Fat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Re: Fat

If you missed it, I am the former Wheatskins.

I posted the change almost three weeks ago.

I will continue to lecture when the occasion requires.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I am not on here every day, and I missed the announcement.

The fact that you are not new here, actually makes it worse. You should understand that it is a discussion board, and people are not obligated to share your opinions, in order to post here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Fat with a two assist night.  He's third on the team in assists even if he is struggling to put the puck in the net.  He now has 22 points in 34 games.  Over an 82 game season?  That's a 65 point pace.  That would be a career high in points for Fat.

Is Fat playing the dominant physical game we know he can?  Not consistently.  Is Fat popping goals at an acceptable rate?  Nope.  Is Fat contributing to goals at a better rate than at any time in the past?  Yep.

People wanting to cashier Fat underestimate how many ways he can contribute.

I still dont get why he doesnt spend more time in front of the net.  Thats primarily (in my opinion) why his goal/game pace is off.  When he's scoring 25 goals/year + , 50% (at least) are garbage goals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

If you missed it, I am the former Wheatskins.

I posted the change almost three weeks ago.

I will continue to lecture when the occasion requires.

Sorry, but I am not on here every day, and I missed the announcement.

The fact that you are not new here, actually makes it worse. You should understand that it is a discussion board, and people are not obligated to share your opinions, in order to post here.

[/QUOTE]

I don't mind discussion.

I do mind childishness, unreasonableness and blatant s--ks.

Sorry, but that is the way I am.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I dont know who coined the nickname fat on this board; however, before we started calling him fat, I sent a text to my buddy:

"Are you ready for Fat Lucic?  The most dissapointing weight gain since Topanga"

The reason I nicknamed him fat, was because I expected him to come in out of shape due to not playing overseas during the lockout. 

He came out of the gate playing well, and I hereby acknowledge the foot in my mouth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Like most things on this board, there's a history to Fat Daddy Lucic.  If you weren't here, you don't get it.  Oh well.  You won't get Cefano either, and that's here to stay, I think.  In this case, though, the point is to get people to recognize that the degree of criticism levelled at Lucic is about perception not reality - gnb's math is right, mea culpa - just as the multiple stories about him coming to camp Tkachuked up were.  So - Fat will have the last laugh.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Like most things on this board, there's a history to Fat Daddy Lucic.  If you weren't here, you don't get it.  Oh well.  You won't get Cefano either, and that's here to stay, I think.  In this case, though, the point is to get people to recognize that the degree of criticism levelled at Lucic is about perception not reality - gnb's math is right, mea culpa - just as the multiple stories about him coming to camp Tkachuked up were.  So - Fat will have the last laugh.

I am just waiting for the day Edwards accidentally reveals that he reads posts here by using this on the air.

... okay, I don't really think it will happen.  But it would be unbearably hilarious.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Dumb nickname for Lucic, Books. And for those who expect Lucic to be banging all the time, are probably the same people wondering why Lucic's play declines when he's playing through an injury (of which banging contributes greatly to).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

Dumb nickname for Lucic, Books. And for those who expect Lucic to be banging all the time, are probably the same people wondering why Lucic's play declines when he's playing through an injury (of which banging contributes greatly to).

Again, some people are really missing the history and origins of this.  It's not a nickname.  It's satirical reference to the training camp madness in the media (and here) and it kind of stuck around.  

It isn't a joke on Lucic.  Just like Cedfano isn't a joke on Chara.  Largely, we're making fun of ourselves over the "weight-gate" drama in training camp.  Again, lighten up folks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Lucic is the personality of the team.  OK, his goals are down, but he can and does dominate entire shifts when he's moved to - I do wish that were a bit more often.  When all this trade unpredictability is settled, Lucic will return to form, especially if he skates with Krecji and Jagr.  Can you imagine him swinging behind the opposing net and dishing to 68, like he's done for Horton and Krejci.  Skate, Milan, skate!

Lucic-Krejci-Jagr

Marchand-Peverley-Segin

Pandolfo-Spooner-Horton

Paille-Campbell-Thornton

*until Patrice returns ... he will.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Again, some people are really missing the history and origins of this.  It's not a nickname.  It's satirical reference to the training camp madness in the media (and here) and it kind of stuck around.  

