempts in Friday night's win and then played very well on Sunday.

*** Zach Trotman is tied for sixth in the AHL with a plus-7 in 7 games. He was plus-3 on Friday night.

*** Another goal for Seth Griffith on Sunday. The rookie continues to hum along at a point-per-game pace -- 3-2-5 in 5 games.

*** David Warsofsky, who scored a shootout goal against Washington during the NHL preseason, won the game for the P-Bruins with a shootout tally on Friday night. He was plus-3 in Sunday's game and is plus-6 for the season.

Bad

*** Alex Fallstrom missed the weekend after suffering an upper body injury in practice.

*** After sitting out the first seven games while rehabbing his injured knee, Bobby Robins was suspended for one game for a hit during his first game back.

*** Only three teams have given up more goals than the P-Bruins - 28.

*** Alex Khoklachev and Carter Camper are still looking for their first goals of season.

*** P-Bruins have had just 25 power plays; only Milwaukee and Iowa (24) have had fewer.

Ugly

*** Providence continues to have the worst penalty kill in the league. They've been shorthanded only 25 times, the third-lowest total in the AHL, but they've killed just 17 of those penalties, while giving up 8 power play goals."

Looks like the Baby Bs are following Boston's PK woes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=689100

Bs european prospect report.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1011266

Richie Cunningham and Matt Farser very happy Spooner is back with them.

The Whale not so happy right now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from allypk. Show allypk's posts

WENT TO THE WHALE TONIGHT...1st game seeing Fraser 

, Cunningham, Spooner.....WOW.....great chemistry on offense....all 3 stars.....Spooner, Koko can fly....Fraser was impressive....team D is small....Sveg had a bad game in goal , fighting the puck all night....they need an enforcer to put out when their small forwards and D get pounded....by far the best offensive P B team I have seen, will go to Worcester and Springfield also.....defense was uninspiring...power play was smooth...liked how they came out and Fraser line dominated right awayWhale had no answer to the speed and passing of that line...they kept it in the offensive zone for long periods...swaps. 6 - 2 before Sveg got fluff otitis....very bad goals....had a great time...lots of offense and a good fight

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from allypk. Show allypk's posts

In response to allypk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

, Cunningham, Spooner.....WOW.....great chemistry on offense....all 3 stars.....Spooner, Koko can fly....Fraser was impressive....team D is small....Sveg had a bad game in goal , fighting the puck all night....they need an enforcer to put out when their small forwards and D get pounded....by far the best offensive P B team I have seen, will go to Worcester and Springfield also.....defense was uninspiring...power play was smooth...liked how they came out and Fraser line dominated right awayWhale had no answer to the speed and passing of that line...they kept it in the offensive zone for long periods...swaps. 6 - 2 before Sveg got fluff otitis....very bad goals....had a great time...lots of offense and a good fight

[/QUOTE]

Final score off 8 to 6 was not indicative of how badly PBS outplayed the Whale, why the Fraser line got all 3 stars

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Final score off 8 to 6 was not indicative of how badly PBS outplayed the Whale, why the Fraser line got all 3 stars

[/QUOTE]

I'm going to see them tonight at Worcester Sharks.  Morrow looked good when I saw them, did Cross play?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1011266

No Captain Tommy!

Matt Fraser only 2 goals back for the most in the AHL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Make a good 4th line bring them all up

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I saw 2 periods of Worcester v. Providence tonight.

Lots of talent in Providence.

Sweet hands, still has sweet hands and is performing as expected.

Spooner is still too good for the AHL.

Warsofski and Trotman looked good.

Good news:  Subban is adjusting to the AHL and looked sharp.  He got smoked in his first few games.

Bad news: Tommy Cross.  Sad.  Limited time on ice.  on his 3rd shift he lost his guy in front of the net, and put a bear hug on him, let him go, got away with it and then about 5 seconds later grabbed the guy again and got called for interference.  He is noticeably bad out there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Glad too see Trotman back and paying well. How about Morrow ?

Thansk for the update!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I refuse to believe Cross is bad - it would mean that the Bruins had a bad draft in 2007.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Glad too see Trotman back and paying well. How about Morrow ?

Thansk for the update!

[/QUOTE]

Morrow - didn't register on me tonight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I can tell you that Cross had very limited minutes last night from what I saw.

He's played in 9 games, missed 3 - was presumably benched.

In his limited games and minutes he has found a way to:

Have the worst plus minus on the team at -7.

No goals and no assists.

He is 4th on the team in penalty minutes (15).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

I can tell you that Cross had very limited minutes last night from what I saw.

He's played in 9 games, missed 3 - was presumably benched.

In his limited games and minutes he has found a way to:

Have the worst plus minus on the team at -7.

No goals and no assists.

He is 4th on the team in penalty minutes (15).

[/QUOTE]

I hear he's a pretty good baseball player...