Ference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: Ference

He played well considering he was injured, though his ice was down from 20 to 13mins last night.  He never took a 3rd period shift and he played the last shift of the 2nd, I never seen anything or heard anything other than upper body.

Bart will not fill his time, nor will McQ, means Seid Boyc and Kamp will all be over 20 mins against Pit and Chara maybe 30.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Ference:
    [QUOTE]He played well considering he was injured, though his ice was down from 20 to 13mins last night.  He never took a 3rd period shift and he played the last shift of the 2nd, I never seen anything or heard anything other than upper body. Bart will not fill his time, nor will McQ, means Seid Boyc and Kamp will all be over 20 mins against Pit and Chara maybe 30.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Big time supporter of Ference, goes unnoticed most of the time.  Dependable and a good student of the game.  Got to think something is going to give on the defense corps. Bye McQuaid, me thinks.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

For some reason some people seem to hate this guy. I don't get it. He's a solid middle tier D Man in this league.

Anyone wanna do the math for me regarding their record with and without him? I know they are better with him than without. I wonder by how much? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Last season everytime he was out of the lineup the B's falterd.Lets hope it's not the case this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Ference:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference : Big time supporter of Ference, goes unnoticed most of the time.  Dependable and a good student of the game.  Got to think something is going to give on the defense corps. Bye McQuaid, me thinks.  Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

When you say "bye McQuaid" do you mean healthy scratches ? Sent down ? or traded ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Partly it's his speed, partly it's his pure aggression. 

[QUOTE]Last season everytime he was out of the lineup the B's falterd.Lets hope it's not the case this year.
    Posted by john6345[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think people are living in the past with their dislike of Ference.  He is playing great this season, but in years past, he hasn't looked so good.   I hope he returns quickly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I dislike him and his overpaid contract.  You don't pay a 5-6th dman 2 million a year after half a season and based on his play prior to that.  Thats like giving a guy a raise who always calls in sick, leaves at lunch on fridays and goes on stress leave over the holidays.   

I am sorry.  I just never liked the guy, I think he is a liabilty on the ice.  I will admit he has played decent this year.  But he is injured.  Again.  Dependable. Um no

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDecision. Show TheDecision's posts

Watch him in his own zone along the boards...once you watch that and his amazing offensive abilities, you will see why most people hate Ference

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I really like his leadership jumping in for Recchi and Lucic this year, and I know he is +18, but...

He still gets beat on 1:1 battles pretty regularly, just recently both Havlat and Stafford have undressed him off of face-offs that directly ended up in the Bruins net.  IMO, he is in a dog-fight for the 6th d-spot when everyone is healthy:
    1) Chara
    2) Seidenberg
    3) Boychuk
    4) Stuart
    5) Kampfer
    6) Ference/McQuaid
    8) Bartkowski

I don't see a huge difference between Ference and McQuaid, and I like Stuart more.  Maybe he is a candidate to be moved at the deadline to acquire help for a playoff run.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Ference has been much better this year, but he is still small and not as as skilled as the Small Swede in Atlanta that Rammer pushes. Still, Ference is experienced and has been working hard with lots of passion this year. IMO Boychuck does not handle the puck as well and is constantly ramming the puck around the boards. That's what Carle did when Kamfer stole in and scored against Philly. Boychuck is big, but not fast, and is more unsettled than all of the rest on defense, so I would prefer to see him moved. We'll have a better read on Bartkowski after today, but, what will the pairings be??  Chara/Kamfer; Seids/Bartkowski; Boychuck/McQuaid

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

bogie,

you listing our d-pairings just shows how badly we need to pick up a top 4 dman.  Tell me how nice Regehr would look in the 2nd pairing with Seids. 
    Obviously a contract would have to go back.  And likely our 1st round pick. 
    Wheeler and our 1st rounder?  Regehr is a very good shut down guy that is mobile.  We could have either or (Chara/Regehr) match up against the top line (Sid/Malkin) (Richards/Briere) (Ovie/Semin) (Vinny/Stampkos).  

We need another Dman

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE] IMO, he is in a dog-fight for the 6th d-spot when everyone is healthy: 1) Chara 2) Seidenberg 3) Boychuk 4) Stuart 5) Kampfer 6) Ference/McQuaid 8) Bartkowski I don't see a huge difference between Ference and McQuaid, and I like Stuart more.  Maybe he is a candidate to be moved at the deadline to acquire help for a playoff run.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

In my view it's

Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, Stuart, Boychuk, Kampfer (will move up quickly with more experience) McQuaid, Bartkowski.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Let's see if the B's win today without him on the ice? Then, some will be quick to roast (or praise) the guy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If they win or lose today, it doesn't necessarily have to do with Ference being out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Yes they are, Ference healthy is 5X the player of Ference injured or recovering, there's almost no comparison except the name on the jersey.

[QUOTE]I think people are living in the past with their dislike of Ference.  He is playing great this season, but in years past, he hasn't looked so good.   I hope he returns quickly.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I like Boychuck a lot, but we're halfway through the season and Ference has out scored him, that's kinda a red flag for an offensive or two way defensemen don't ya think?

[QUOTE]I really like his leadership jumping in for Recchi and Lucic this year, and I know he is +18, but... He still gets beat on 1:1 battles pretty regularly, just recently both Havlat and Stafford have undressed him off of face-offs that directly ended up in the Bruins net.  IMO, he is in a dog-fight for the 6th d-spot when everyone is healthy: 1) Chara 2) Seidenberg 3) Boychuk 4) Stuart 5) Kampfer 6) Ference/McQuaid 8) Bartkowski I don't see a huge difference between Ference and McQuaid, and I like Stuart more.  Maybe he is a candidate to be moved at the deadline to acquire help for a playoff run.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

So, did we miss Ference today... yes, we did. With him on the ice, at least one of those defensive breakdowns doesn't happen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]So, did we miss Ference today... yes, we did. With him on the ice, at least one of those defensive breakdowns doesn't happen.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Based on what?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]So, did we miss Ference today... yes, we did. With him on the ice, at least one of those defensive breakdowns doesn't happen.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Stop it.  Ference is on the ice for plenty of defensive breakdowns.  Unless he was going to score a goal, probably doesn't change the outcome of today's game.