Fluto Nails It!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Fluto Nails It!

"Seguin’s playoff growth confirms that the Bruins were correct in developing him slowly. Seguin was too skilled to return to juniors. But because of his age, he was not eligible to play in the AHL, which probably would have been his best training ground. Seguin needed to practice alongside and play against men.

Tonight, he will continue to reap the rewards of his bosses’ patience, as he makes his third straight playoff appearance."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Fluto Nails It!

exactly WHO do you send your checking line out to equalize? the LKH line, bergy's line, or the emerging stars' line? quite the cunnundrum, eh? this team will wear down the bolts, not to mention their goalie's confidence has to be shaken after giving up 6 in two periods of play, and getting yanked.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

If Bergy didn't go down, not too sure there would have been any "playoff growth" this time around. Glad to see he got his shot and made good on it. Hope it continues tonight.....and beyond.

And ADK, I've said the same thing as well; one of the key factors for the Bruins success is to use their size to pummel the snot out of the Bolts (wisely of course).

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

In Response to Re: Fluto Nails It!:
    [QUOTE]So, really, as Savard went down as a blessing in disguise to add multiple players for his one contract (Sorry, Savy), Bergeron's injury opened up a window we otherwise may not have seen in the postseason this year. Hey, maybe the hockey gods are looking out for us in a weird sort of way?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

essentially saying, "Coach, we will continue to take out forwards until you play the kid...."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]So, really, as Savard went down as a blessing in disguise to add multiple players for his one contract (Sorry, Savy), Bergeron's injury opened up a window we otherwise may not have seen in the postseason this year. Hey, maybe the hockey gods are looking out for us in a weird sort of way?

I think this years injuries/adversity highlights what makes this such a special run for the B's, and shows just how deep they are as a hockey club. Another "ada boy" to Bruins mgt. for staying proactive (trades). 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flameurass. Show Flameurass's posts

I saw an out-of-state newspaper headline yesterday that read "Seguin's 2 goals, 2 assist lift Bruins. Boston wins high-scoring affair to even East finals."

Imagine before the first game of the season you got a little glimpse into the future but only got to see that headline. Seriously how pumped would you be?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I thought they handled it all wrong. I said if he isnt playing in the regular season then they should have sent him to juniors. Hard to argue that now, but I still stand by it, but instead of saying Claude looks foolish here, he should have played him all along, give the kid credit for stepping up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Good company boy that Fluto....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]I thought they handled it all wrong. I said if he isnt playing in the regular season then they should have sent him to juniors. Hard to argue that now, but I still stand by it, but instead of saying Claude looks foolish here, he should have played him all along, give the kid credit for stepping up.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Comes down to two questions, neither of which can be answered factually:

1) Would Seguin have accomplished what he did in games 1 and 2 if he wasn't handled the way he was?

2) Would you trade the impact Seguin had in games 1 and 2 for a greater impact during the regular season? (To bias you, let me ask you to consider that the Bruins won their division and made the playoffs easily)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]exactly WHO do you send your checking line out to equalize? the LKH line, bergy's line, or the emerging stars' line? quite the cunnundrum, eh? this team will wear down the bolts, not to mention their goalie's confidence has to be shaken after giving up 6 in two periods of play, and getting yanked.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I can almost guarantee you. Rollie's confidence is definitely intact! You do realize this guy has never lost an elimation game in his entire career; right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Fluto can be counted on to state the obvious. Tonight, if Claude wants to win, he could start Paille/Campbell/Peverly. Speed, smarts, and more speed to counter whoever Tampa starts. The D is now our major concern. Would love to see Kamfer join the speedy guys, and would have a hard choice on sitting either Boychuck who has some good skills, but some poor decisions; or Kaberle, who has looked good carrying the puck on the PP, but not so good when forced to play strong defense. Chara, Seids, Ference, and McQuaid are all more responsible. Therefore, let the existing D continue, unless we see some obvious faux pas.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fluto Nails It! : I can almost guarantee you. Rollie's confidence is definitely intact! You do realize this guy has never lost an elimation game in his entire career; right?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

He also hasn't played many either aside from that impossible EDM cup run a few years back....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckstopa. Show puckstopa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fluto Nails It! : I can almost guarantee you. Rollie's confidence is definitely intact! You do realize this guy has never lost an elimation game in his entire career; right?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

