Fire Julien! Start Rask! PANIC EVERYONE!! PANIC!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Fire Julien! Start Rask! PANIC EVERYONE!! PANIC!!

Been busy and away from the boards over the week (and let's face it: nothing was happening anyway), but I knew exactly what to expect from the headlines on the main page.

People ready to push the panic button, remember...it's just one game.  The Bruins are 8-1 in their last 9. Now is not the time to freak out--even you Bruins "fans" who seem to like it better when your team loses.

Tampa Bay is going to be a battle. They're very similar to Montreal, except they have a much better core of scoring forwards. The Bruins can win this series, but will need their A game (and perhaps Bergeron, too) to win it. They didn't have either last night, and Tampa will win the series, perhaps in punishing fashion, if it continues.

But one game doesn't kill the Bruins chances. This isn't the NCAA.

You know it's an odd world when the Habs fan is the sensible voice of reason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Fire Julien! Start Rask! PANIC EVERYONE!! PANIC!!

For me, it's not about panic, but it is about disappointment.  Thomas played lazy.  Julien's line changes were impossibly bad.  The defense was flat footed.  The powerplay is still abysmal. 

It was an awful game and it s-u-c-k-e-d to watch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Fire Julien! Start Rask! PANIC EVERYONE!! PANIC!!:
    [QUOTE]Been busy and away from the boards over the week (and let's face it: nothing was happening anyway), but I knew exactly what to expect from the headlines on the main page. People ready to push the panic button, remember...it's just one game.  The Bruins are 8-1 in their last 9. Now is not the time to freak out--even you Bruins "fans" who seem to like it better when your team loses. Tampa Bay is going to be a battle. They're very similar to Montreal, except they have a much better core of scoring forwards. The Bruins can win this series, but will need their A game (and perhaps Bergeron, too) to win it. They didn't have either last night, and Tampa will win the series, perhaps in punishing fashion, if it continues. But one game doesn't kill the Bruins chances. This isn't the NCAA. You know it's an odd world when the Habs fan is the sensible voice of reason.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]
    Kennedy, you know as well as anyone that every Bruins loss means the end is near. Forget the team's performance in the 1st two rounds because the team is back on another "losing streak". It's obviously now time to fire CJ and blow this team up(these losers can't even win 16 in a row).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Julien! Start Rask! PANIC EVERYONE!! PANIC!!:
    [QUOTE]For me, it's not about panic, but it is about disappointment.  Thomas played lazy.  Julien's line changes were impossibly bad.  The defense was flat footed.  The powerplay is still abysmal.  It was an awful game and it s-u-c-k-e-d to watch.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I agree with you the question is why play like that,the same whey they did the first to games against Montreal.Why put out the forth line after Seguin scores,why don't we see Seguin again for close to 15 min,why does Rechi have the most ice time.Look we were lucky to get by Montreal,Philly didn't have a goalie,plus they were really hurting,no Pronger,Carter.Tampa is healthy and playing well,if Boston is going to beat them they are going to have to play almost perfect hockey,that's all i'm saying not being negative or panicking,But i don't have my head in a cloud like some people on here 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I've been pumping that panic button for hours. D*mn thing's broken now.
    Time to re-group and start bustin' skulls.
    Seeing the Bolts in Habs uniforms might help too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I saw the Bruins give up 3 bad goals IMO. 

If not for that it would have been a different game last night.

For losses in the playoffs, I like last night's loss a TON better than the first 2 habs losses that still sting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

This loss is easy to take actually. The reason? We all know they can play better. They made life very easy for Rollie! The KHL line was invisible last night except when it came time to show frustration.

The B's defense was horrible in their own end. TT wasn't the reason they lost. I think he made up for the Clark goal; but he can better. In the Philly series he was finding those pucks in front of him like TB's first goal.

Let's relax. Nobody expected another sweep. I said 6 games; so that means the B's will lose another one at some point. No Panic for me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Right up to the 3 goal collective brain cramp, I thought the B's looked pretty good.  That 1 1/2 minute stretch took all the jump out of their legs, and they didn't recover.  You can't expect to spot a team 3 goals in the final four and come back from it.  Tampa is a good team.
    The up side is that if Tampa expects it to be this easy going forward they are in for a huge surprise.  If any over-confidence creeps in to their game the B's will destroy them. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If you take away Ryder and Ference letting Clarke walk in unheeded, Kaberle's gaffe, Siedenberg's kick save right to the stick of Bergenheim I actually thought it was a good game by most of the Bruins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flameurass. Show Flameurass's posts

Thanks Kennedy for this absolutely necessary post. The level of panic here after one off game is pathetic.

B's are 8-2 in their last 10 with a lot of hockey left to play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

b's were down 2 zip to the habs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

You're okay, Kennedy. For a Habs fan, you're actually not half bad. I even like your posts. Are you sure you're a Habs fan? LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Agree with BigChara.

Kennedy your one of the very few Habs fans that posts here that I respect......and has some hockey sense.  Good post.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

well well well .... thanks Kennedy. 
    I can't really comment on the game I haven't watched it yet. Yes freakin bugger I had an event last night.
    The only positive I read was Seguin.
    If there was a game I thought the Bruins would lose was game1 and it's not because Bergy was out. Even if he was in I feel the result would have been the same. 
    While both teams had a long layover , the skating team (Tampa) easier to get back into a pace.  The Bruins , bigger and play a more grinding game takes longer to get their game rolling.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

the bruins weren't terrible last night, they were terrible for 85 seconds

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

On my comment above I was wrong . The Bruins came out really strong the first 12minutes of the game and then 3 mistakes , 3 goals. That's that the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

The most important "intangible" is starting on the road.  For whatever reason, the B's are just an average home team....a powerhouse on the road.  Been that way for almost 2 years now.  Even a split, gives the visitors something to feel really good about going home.
    Originally, everyone thought the choice would be "hammer" in regular season shootouts.  That quickly changed, and hockey is a monkey see...monkey do business.
    Obviously, everyone wants the 7th game, but I wonder if, moving forward, the home teams don't lobby the league for more say in the schedule from game 1 to 6.
    Would add another dimension of drama to the lead in.

Tampa is a much better team than Montreal.  The Bruins really need this next one.