It isn't a joke on Lucic.  Just like Cedfano isn't a joke on Chara.  Largely, we're making fun of ourselves over the "weight-gate" drama in training camp.  Again, lighten up folks.

Thanks for this post Fletcher. I'm not up to date on everything Bruins, due to my vow not to stray too much from my work.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In response to huscroft28's comment:

Lucic is the personality of the team.  OK, his goals are down, but he can and does dominate entire shifts when he's moved to - I do wish that were a bit more often.  When all this trade unpredictability is settled, Lucic will return to form, especially if he skates with Krecji and Jagr.  Can you imagine him swinging behind the opposing net and dishing to 68, like he's done for Horton and Krejci.  Skate, Milan, skate!

Lucic-Krejci-Jagr

Marchand-Peverley-Segin

Pandolfo-Spooner-Horton

Paille-Campbell-Thornton

I still like Caron over Pandolfo, but unles Spooner plays on the PK for CJ then you may have to stick with Jay.

I also like the idea of Horton moving to Seguin's spot and Seguin moving inside for 3-5 games if we become certain Bergie is coming back.  I think this gives us more looks at the plethora of options available when everyone is healthy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Thanks for this post Fletcher. I'm not up to date on everything Bruins, due to my vow not to stray too much from my work.

Cheers Klaas, and believe me, spending more time on work and less time here is not a bad thing...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Klaas's comment:

If he starts banging more in the postseason.  I will be thrilled.  Personally, I dont think that Joe Thornton is a choke artist (what?)

I think that Joe bangs too hard during the regular season, and by the time the postseason comes, he's held together with stitches and bandages.  Obviously, his play drops off.

I do feel; however, that Lucic's goal/game pace is off this year because he's in front of the net less.  If you think thats an acceptable casualty to keeping him fresh for the playoffss...I think that is a great pt in theory.  However, he'll have to bang in the playoffs and score rebound goals for the sacrficie to be worthwhile.  Lets see if he does.  Good post.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Fat is nothing more than a term of endearment and i would dare say if i ever met Fat i would tell him what his nickname is on this board and how it came about, after we both had a huge laugh i would then tell him to keep playing like he has lately on a more consistent basis and everyone on this board would be much happier.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

In response to huscroft28's comment:

Lucic-Krejci-Jagr

Marchand-Peverley-Segin

Pandolfo-Spooner-Horton

Paille-Campbell-Thornton

I still like Caron over Pandolfo, but unles Spooner plays on the PK for CJ then you may have to stick with Jay.

I also like the idea of Horton moving to Seguin's spot and Seguin moving inside for 3-5 games if we become certain Bergie is coming back.  I think this gives us more looks at the plethora of options available when everyone is healthy.

That works.  Seguin and Peverley can play wing and center which helps.  I really hope your 3-5 games is enough for Patrice to be back.  Devastating loss if much longer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Who came up with "Fat"? They deserve to be shot.

Still complaining all of you? I don't give a f---!

Go watch baseball, if you don't like what you are seeing.

Sounds like someone has a weight problem...try P90x or maybe just put the fork down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

It seems to me that Milans game changed after the birth of his child. Then the family issues later. Less hesitant to go into the boards. Certainly hasn't gotten fired up enough to drop the gloves. Not that Lucic should fight, but once in awhile the NHL needs a reminder of who and what Milan Lucic is.

Let's hope come playoff time, Mr Milan Lucic, "fat" as some refer to, returns to his former self and plays Lucic/Bruins hockey

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

I think gord11 may have been here last year to straighten us out about concussions brain trauma etc. fighting bad etc. He's back again to be our moral compass.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

It's crazy to bash Lucic.  There are very few players in the league with his overall skill set.  Sure he has a few flaws but I could point them out pretty much for every Bruin.  

Every team in the NHL would love to have this guy. He would arguably be a Top 6 Forward on every team in the NHL.   I would hate to play against him.  DUMB nickname too.  There are times when he can blow right past defenders with his speed and strength carrying the puck.  Here is a reminder...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01D3utV-is 

Phat, yes.  Fat, no. 

The nickname is almost as dumb as Skating Clown especially with how well the 4th line has played with him on it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sigh.