So this means in his 14 year NHL career he must have 14 Stanley Cups and also be heading to Hall of Fame and retired jersey with the 6 teams he played for not including his often trips to the AHL. Dwayne is an average goalie who gets hot not a 1-Time soon to be 2-Time Vezina Winner like our goalie.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

nitemare...i do realize that, so tell me, he had to of won like 6 or 8 cups by now!!! right? he is like 42 years old!! i mean with a LIFETIME stat like that, that's surely the case right? here's a stat for you... tim thomas has never lost a stanley cup final game! take that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fluto Nails It! : So this means in his 14 year NHL career he must have 14 Stanley Cups and also be heading to Hall of Fame and retired jersey with the 6 teams he played for not including his often trips to the AHL. Dwayne is an average goalie who gets hot not a 1-Time soon to be 2-Time Vezina Winner like our goalie.
    Posted by puckstopa[/QUOTE]

To be fair to Nightmare he is correct. It is just that Roloson's teams rarely are in a position to be in an elimination game let alone a meaningful one. Whether that reflects on Dwayne or not is an entire other issue unto itself....

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fluto Nails It! : I think Edmonton might have won if he hadn't gotten hurt. Markanen played well, but maybe Roloson would have played better.

Remember when Conklin had to play a few minutes? He very nearly scored on himself trying to clear a shoot in....my god was that a goalie gongshow. No wonder carolina won...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The only way Julien found out that Seguin finally got it was an injury which forced Claude to play the kid otherwise Bruins fans wouldn't have found out that Tyler was ready to contribute.

Just glad Claude couldn't let his stubbornness get in the way of this one. Julien's love affair with mucker grinders like Thornton and Whitfield has got to stop.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]The only way Julien found out that Seguin finally got it was an injury which forced Claude to play the kid otherwise Bruins fans wouldn't have found out that Tyler was ready to contribute. Just glad Claude couldn't let his stubbornness get in the way of this one. Julien's love affair with mucker grinders like Thornton and Whitfield has got to stop.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I agree, to label it a stroke of genius in developing a rookie is laying it on a bit thick. CJ was forced to play Seguin as a result of injury and unexpectedly to him the kid rose to the occasion and has been carrying the B's offense ever since. I call it incidental..... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

blah blah blah
    confirms nothing maybe he would have had 5g and 5A.

No way to refute it now.

Segs keep that 3p per game average going.

Stay thirsty my friends.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

If anything I think Seguin just solidified a good roster spot for next year if he keeps up the work ethic. Love it....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

He wasn't exactly lighting the blue touchpaper towards the end of the regular season so maybe a rest is just what he needed. He watched a few from the stands and was probably itching to get his shot.

It's unfortunate that Bergy went down but one player's misfortune is another's opportunity. Compare it to last year when DK went down and they had to go with Whitfield. Seguin really was a great kid to have in reserve.

I really got the feeling in the last game he had arrived big time. A lot of that is on the kid himself but you've got to give credit to the way he's been handled. He could have been playing all tired and beat up from the long slog of the 90+ games to get to this point.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Here's an exercise for all the Claude-bashing Seguinistas :

Imagine the Bruins are precisely where they are right now - heading into Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals with 9 wins and only 4 losses (a .692 winning percentage).

But instead of getting the second pick in the draft lottery they got the fourth pick.  Seguin is on the Islanders.  The only difference in the line-up is instead of Tyler Seguin on the third line, it's Miroslav Satan.

Is Claude Julien still a terrible coach?

If your answer is still yes, then you either have an unwarranted personal vendetta against Julien - or an unhealthy attraction to a 19 year old hockey player.

You may not like the defensive style he employs.  You may not agree with line combinations, time out calls (or lack thereof), or how he splits his goalie starts... but there is no basis whatsoever to say he is a terrible coach.  There just isn't.

The Bruins are THREE wins away from the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time in 19 YEARS!!  You can disagree with his decisions but it does not make him a bad coach.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]exactly WHO do you send your checking line out to equalize? the LKH line, bergy's line, or the emerging stars' line? quite the cunnundrum, eh? this team will wear down the bolts, not to mention their goalie's confidence has to be shaken after giving up 6 in two periods of play, and getting yanked.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I agree... but our defense has not been as strong and the Bruins need to worry about the counterattack from a very deep Lightning squad. These teams are very even in my book and will come down to who makes the mistakes and who can take advantage.