Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs!

This is going to be an awesome first round series. Best part is that one of these teams will be out of the picture after one round... should be good stuff

^ Hugging plus Engelland beating this crap out of Simmonds.. 
    ..and Byslma and Laviolette up on the Benches hollaring with Pierre just sitting in the middle drooling lol.

Hoping the Flyers can bounce the pens in the first round. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs!

Bylsma waasnt involved it was the assistant.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

engelland is scary dude, he's their mcquaid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs!:
    [QUOTE]Bylsma waasnt involved it was the assistant.
    Posted by originalcallodthedom[/QUOTE]

Another reason why not to listen to anything that comes out of Pierres mouth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs!:
    [QUOTE]Bylsma waasnt involved it was the assistant.
    Posted by originalcallodthedom[/QUOTE]

True.  It was Pens asst. coach Tony Granato who was standing on the bench ledge between the teams.  According to Maguire he was telling Laviolette to step down from his own perch. 

Funny sight was the camera catching Pierre Maguire in his ice-level spot between both benches looking straight ahead while Granato and Laviolette were yelling at each other on either side of him while standing on the edge of their respective benches.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

And another fight starts because of a solid, crashing, legal body check.

If these teams continue the need to fight after legal hits and coaches like Laviolette needs to cry to the media afterwards, they should just vote to make the NHL no-check. 

That's how they are acting like it is now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]And another fight starts because of a solid, crashing, legal body check. If these teams continue the need to fight after legal hits and coaches like Laviolette needs to cry to the media afterwards, they should just vote to make the NHL no-check.  That's how they are acting like it is now.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Laffi acts like his guys (Rinaldo, Schenn, Shelly, Bourdon, Goonstito, etc.) wouldn't take of a Penguins players head at any point in a game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]And another fight starts because of a solid, crashing, legal body check. If these teams continue the need to fight after legal hits and coaches like Laviolette needs to cry to the media afterwards, they should just vote to make the NHL no-check.  That's how they are acting like it is now.

Yep, I 100% hate this about todays NHL. Why does a player have to be challenged every time he delivers a clean open ice hit? It's stupid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs! : Yep, I 100% hate this about todays NHL. Why does a player have to be challenged every time he delivers a clean open ice hit? It's stupid.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

As long as a player doesn't get pounced on after a hit I don't see the problem with challenging someone after a big hit (Ex: Kelly v. Schenn). I'd rather see a fight result from a hit than see two goons just fight for no reason at all off a faceoff.

Plus, if someone on the team doesn't respond a bunch of people call them soft and they get labled soft and heartless like the Sabres.

However, it would be nice sometimes to see players just respect an open ice hit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

You definitely should not let people take advantage and sometime if you feel the time is proper to stand up for yourself, the big hit is as good a time as any.  Your team cannot look soft or have people taken advantage of.

But in this league right now its the norm to "respond" to big, legal hits. 

Its idiotic.

And I agree that staged fights at a faceoff, especially when the "combatants" agree to it because its their job, is just as revolting.

I think responses to legal hits should carry instigator-type penalty enhancers, maybe automatic game misconducts.  The same with staged fights.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Flyers-Pens will be the most anticipated first round matchup. They still have to play each other one more time to close out the regular season. Obviously no love loss between these two teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In my mind, the blame here rests on the Flyers.  First Schenn decides to crosscheck Crosby from behind after the play knowing that the Penguin team is going to go out of their way to protect the guy.  Secondly, this Flyer team has taken every opportunity to use a roster loaded with thugs all year.  Guys like Rinaldo and Sestito have done nothing but take ugly runs at opposing players.  Thirdly, Joe Vitale throws a perfectly clean and legit hit on Briere who appears not to be paying attention at all.  Why every other Flyer player on the ice decides to come after him is totally their fault.

And Laviolette is mad at Bylsma for putting some tough guys out there at the end of the game??  What does he expect?

Sometimes the Flyers have to reap what they sow.  I wish Asham really got a hold of Schenn or Rinaldo at the end.  Would have served them right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

SoxFan, I think also A LOT of it had to do with some stuff that was going on earlier in the game - I think it had been building for a long time. Then after the Penguins had clearly lost the game they put out a line full of tough guys which added to the fire.

While I completely agree about the "response" needed for a big clean hit (especially one that causes no injury) I think this had been boiling up for a while and finally exploded.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Earlier in the game Crosby had his helmet ripped off his head while trying to get by a Flyer along the boards. The Flyer ? Brayden Schenn . That's where it started to heat up IMO.

