Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate

No4,

I couldnt have wrote it better.

By the way.  Gretzky is better.  :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : I am impressed that you know that much about Ference in the Bruins locker room....Is that why they stripped him of his Rep position on the club after the Kelly fiasco which he engineered?  That's a leader to you ? You have obviously never played a team sport..and don't have a clue about what it means to go to war with your band of brothers every night.. Actually Paille has a big problem with what Ference said : “I think to who said it, I think that if that’s what they see that’s their opinion,” said Paille after practice today at Ristuccia Arena. “But for me, I felt that it was a clean hit. But it’s too bad. I know most of the guys in this room would disagree [with ones that thought it was an illegal hit]. Just looking at the replay over and over, I feel that I see the shoulder hitting the shoulder … I think I won’t focus too much on those guys and just get the support from everybody else.”
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

if paille thinks it was a clean hit, he just doesn't get it. maybe it's a language issue and someone should explain the term "blindside" to him. i wonder what would be said on this board if someone had clocked bergeron like that and one of the other guy's teamate said something like ference said.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I totally agree with you Shuperman that Andrew Ference should just have kept his mouth shut when talking to the reporters after the game.NAS you are wrong on this matter whether you think Ference was right in his comments don't really matter, he was not right in the way he handled the situation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

did Paille hit Richards?  a bit different.
    and Ference isn't Chara...he is a bottom of the order dman looking for press time to enhanc his image...

yes it was a blindside hit and he should have received a few games for it.

ference should have kept his mouth shut and looked Paille eye to eye and said it was a bad hit, then put it behind them and move on.  no need for media intervention. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]did Paille hit Richards?  a bit different. and Ference isn't Chara...he is a bottom of the order dman looking for press time to enhanc his image...   yes it was a blindside hit and he should have received a few games for it. ference should have kept his mouth shut and looked Paille eye to eye and said it was a bad hit, then put it behind them and move on.  no need for media intervention. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Huh?

What's this about Ference looking for media attention and image enhancement?  I don't understand where you guys get this stuff sometimes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NAS,

I don't like him.  End of story. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I like Ference, I just don't like what he said. I think Paille deserved some games, I don't think just because you see somebody with their head down gives you the right to blindside them. Yes. You need to keep your head-up, but just because you see somebody in that position doesn't always mean you have to mame them.  AF could've picked his words better & still be honest with his opinion. Your teammates are your family & you just don't say whatever is on your mind whether it's right or wrong- truth or a lie is NOT the issue. Somethings are better left unsaid. Or said face to face in a private conversation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I like Ference, I just don't like what he said. I think Paille deserved some games, I don't think just because you see somebody with their head down gives you the right to blindside them. Yes. You need to keep your head-up, but just because you see somebody in that position doesn't always mean you have to mame them.  AF could've picked his words better & still be honest with his opinion. Your teammates are your family & you just don't say whatever is on your mind whether it's right or wrong- truth or a lie is NOT the issue. Somethings are better left unsaid. Or said face to face in a private conversation.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    HNIC just did a segment on the Ference quote between periods and,let's just say,Ference didn't come off looking very good.Whether anyone admits it,this has obviously created a rift in the dressing room.I don't expect PC to make any knee-jerk trades as a result but it is something that will have to be dealt with quickly(in the dressing room).Paille still(rightly so)hasn't forgiven Ference for this and Ference ,for his part,is still acting like he's done nothing wrong.Something will have to give and PC was likely to move Paille anyway.I wonder if this may speed that up a little bit even though it wouldn't solve Ferences' yap.I expect both to move before the season ends.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Funny thing is, this is Pail gone for blindsiding.

Pail has gone from being the turning point in our PK, with shows of brilliance in his speed, leaving a little want in his stone hands.

To, the shelf, surpassed by Camp and March, he is even behind Thorn.

To get back in the game, comes from injury and he tries to change his game, from speed to physical as he gets in a couple of skirmishes and starts to throw his body around, then he lines up a beauty of a hit, comes in too high and is gone for 4 games. This may put him back in the press box if Hamill can get some getup in the next few games.

Then he gets traded.

life of Pail, can't play because he is not in Cj's style of physical stay back player, losing out to Thorn, plays physical and gets his first suspension ever, go figure.

Then in embarrasment is harassed about what some fellow TEAMMATE says about him in a practice.

Yeah this will go away quick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : Paille still(rightly so)hasn't forgiven Ference for this and Ference ,for his part,is still acting like he's done nothing wrong.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Have there been new quotes or interviews released?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

this is a non-story IMO.

