Flyers interested in Ryder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Flyers interested in Ryder

Can't picture Ryder leaving CJ's nest, but the rumor is out there according to Frank Seravalli on philly.com:

While you could go up and down the free agent lists and throw out possibilities, here’s one name to remember: Michael Ryder.

Ryder, who just captured the Stanley Cup with the Bruins, might be a great fit for the Flyers. He is supposedly a player that has piqued the interest of Holmgren for a few years. Ryder will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

Ryder, 31, is coming off a three-year deal with Boston which paid him $12 million. He was overpaid for his production. Boston signed him from Montreal thinking he would build on the 58 point season he posted in 2006-07. His totals in Boston? 53 points in 2008-09, 33 points in 82 games in 2009-10, and 41 points in 2010-11.

Ryder came alive in the playoffs, though, for Boston. He collected 17 points in 25 playoff games compared to 41 in 79 regular season contests.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/frequentflyers/Flyers-are-not-done-yet.html#ixzz1QEDH4GOD
    Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Re: Flyers interested in Ryder

If that's true he will get an offer on July 1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Krejci stays end of story and bruin fan thinking different is a complete moron

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

I say let him walk and sign someone with more finish and grit

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeBruinsFan. Show LeBruinsFan's posts

I'm of two minds on Ryder.

He's helpful in the post season and very sporadic in the reg. season.

Maybe we just pick him up at the deadline.

Glad he won a cup though, his OT goal that tied the Habs series was the energy the B's needed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Apparantley this is interest in New York as well.
    Throw us a 2nd round pick for negotiating rights Paul, and we'll think about it.

As far a Liles goes..he sucks.
    Huge overpayment for a one year rental.

Good luck burke..you're gonna need it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd let him sign elsewhere, guessing come about trade deadline time they will be so fustrated with regualar season Mike they'd be looking to ship him out for a 4th round pick..If he fits at that time, you make them an offer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

In Response to Re: Flyers interested in Ryder:
    [QUOTE]I'm of two minds on Ryder. He's helpful in the post season and very sporadic in the reg. season. Maybe we just pick him up at the deadline. Glad he won a cup though, his OT goal that tied the Habs series was the energy the B's needed.
    Posted by LeBruinsFan[/QUOTE]
    And the awesome ball-hockey save

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

18G-Ryder divided by 244-Boston goals times 59.4M-salary cap

equals 4.38M

Ryder was a steal with a bonus of 8G in playoffs which was even more spectacular.

8/81*59.4=5.87M a super huge bargain.

Numbers sure can be spun.

Prefer if he leaves Bos he heads west, he has been a habnot killer. don't want the same said about the B's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Flyers interested in Ryder:
    [QUOTE]Can't picture Ryder leaving CJ's nest, but the rumor is out there according to Frank Seravalli on philly.com: While you could go up and down the free agent lists and throw out possibilities, here’s one name to remember: Michael Ryder . Ryder, who just captured the Stanley Cup with the Bruins, might be a great fit for the Flyers. He is supposedly a player that has piqued the interest of Holmgren for a few years. Ryder will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. Ryder, 31, is coming off a three-year deal with Boston which paid him $12 million. He was overpaid for his production. Boston signed him from Montreal thinking he would build on the 58 point season he posted in 2006-07. His totals in Boston? 53 points in 2008-09, 33 points in 82 games in 2009-10, and 41 points in 2010-11. Ryder came alive in the playoffs, though, for Boston. He collected 17 points in 25 playoff games compared to 41 in 79 regular season contests. Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/frequentflyers/Flyers-are-not-done-yet.html#ixzz1QEDH4GOD Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    Ryder is a tuff one,whether to keep or not.he had a really good playoffs,but sucked during regular season,i think if you could get him for considerably less money,might bring him back,or do you go with Caron or Penner,sometimes you need new blood,team could get complacent,and with parity in NHL not trying to be negative but you can win the cup one year and next not make playoffs,has happened before.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Glad to see others who want him. Chiarelli has made a point of stressing "character" and his choices of Kelly and Peverly show it. Slyder can be very good when he wants to be, or when he limits his beer intake. Those are not "character" trademarks, and Chiarelli has told Ryder and Kaberle that the Bruins are still formulating their plans, and are not close to a decision on either one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

It wouldn't bother me if he resigned with the Bruins, for less money. It would bother me if PC signed him for the same monies.

