Flyers - DOA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Flyers - DOA

Lately, many in the media have gone on about how the 'Flyers are so great', 'hard to beat', etc.  Well, I think their weeknesses were exposed over the past few days - apparently Boucher and Leighton are not the answer and their 0 -7 loss against the Rangers just added to their four-game losing streak. 

My point is this that I'm not at all worried about the Bruins facing the Flyers in the playoffs this year.  Sure Philly has some great players, but it's quite apparent that they do not have consistent defence - something the Bruins have in their favour.  I'm not really bothered by who finishes at first seed, I just believe the Flyers have a lot of holes that can be exploited by the Bruins if we're to face them in the playoffs.

Oh, I wanted to add the reaction from their fans - quite humourous from my perspective....

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/Rangers_throttle_Flyers_7-0.html#comments

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Flyers - DOA

garden,

I was gonna mention them not playing well.  I truly believe the East is wide open.  Each team has issues.  Washington is getting hot with its new pickups. 

I don't think you can really predict one series 100 percent.  Its gonna be a fun playoff to watch.  Cant wait

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

shuperman, I absolutely agree with you. There's so much parity in the East now, and that it is exciting.  Like you mentioned, the Caps are getting hot, and what's with the Devils?  Even the Isles are trying to be agressive......you gotta love hockey...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Just to let you know that it is not Leighton it is Bobrowsky.  I think it is more that in the playoffs your best players have to be your best players.  Last year Pronger was dominent and Chara was not.  Brière was hot and we had no one scoring like him on our side.  On paper i don't think we need to fear the Flyers but the game is not played on paper!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Given the result of the last matchup of the Flyers and Bruins in the playoffs- not even a year ago-it's flat out silly for any Bruins' fan to be mouthing off about the Flyers because they hit a rough patch right now.

#1 team in the East is DOA. You're kidding, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

In Response to Re: Flyers - DOA:
    [QUOTE]Given the result of the last matchup of the Flyers and Bruins in the playoffs- not even a year ago-it's flat out silly for any Bruins' fan to be mouthing off about the Flyers because they hit a rough patch right now. #1 team in the East is DOA. You're kidding, right?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Well, history has it's priviledges.  Washinton was the first seed last year and was knocked out of the playoffs by the lowly eigth-seeded Montreal Canadiens.  First seed never guarentees anything.  So you never know......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I don't write off any team until they are eliminated from the playoffs.  And certainly not on March 7.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Any team with Chris Pronger on it is a concern in the playoffs.  Nonetheless it is pleasant to see the Flyers fall from grace.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

do not underestimate this team just beacuse they lost a couple of games. Sheer lunacy...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Flyers goaltending is a joke I give the Bruins much more than 50/50 chance if they were to meet in the playoffs. Philly is the one who needs to be weary of teams in the bottom seeding like the Rangers, Canes, Habs and Sabres who could upset the Flyers with much better defense and goaltending.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Flyers will lose in the 1st round ...good bye they'll be watching Zdeno holding the Cup 8ft in the air on TV

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

...also mike richards got beat up for an attempted knee on knee. Nice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]garden, I was gonna mention them not playing well.  I truly believe the East is wide open.  Each team has issues.  Washington is getting hot with its new pickups.  I don't think you can really predict one series 100 percent.  Its gonna be a fun playoff to watch.  Cant wait
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Right on Shuperman!

I'm thrilled to see Philly struggle, especially when their struggles happened right AFTER the trade deadline!!!!  I'm not counting these guys out, but they are beatable and the B's matched up well against them even when PHI was playing well.

Things are starting to heat up at the top of the standings- and it's also been great watching the bottom of the standings and waiting for the Leafs collapse!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]...also mike richards got beat up for an attempted knee on knee. Nice.
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

Got a link to that? The beating, I mean. I can send it DK...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Oops. Send it to Krejci...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

a
    [QUOTE]...also mike richards got beat up for an attempted knee on knee. Nice.
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

Speaking of a beat down -- When is someone going to smoke the cowardly caveman into oblivion. At the final buzzer last week as the winning team prepard to celebrate -- mega-punk Hartnell just barely on screen saw fit to crosscheck someone across the chest then bolted to the locker room. I have never once seen him drop the gloves and square off. He does the Subban shuffle and usually jumps an unsuspecting opponent. Can't wait for the day when there's an after whistle scrum and he realizes he's face to face with Orr, Parros, Chara, Etc.