This will be a great matchup to keep an eye on . They truly hate each other.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

Also Crosby crosschecked Schenn seconds before Schenn came back.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In my mind, the blame here rests on the Flyers.  First Schenn decides to crosscheck Crosby from behind after the play knowing that the Penguin team is going to go out of their way to protect the guy.  Secondly, this Flyer team has taken every opportunity to use a roster loaded with thugs all year.  Guys like Rinaldo and Sestito have done nothing but take ugly runs at opposing players.  Thirdly, Joe Vitale throws a perfectly clean and legit hit on Briere who appears not to be paying attention at all.  Why every other Flyer player on the ice decides to come after him is totally their fault. And Laviolette is mad at Bylsma for putting some tough guys out there at the end of the game??  What does he expect? Sometimes the Flyers have to reap what they sow.  I wish Asham really got a hold of Schenn or Rinaldo at the end.  Would have served them right.  
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    agree with everything except the crosby matter. crosby cross-checked shenn in the corner as the play ended then skated away crossing directly in front of shenn- imo kinda baiting him to retailiate. he knew the hit was coming, and played it off as "look what just happened to me, did everyone see that?" of course, i can't stand the pens, so this view might be a bit biased.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs! : agree with everything except the crosby matter. crosby cross-checked shenn in the corner as the play ended then skated away crossing directly in front of shenn- imo kinda baiting him to retailiate. he knew the hit was coming, and played it off as "look what just happened to me, did everyone see that?" of course, i can't stand the pens, so this view might be a bit biased.   
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I would agree with that, I only saw the replays but the look on his face was not disgust or surprise when he first looked up like it usually is. He just looked up pretty normally towards the referees. Also I know it's a cross check to the back he "didn't see coming" but Crosby is pretty damn strong on his skates and he went down like a sack of potatos from what seemed to be a pretty light cross check.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

what crosby did was an attempt to "draw a penalty". i love that phrase. all it really means is... 1) do something to get a reaction from the opposition(slash/hold/crosscheck/jaw at them)... 2) then embellish when the opposition retailiates. happens in every game, and it's garbage.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs! : agree with everything except the crosby matter. crosby cross-checked shenn in the corner as the play ended then skated away crossing directly in front of shenn- imo kinda baiting him to retailiate. he knew the hit was coming, and played it off as "look what just happened to me, did everyone see that?" of course, i can't stand the pens, so this view might be a bit biased.   
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Agreed - I'm not saying that Crosby wasn't in the wrong and didn't deserve the crosscheck.  I'm saying that I object to Laviolette wondering why oh why the Penguins were motivated to put some tough guys out at the end of the game. It seemed like a pretty obvious and predictable scenario to me.

And the notion that the guy who sends Rinaldo and Sestito over the boards all season long has some objection to the Pens sending out some tough guys is laughable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

That was a great game but two things to note here:

1. Simmonds had stitches all over his face from a previous bout and should not have been fighting. To hang in there with Engellend (one scary guy) they way he did was impressive. I did not like him before but I do now

2. This type of stuff will almost certainly not happen in the playoffs. When was the last time we all saw a legitimate line brawl in the post season? Been a while because teams do not want to risk suspensions et al.

Fun for the regular season, not in the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]That was a great game but two things to note here: 1. Simmonds had stitches all over his face from a previous bout and should not have been fighting. To hang in there with Engellend (one scary guy) they way he did was impressive. I did not like him before but I do now 2. This type of stuff will almost certainly not happen in the playoffs. When was the last time we all saw a legitimate line brawl in the post season? Been a while because teams do not want to risk suspensions et al. Fun for the regular season, not in the playoffs.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]
    They play again on the season's last day. It should be a good one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs! : They play again on the season's last day. It should be a good one.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Just might be. Much vengeance needs to be had by both sides before the playoffs start.

Of course, expectations may be a little to high and it might be a snoozer as both teams do not want injures before the post-season.

We'll see.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs! : Just might be. Much vengeance needs to be had by both sides before the playoffs start. Of course, expectations may be a little to high and it might be a snoozer as both teams do not want injures before the post-season. We'll see.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]
    Hard to imagine a guy like Hartnell not taking advantage of his last chance to be a weasel.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs! : Hard to imagine a guy like Hartnell not taking advantage of his last chance to be a weasel.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    It was funny watching him taunt the Hulk Hogan wannbe though! lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs! : It was funny watching him taunt the Hulk Hogan wannbe though! lol
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    It was.