Paille made a poor decision, and that hit should be otta the game. Ferrence is just saying what everyone already knows--get over it. Just the same as Crosby said of Cooke after the savard hit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : Have there been new quotes or interviews released?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I think  they said on HNIC that the follow-up segment was  done by Haggerty so check there first.There was an interview with both Ference and Paille.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]this is a non-story IMO. Paille made a poor decision, and that hit should be otta the game. Ferrence is just saying what everyone already knows--get over it. Just the same as Crosby said of Cooke after the savard hit.
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Billy Guerin part 2. Lets all move on. If not can the B's get a 7 th round draft pick for Danny.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"Obviously, I know Daniel feels bad about what happened," said Bergeron. "He didn't mean to. But at the same time, sometimes those hits can be avoided. I've said that before, and I'm not going to change my speech because it happened with someone on our side."

There.  It's Bergeron.  Now will you all shut up and stop making a huge deal out of something created by sensationalistic media fools?

http://www.csnne.com/02/06/11/Ference-No-issue-in-locker-room-over-com/landing_bruins.html?blockID=405222&feedID=3944

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]this is a non-story IMO. Paille made a poor decision, and that hit should be otta the game. Ferrence is just saying what everyone already knows--get over it. Just the same as Crosby said of Cooke after the savard hit.
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

Crosby kept his yap shut after the Cooke hit , just like AF should have done..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : Crosby kept his yap shut after the Cooke hit , just like AF should have done..

And what about Bergeron?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : Crosby kept his yap shut after the Cooke hit , just like AF should have done..

yawn,  get a grip. Looking back, Crosby's comments were more of concern for savard that criticism of cooke, but it doesn't even matter. It's a non-sequitur because "what crosby says" is not what every player needs to say. This is much to do about nothing, the bruins players aren't a bunch of fragile nancy's that get bent outta shape when someone tells them it may not be a good idea to cheap shot someone.

And exactly why do you admire blind support of a teammate regardless of cowardly his behavior? Is that something you like seeing in Bruins players, or in sports in general? This is the type of mentality that makes Steelers fans continue to support their rapist quartback--its shameful.

that hit doesn't belong in the game, and you know it, Paille knows it, and everyone else in the league knows it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]"Obviously, I know Daniel feels bad about what happened," said Bergeron. "He didn't mean to. But at the same time, sometimes those hits can be avoided. I've said that before, and I'm not going to change my speech because it happened with someone on our side." There.  It's Bergeron.  Now will you all shut up and stop making a huge deal out of something created by sensationalistic media fools? http://www.csnne.com/02/06/11/Ference-No-issue-in-locker-room-over-com/landing_bruins.html?blockID=405222&feedID=3944
    In response to whether he had any animosity towards Ference,Paille replied that he'd still stick up for Ference "ON the ice".That tells me(and the HNIC panel)that there's still some friction in the dressing room that isn't a figment of the hockey writers imagination.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : In response to whether he had any animosity towards Ference,Paille replied that he'd still stick up for Ference "ON the ice".That tells me(and the HNIC panel)that there's still some friction in the dressing room that isn't a figment of the hockey writers imagination.

Oh no!  Press Box Paille might be upset with Ference!  I wonder if he's also quietly angry at Bergeron for his comments.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : Oh no!  Press Box Paille might be upset with Ference!  I wonder if he's also quietly angry at Bergeron for his comments.
    I don't care where any animosity is coming from.It just doesn't help a dressing room.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : I don't care where any animosity is coming from.It just doesn't help a dressing room.

Dez, do you think they're all buddies?  I've played on plenty of hockey teams.  Some good, some bad.  I've never played on a team where everyonen was friends, or even friendly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : Dez, do you think they're all buddies?  I've played on plenty of hockey teams.  Some good, some bad.  I've never played on a team where everyonen was friends, or even friendly.
    Were any of those situations able to produce a championship(be honest)?I've played on some winning and losing teams and the winning teams had cohesiveness.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : Were any of those situations able to produce a championship(be honest)?I've played on some winning and losing teams and the winning teams had cohesiveness.

Two did, the rest didn't.  You can just imagine that I wasn't buddies with every guy on the team.  I had my friends, and I had players whom I got along with, and there were a few that would give and receive some pretty decent slashes in front of the net in practice.  There were plenty that I disliked and a few I just really hated.  I'm sure the feeling was often mutual.  It didn't matter.  We were there to play hockey.  On the ice, we wore the same jersey.

If Press Box Paille is upset with Andrew Ference...who cares?  What'll he do?  Frown from the Ninth Floor when Ference scores a goal?