Ference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Ference

Right now, Andrew Ference is playing his best since joining the Bruins. His play has nothing to do with his mouth, his outspoken comments, or the validity of his comments. He has been known to speak out before engaging his brain. He's also been known to believe it is his way or no way.His perspective on Paul Kelly was wrong, but he doesn't think so. His comments on the danger of head shots is right, but his statement including Paille was wrong in many ways. Many reviews of the "hit" indicate that Paille hit the shoulder first, and the shoulder was injured. Paille's glove may have hit the shield or face, but it was a glancing hit unlike Cooke's slam to the back and side of Savard's head. Ference's referance to Paille, before any league statement, was wrong, and he still doesn't understand that. Ference is too dense to realize that Cherry was not critical of his comment on head shots, Cherry was critical of Ference publicly blaming his teammate. Good team players talk to each other, not the press who can easily distort any comment. Right now every writer refers to the hit as a "head" shot when in fact it was a shoulder shot

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Ference

i agree it was not a targeted head shot- but it was a cheap blind side hit. i have no problem with him speaking out against these hits, and admitting his teammate was to blame for this. i'll never have a problem with someone telling it like it is, instead of sticking to the party line... its refreshing. the b's are sick of seeing these shots and their results. ask savvy and bergy. so to that i say thank you andrew ference, for not being a hypocrite, and showing a little backbone. paille will not play another minute for the bruins... wait and see. he will be packaged in the next deal

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Ference

It was a head shot and Ference had every right to say what he said. There is no way Sawadas head doesn't snap back like that if there was no contact. Ference didn't call out Paille in any way. I don't see anything wrong with what he said and I agree with him 100%. I also don't believe he was necessarily talking about Paille. He was simply stating that the league needs to start taking head shots seriously and to stop being hypocritical.