Final Year of their current contracts.

Lucic RFA
    Seguin RFA
    Horton UFA
    Marchand RFA
    Ference UFA
    Rask RFA

Caron too, but not core.

These are 6 of the CORE players for the Bruins. If you go with the idea that guys on contract years are motivated, then this should be a good year, if it happens. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Final Year of their current contracts.

Crucial year Perry for Bruins prospects as I do think Horton and Ference could become possible cap casualties because the cap could come back down from $70M. Lucic, Marchand and Seguin combined could fetch somewhere around $13M or $14M. If Khudobin does a great job as a backup he is also a UFA. He might cost around $1.3 or $1.6M, maybe even more if Anton crushes it.

Where the new cap ends up in the new CBA will determine this seasons roster and the 2013-2014 roster. There could be more 1st, 2nd and 3rd year NHL players on the roster because of cap casualties than most Bruins fans will be able to handle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Final Year of their current contracts.:
    [QUOTE]Crucial year Perry for Bruins prospects as I do think Horton and Ference could become possible cap casualties because the cap could come back down from $70M. Lucic, Marchand and Seguin combined could fetch somewhere around $13M or $14M. If Khudobin does a great job as a backup he is also a UFA. He might cost around $1.3 or $1.6M, maybe even more if Anton crushes it. Where the new cap ends up in the new CBA will determine this seasons roster and the 2013-2014 roster. There could be more 1st, 2nd and 3rd year NHL players on the roster because of cap casualties than most Bruins fans will be able to handle.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    San, I'm thinking it'll be closer to 16 unfortunately. Seguin-6.5  Lucic-5.5  Marchand 4.5

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Final Year of their current contracts.:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Final Year of their current contracts. : San, I'm thinking it'll be closer to 16 unfortunately. Seguin-6.5  Lucic-5.5  Marchand 4.5 Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I went low but if Lucic and Marchand stay at the same goal pace as there last two then I'm thinking $14M. However of course I would love to see Marchand bust out 27 goals and Lucic put 35 goals in then get raises.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

Maybe Brain Burke if he isn't fired will make an over the top offer and we have another gift that keeps on giving like phil the thrill Sealed.

It might actualy be better for the bruins long term if these players don't show much improovment this season as dumb as that sounds. If thats the case the price it will cost them on the next deal won't be as expensive. I would guess if it comes down to it the bruins will let Horton and Ference walk that would seem to be the most logical thing to do. Good point by perry sound motivation shouldn't be an issue for all those guys hungry for the next pay day maybe lucic will go back to being a tank on skates again like his first 2 seasons.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Final Year of their current contracts.:[QUOTE]It might actualy be better for the bruins long term if these players don't show much improovment this season as dumb as that sounds. If thats the case the price it will cost them on the next deal won't be as expensive. Posted by bosbruins2011cup[/QUOTE]

Sealed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]It might actualy be better for the bruins long term if these players don't show much improovment this season as dumb as that sounds.
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup[/QUOTE]

No matter the cost, you never want the players to fail to improve.

I expect this team to contend for the Cup next season.  I'd rather an exciting year than a down one under the umbrella of contract status.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Final Year of their current contracts. : No matter the cost, you never want the players to fail to improve. I expect this team to contend for the Cup next season.  I'd rather an exciting year than a down one under the umbrella of contract status.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I am not hopping they don't have good seasons or better than any they ever had because obv. I wana see the bruins do well this season. Just throwing out the idea they might benefit long term if the players don't have monster career years. I am sure no matter what the price on seguin, lucic, and marchand is going to be a considerable price hike anyways.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Horton and DK would be my trade bait.  AF will be shown the door likely.  Clear those 3 contracts off the books and it creates some wiggle room.  Along with TT who I still think gets dealt to a cap starved team like the Yotes. 
    How about TT, DK, Horton for Yandle?  Thats my crazy offer for the day. I'm bored....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Horton and DK would be my trade bait.  AF will be shown the door likely.  Clear those 3 contracts off the books and it creates some wiggle room.  Along with TT who I still think gets dealt to a cap starved team like the Yotes.  How about TT, DK, Horton for Yandle?  Thats my crazy offer for the day. I'm bored....
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I'd be shocked if any team takes on the Thomas contract for the purpose of reaching the salary floor.  The idea has been beat to death since the draft, and yet nothing has happened with it.

Ference will be moved or let go for a cheaper option is my guess.  Krejci seems here to stay unless the B's really tank in the goal scoring department out of the gate.

Horton's future is solely determined by his ability to take a hit and not go black.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

With the way contracts have been going I'd say 16 is optimistic

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Final Year of their current contracts. : I'd be shocked if any team takes on the Thomas contract for the purpose of reaching the salary floor.  The idea has been beat to death since the draft, and yet nothing has happened with it. Ference will be moved or let go for a cheaper option is my guess.  Krejci seems here to stay unless the B's really tank in the goal scoring department out of the gate. Horton's future is solely determined by his ability to take a hit and not go black.

