First to be fired?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

First to be fired?

With some teams struggling out of the gate there is bound to be discussion about which coach will get the axe first. Feel free to add to the list if they are not already on it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: First to be fired?

Wilson

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

How do you fire your own brother :) I think McLean gets the early boot if NJ doesn't start winning..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

I don't think Julien will be fired, simply because of the Jacobs factor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: First to be fired?:
    [QUOTE]I don't think Julien will be fired, simply because of the Jacobs factor.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer[/QUOTE]

They did it to Dave Lewis.  No "Jacobs Factor" there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Re: First to be fired?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: First to be fired? : They did it to Dave Lewis.  No "Jacobs Factor" there.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Good, maybe there's hope.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Bruins are in 7th place in the east with at least two games in hand on all other top 8 teams. 3 games against most, and 4 against Pittsburg. They have the 8th best winning percentage in the NHL, 4th best in the East.

While they have dropped to 13th in Goals-per-game in the NHL, they are second in Goals Against. 

All this without 2 players from last year's top line. 

Yet some of you still think the coach should be fired?

Are you serious?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Those who think Julien will be fired raise your hand. By 'Jacobs factoe" I asume you mean his contract. How much did they extend him?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I voted CJ, just because thats likely the only vote he will get lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Too early to say.  Of the guys on the list, Brent Sutter, CJ, and Wilson are the most likely to get fired if their teams don't show something, but I doubt they will be.  Really, the question is which of these guys is actually vulnerable. 

Sutter is doing what he does, and what his brother would probably want done.  Wilson and Burke are philosophically in tune, so the Loafs would have to quit on the coach before Burke fired him, and even then he might ship a few guys to Edmonton or something first just to send a message.  CJ can always point to last year and say "hey, we've been crushed by injuries, stymied on the scoresheet, and I still got us into the playoffs.  I've now won more rounds in the last two years than the team had won in the previous decade +."  He's also working three rookies into key roles.  I don't think any of these three is really in trouble despite their teams' struggles (and I'd rather be a Bruin fan than try to find hope with the Lames or the Loafs).

Edmonton would look incredibly stupid for giving Pat Quinn the bum's rush only to fire Renney right away.  Ruff is probably safe for life in Buffalo, and they're in the middle of a personnel turnover.  Gordon can't make DiPietro stop pucks, and Snow has to know the Isles are a project.  Gordon's good with young teams.  In the expectations vs. results game, these three are probably safe.  That leaves De Boer, MacLean, and Other.

MacLean is probably going to get a long honeymoon - he's a Devils lifer, and he likely earned points by benching Kovy.  That leaves De Boer on Chowdah's list, and he might be the only one who's vulnerable.  He wasn't hired by Tallon which means he might take a hit even if the team shouldn't expect to be significantly better this year.  When I look at the standings for "others", I don't think there's a team there that is genuinely underperforming.  San Jose was, but they're back on track.  Colorado's not as good as they were last year, but Anderson's been out.  So...I don't see the pink slips flying.  I'd guess De Boer's the most vulnerable though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...of course, Chicago's not playing like defending champions, but I doubt Quenville's in danger.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: First to be fired?:[QUOTE]Wilson
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

But is it really Wilson's fault ? As mentioned Ron is really working with AHL players. Wilson doesn't really have allot of talent to begin with.

MacLean on the other hand has a ton of talent with higher expectations because the owner thought that Kovalchuk would put fannies in the seats. John is screaming at the Devils during a timeout recently but his players shrugged it off.

The coaching move for New Jersey is like the Steve Kasper move inexperience by a coach with a GM who didn't want to bring in a Coach that had a stronger personality. Robinson and Julien have strong personalities but didn't last long in NJ so the in house former player isn't cutting it either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I think Marc Crawford - Dallas just isn't playing for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Sutter should be the first fired. That won't happen though unless they fire the GM as well. Ron Wilson just might be the first to go

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Wait...can I say Brad Childress?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well looks like it was Gordon.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=341341

Not a huge shock.