I really would be delighted if another team signed him, forcing PC & Co. to look hard at which player, if any, good make it up to the Bruins from Providence.

If someone from Providence could make the Bruins, it will be for less money than what Ryder would be making, allowing PC to have more wiggle room if he needs to pick something up at the trade deadline in Feb.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Bruins need Ryder for next year's playoff run. The B's are still goal challenged with most of their forwards averaging well under 20 goals. This includes Peverley, Kelley, Thornton, Seguin (till proven otherwise which will hopefully be this coming season), Campbell, and Paille. While they are all very useful contributors who helped get us the CUPPPPPP (Still can't believe it!) you need six forwards at least who can amount to about 20-25 goals. Ryder has been more like 18 the last few years but scores at a 30 goal clip in the playoffs. Let's not kiss off offense, especially since we drafted a D with our number 1 pick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Why don't we just sign Brooks Laich? It really won't be as hard as some people think. he made $2.1M this year (cap-hit)...just offer 5-6YRS at $3-3.5M. Fits the "Bruins mold" on the current roster VERY well (versatility, physical, good 2-way player, etc.).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Brooks Laich is perfect for the Bruins and he shows up every night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

keep Ryder. i have no problem with a player who doesn't 'play' every night but does 'play' when it's most needed(playoffs).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

If Ryder had "played" every night , both Seguin and Wheeler would have scored more. He is lazy, hogs the puck, and only performs when he feels like it, or is trying out for a new contract. This is not the "character" player Chiarelli likes even if Claude is blinded by his maybe type play. Open the spot, and fill it with a committed playr.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

In Pete we trust.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Thank you to Michael Ryder for of his contributions during the Stanley Cup run.  Good luck with your new team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Cmon people give Ryder another shot with the B's. KEEP THE TEAM TOGETHER!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]Brooks Laich is perfect for the Bruins and he shows up every night.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Can't Washington use him as well.. To my thinking he is possibly the 3rd or 4th best forward on the team.. I would rather have him then Semin.. No way does George let this guy go..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i'd sign a veteran like Jamie Langenbrunner for a year or two at most to replace Ryder....

Langenbrunner comes to play every game and knows a thing or two about winning cups....

he'll also be a cheaper option than a player like Laich, who someone will overpay for....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Flyers interested in Ryder:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers interested in Ryder : Can't Washington use him as well.. To my thinking he is possibly the 3rd or 4th best forward on the team.. I would rather have him then Semin.. No way does George let this guy go..Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

When PC spoke about what defenseman he was targeting before the trade deadline he referred to "who he had on his board" so if Laich is on Chiarelli's "UFA board" agreed Cowboys he'd better set his alarm for June 30th 12:01AM Blake is not going to last long.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I like Laich, also like Erik Cole and Jussi Jokinen.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Brooks Laich is perfect for the Bruins and he shows up every night.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    San,

I have been singing Laichs tune for a while now.  He is an ideal player that can play any style and always-always shows up each night.  He is gonna get a big chunk of change.  He will wait for Richards to sign and then make a cash cow.  I say he hit 3.75-4/yr.  But I would love him on a line with Marchand and Bergie.  Meaning Kelly as you mentioned could be dealt away, leaving a 3rd line of Caron/Peverly/Seguin. 

Laich is the only fwd on the UFA that makes our current lineup better. 

Laich and Pitkanen.  Is it possible we are on the same page.  Miracles do come true.