TT- hasnt been traded bc the new CBA hasnt been reached yet.  Stay tuned.
    AF- gone at seasons end.
    DK is standing in the way of our true #1 center(Seguin).  I like depth down the middle and we have it.  DK can net us a decent return.  I personally don't like him.  Someone will say Seguin is better off at wing.  I don't agree.  The center position is more important...Ovi is a great winger and has played there his entire life.  I personally would rather a center with the same skill set. 
    Horton- agreed.  once he shows this he would be offered up. 

Regardless we will be shedding 2 of the aforementioned players...hopefully 3 of 4

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Final Year of their current contracts. : TT- hasnt been traded bc the new CBA hasnt been reached yet.  Stay tuned. AF- gone at seasons end. DK is standing in the way of our true #1 center(Seguin).  I like depth down the middle and we have it.  DK can net us a decent return.  I personally don't like him.  Someone will say Seguin is better off at wing.  I don't agree.  The center position is more important...Ovi is a great winger and has played there his entire life.  I personally would rather a center with the same skill set.  Horton- agreed.  once he shows this he would be offered up.  Regardless we will be shedding 2 of the aforementioned players...hopefully 3 of 4
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I am not much of a fan of DK wich is madening to me when PC said he won't deal him maybe its just PC playing poker and not wanting to offend his player he currently has. If the bruins could trade DK for Bobby Ryan thats a no brainer as far as I am concerned. Seguin should be the number one center.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Final Year of their current contracts. : I am not much of a fan of DK wich is madening to me when PC said he won't deal him maybe its just PC playing poker and not wanting to offend his player he currently has. If the bruins could trade DK for Bobby Ryan thats a no brainer as far as I am concerned. Seguin should be the number one center.
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup[/QUOTE]

No rush to move him to the number 1 center position when Krejci and Bergeron are both on the team. He's best fit on the wing with this current roster. Krejci will probably be moved before his NTC comes into effect, and then Seguin will become the number one. He's only 20 though, no need to rush him into the position even if he is capable, especially on a team with a lot of depth at the center position.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Final Year of their current contracts. : No rush to move him to the number 1 center position when Krejci and Bergeron are both on the team. He's best fit on the wing with this current roster. Krejci will probably be moved before his NTC comes into effect, and then Seguin will become the number one. He's only 20 though, no need to rush him into the position even if he is capable, especially on a team with a lot of depth at the center position.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

I don't agree that having Seguin playing his natural position, in his 3rd year, would be rushing him.
    If Chiarelli could get Ryan for Krejci, it would make sense to moke DK now.
    If they wait until later to move him, there may not be anyone as good as Ryan, available.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Final Year of their current contracts. : I don't agree that having Seguin playing his natural position, in his 3rd year, would be rushing him. If Chiarelli could get Ryan for Krejci, it would make sense to moke DK now. If they wait until later to move him, there may not be anyone as good as Ryan, available.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

He can't.

Unless you're talking about Ryan Shannon?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think he means Buddy Ryan. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Final Year of their current contracts. : I don't agree that having Seguin playing his natural position, in his 3rd year, would be rushing him. If Chiarelli could get Ryan for Krejci, it would make sense to moke DK now. If they wait until later to move him, there may not be anyone as good as Ryan, available.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

Ok, but Chiarelli stated that Krejci is not being traded. So Krejci will be on the team this fall along with Bergeron, Peverley, and Kelly, so more than likely Seguin will be on the wing. Once/if Krejci is traded it would make sense for Seguin to take over his center role. It's not so much that they would be rushing him, but that there's no need for him to make the transition quite yet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Final : Montreal Impact 1   Boston Revolunun 0

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Final Year of their current contracts. : He can't. Unless you're talking about Ryan Shannon?

You are correct (not about Ryan Shannon). It would have been better, if I had said...A package, including Krejci, for Bobbo Ryan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I want to see Seguin competitive in faceoffs before annointing him our #1... maybe a small part of the game, but definitely a crucial one...especially for a puck possession team...last year TS got spanked repeatedly at the dot

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]I want to see Seguin competitive in faceoffs before annointing him our #1... maybe a small part of the game, but definitely a crucial one...especially for a puck possession team...last year TS got spanked repeatedly at the dot
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

........and improve his defensive game. If no improvement in this area he will be overmatched against top line centers in his own end.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Based on their ages Seguin, Lucic and Marchand are all very likely to have career years. I think they will take it to the bank next summer.

I think Krejci may be dealt at some point, but not until this season is over unless there is a trade that really makes sense. His no-trade kicks in after this year. Horton has a no-trade.

Seguin needs to learn to play center and it's a lot more than faceoffs. It is the overall mental demands of the position.  Even a guy like Grezky, who was setting records at 20 and 21, didn't really start to become a more complete player able to win the cup until he was 22. Same with more recent young starts like Crosby and Toews. I think it might be just a little premature to pin Stanley Cup hopes on Tyler. I think he'll score a lot this season, but I also think he might get overwhelmed in a head-to-head post-season match up with a Crosby or Stamkos.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]With the way contracts have been going I'd say 16 is optimistic
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    That's how I'm seeing it also.