Flying into Boston today.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Flying into Boston today.

What restaurants do you recommend for lobster or where to go for lobster? I'll be in town til Friday.

Love the city. Such a great atmosphere with people walking all over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Flying into Boston today.

Ye ol Union Oyster House right next to City Hall Bomb Digitty!

Also go down to Boylston and Newbury St. for Boston Chowda (sorry no tuna or tabasco) and Atlantic Fish Co. Newbury St. has tons of restaurants.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Hope you packed your shorts...it is hot here today!

Legal Harborside is a safe bet to fill your seafood desire.

Neptune Oyster in North End has great lobster rolls

James Hook and Co in Seaport has great lobster dishes as well.

Have fun!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I'll be staying at the Emb. Suites on Potter St..... I do like the Union oyster house. I was asking because the locals know best. Maybe there was something that I was missing that wasnt considered Touristy.

Ive been to so many places, while traveling for work, that were more of tourist thing, but the food S U C K E D. Id rather find a hole in the wall, that has better food.

Thanks for the input.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Sandog beat me to it.  I love Union Oyster House, although it seems to be more popular and touristy than ever.  Legals next to the Aquarium/Long Wharf is great too.

Just went there on Saturday before flying out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Archer beat me to it:  Legal's Harborside.  YUMM!!!!

#BOSTONSTRONG

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeonetwo. Show Mikeonetwo's posts

I think the Barking Crab is what you want.. 

http://www.barkingcrab.com/

but all the recomendations above are excellent places. The Barking Crab will give you the real deal New England seafood shack feel. The other's will be a dining experience instead.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

the barking crab is good, but to me, its a bit touristy. Last time i was there, a waitress asked where i was from, when i told her i worked down the street and lived a city away she seemed genuienly surprised. The food is pretty good though.

Id do the oyster house.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I thought about mentioning the Barking Crab so kudos to the last two who did. A true shack of shacks...literally a restaurant on stilts over the Fort Point channel. Small, kinda dirty...cool atmosphere. I'm indifferent about the food though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I like the food at the crab, it is just full of tourists usually. Especially in the summer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

If you like irish, there is a great restaurant in Fanueil Hall.  It is on one end and has an upstairs/downstairs--great irish food.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Flying in from where?

I hope your arms don't get tired.

(Old Henny Youngman joke. Anyone remember Henny? Or is he too young for all of you?)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Flying in from where?

(Old Henny Youngman joke. Anyone remember Henny? Or is he too young for all of you?)

Take my wife........please!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.boston.com/travel/2012/06/27/new-england-clam-shacks/YcjN6NU4JU7kKvWHjLSQRL/gallery.html?pg=6&t=100&cp=6

Gonna do a clam shack tour of the Cape when I get back to Woods Hole in two weeks.

Mmm mmm

PS. Yah Legals is real good Fletch!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Crap. I should not have read this thread - I skipped lunch today.

Going to have pick up some oysters or spot prawns on the way home from work now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Flying in from where?

Take my wife........please!

My wife said she wanted me to take her to some place to eat where she'd never been before.  I took her to the kitchen. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Flying in from where?

Flying into Boston?  I recommend you land at the airport rather than flying into Boston.

(brand new BadHab joke)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Oh ya baby....Had a big ole 2.25 lb lobster tonight for dinner and some broiled sea scallops on the side. Im stuffed. I actually had to drive to Hartford today after I landed, so I went to the Maine  Fish Market here, near the Bradley Airport. I will be in Boston the next two nights.

So my choices will be Legals, Barking Crab and Union Oyster House. They all sound great. I will pass on the irish food, although I do like a sheppards pie every now and then.

I need to pick up a Boston Strong shirt. My coworker was in Boston the other week and he said theyre everywhere.

Anyone recommend a cool sports memorbilia store with alot of Bruins swag. I love this stuff. I know for many of you that live in Boston or around Boston, probably dont appreciate the city like I do. But thats only because I visit it every now and then. Just has a cool vibe and old school feel to it. One of the coolest cities if you ask me. Always people walking around and enjoying it. Anyway, cant wait to walk around tomorrow evening.

I flew in from Columbus, OH.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to bgrif008's comment:

Say hello to Nathan when you get back. If he's not hiding.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I need to pick up a Boston Strong shirt. My coworker was in Boston the other week and he said theyre everywhere."

Yah there will be plenty of vendors around HaymarkeySquare/Fanuel Hall for those shirts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Oh ya baby....Had a big ole 2.25 lb lobster tonight for dinner and some broiled sea scallops on the side. Im stuffed. I actually had to drive to Hartford today after I landed, so I went to the Maine  Fish Market here, near the Bradley Airport. I will be in Boston the next two nights.

So my choices will be Legals, Barking Crab and Union Oyster House. They all sound great. I will pass on the irish food, although I do like a sheppards pie every now and then.

I need to pick up a Boston Strong shirt. My coworker was in Boston the other week and he said theyre everywhere.

Anyone recommend a cool sports memorbilia store with alot of Bruins swag. I love this stuff. I know for many of you that live in Boston or around Boston, probably dont appreciate the city like I do. But thats only because I visit it every now and then. Just has a cool vibe and old school feel to it. One of the coolest cities if you ask me. Always people walking around and enjoying it. Anyway, cant wait to walk around tomorrow evening.

There is a sports store in Faneuil Hall Area that has lots of player name T-shirts, other shirts/hats etc. TBH, I would go to the Pro-Shop at TD Garden for the best selection. It won't be a mad house this time of year so you should be able to comfortably browse for whatever you are looking for. Take the T to North Station.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"I need to pick up a Boston Strong shirt. My coworker was in Boston the other week and he said theyre everywhere."

Yah there will be plenty of vendors around HaymarkeySquare/Fanuel Hall for those shirts.

I was in Logan on Saturday -- full of Boston Strong crap everywhere.  

Sorry about my tone -- love the cause, hate the tacky commercialization of it.  Bought my daughter a stuffed lobster instead (and myself a real one...)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Summer Shack in Dedham is real good too, if you're into the 'shack' feel.

Sandog, your clam shack tour is something that is unquestionably on my bucket list.

What's the awesome little shack 3/4ths of the way down the Cape (Eastham-ish) with the insanely good onion rings?  Arnold's?  Drooling on my keyboard here...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Say hello to Nathan when you get back. If he's not hiding.

Nathan is here in Boston. He had Surgery today.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ate at Legals tonight. Good stuff. Clam chowda and Grilled tuna steak. The train from the airport to the aquarium is two stops away. Easy peasy. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be back in downtown tomorrow evening for dinner again.