For all the Brooks Laich and Joni Pitkanen fans, who do you guys want now???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

For all the Brooks Laich and Joni Pitkanen fans, who do you guys want now???

Re-sign Brad Marchand
    extend David Krejci

Sign:
    Jason Arnott
    Ed Jovanovski
    Simon Gagne

All one year deals - keep the cap space for next summer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AugustusPuckus. Show AugustusPuckus's posts

Re: For all the Brooks Laich and Joni Pitkanen fans, who do you guys want now???

I'd like to see Wiz on the blue line but I think the money will be silly as it's always hard to find a good d-man.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: For all the Brooks Laich and Joni Pitkanen fans, who do you guys want now???

i'd sign a vet like Langenbrunner for a year or two to replace Ryder....

and on defense, i could see a Babchuk or Ericsson fitting in nicely....

i would've liked a Leino or Wisniewski but these guys are going to get top dollar in a year of slim pickings....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Jovo doesnt wanna leave Pho.
    Arnott is tres tres slow.

I say Cole/Wiz.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

who cares what the trolls want. The b's front office will take care of our star players like Krejci and Marchand

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Steve Sullivan or Jovo...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

I say Arnot, Gange or Cole on forward, Jovi or Wis on D. The Bruins should do some thing to fix the PP and maybe sign Kabes and Marchand ASAP. Can't wait for next season to start.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

It will definitely be interesting to see what PC does. I just looked at next year's UFA crop amongst the forward group...I just puked...nothing to write home about. Chris Kunitz as one of the best UFA forwards on the market says it all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to For all the Brooks Laich and Joni Pitkanen fans, who do you guys want now???:
    [QUOTE]Re-sign Brad Marchand extend David Krejci Sign: Jason Arnott Ed Jovanovski Simon Gagne All one year deals - keep the cap space for next summer.
    Posted by Bigpapa1977[/QUOTE]

ew

no on jovo
    there is zero, and i mean zero need for arnott (where the heck would he even play). gagne would be intriguing but only if he accepts a 1 year deal which he wont

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

This is kind of disappointing because I don't really like what any of the realistic UFA's offer. Wiz: got fire but guy can't stay out of the medical room. same with Cole and gagne. Langenbrunner: don't know if anyone has seen him, but if you thought Recchi was getting old, yeesh.

I'd rather they just sign Kaberle and perhaps sign a guy like gagne, with good young depth waiting behind him whenever he gets injured. None of these guys will deserve the money they will get, as is usually the case.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Wiz or erik cole. Frankly, I think Kaberle would be worth bringing back at $3.5 million.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: For all the Brooks Laich and Joni Pitkanen fans, who do you guys want now???:
    [QUOTE]This is kind of disappointing because I don't really like what any of the realistic UFA's offer. Wiz: got fire but guy can't stay out of the medical room. same with Cole and gagne. Langenbrunner: don't know if anyone has seen him, but if you thought Recchi was getting old, yeesh. I'd rather they just sign Kaberle and perhaps sign a guy like gagne, with good young depth waiting behind him whenever he gets injured. None of these guys will deserve the money they will get, as is usually the case.
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]

last time i checked Langenbrunner was 35....

as for Gagne, just what the B'S need, another guy with concussion problems....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carltetus. Show carltetus's posts

Forget Langenbrunner. He is the guy who asked Lamoriello  to fire Julien. He is a trouble maker according Mario Tremblay who wasthe assistant coach with the Devils in 2009-2010.. I would go for Ehrhoff. Simon Gagné is a good player but he had a lot of concussion in the recent years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to For all the Brooks Laich and Joni Pitkanen fans, who do you guys want now???:
    [QUOTE] Sign: Jason Arnott Ed Jovanovski Simon Gagne All one year deals - keep the cap space for next summer.

Useless.

Useless.

No way he'll accept a one year deal.

Maybe they should sign Stamkos to an offer sheet?  That's as reasonable as the rest of this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If PC can't get Kaberle cheaply then I would turn my attention to Ehrhoff. Kampfer is just not ready. I agree WIZs payday has gone up Chiarelli shouldn't over pay on Dmen into their 30s, not named Chara, especially if they want more than 2 year deals. Ehrhoff I would give more than 2 or 3 years because of his age and to laugh at Gillis.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

A couple of names in no particular order:

F:
    Erik Cole
    Jussi Jokinen
    Scottie Upshall
    Michael Ryder
    Villie Leino

D:
    Ehrhoff
    Kaberle
    Wiz
    Ian White

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I think Leino and White would be awesome for this team, but I think both will be overpaid and therefore PC should not pursue them to that extent.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sviola877. Show sviola877's posts

Andy Green on D...

Brad Richards ...only in my dreams, man how those dreams change when you win the Cup

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

There not gonna sign anyone, why should they ? As much as you think there farm system is weak, its not. And add the spooners and knights who will, im telling you compete for a spot, why ? because they dont have to fill the skates of a crosby or ovie, blah blah blah, were talking rechhi and ryder up from, marchand will stay, 2 year deal. On the D we still have kampher if kaberle is gone, Tell me how many refer that scenerio.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Good riddance to Kaberle. On defense, I really like Andy Greene. He is very underrated. He is good on the power play & is solid all around. He was a minus player last but then again so was just about everyone on the Devils. He would be a better and cheaper alternative to Kaberle.

As for forwards, I like Eric Cole, Scottie Upshall or Steve Sullivan. All have had injuries over recent years, but they all could help this team. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Useless.

Useless.

No way he'll accept a one year deal.

Maybe they should sign Stamkos to an offer sheet?  That's as reasonable as the rest of this.

Agree to disagree. 

The free agents are drying up as we speak.  Why not sign a couple vets to one-year deals as opposed to paying some lackluster free agent a four-year deal?  Chia and Cam are NOT going into the season without replacing Savard/Ryder/Recchi/Kaberle with some vets - they just aren't. A spot may go to Spooner/Knight/Caron or Kampfer/Bartkowski, but you will see some new vets on the roster come October (unless both Ryder and Kaberle re-sign - which is unlikely).

I guess that we will just find out in a few weeks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: For all the Brooks Laich and Joni Pitkanen fans, who do you guys want now???:
    [QUOTE]Useless. Useless. No way he'll accept a one year deal. Maybe they should sign Stamkos to an offer sheet?  That's as reasonable as the rest of this. Agree to disagree.  The free agents are drying up as we speak.  Why not sign a couple vets to one-year deals as opposed to paying some lackluster free agent a four-year deal?  Chia and Cam are NOT going into the season without replacing Savard/Ryder/Recchi/Kaberle with some vets - they just aren't. A spot may go to Spooner/Knight/Caron or Kampfer/Bartkowski, but you will see some new vets on the roster come October (unless both Ryder and Kaberle re-sign - which is unlikely). I guess that we will just find out in a few weeks.

If the B's sign Gagne to a one year deal, I'll buy you dinner in Boston.  If Jovo signs in Boston for one year and plays well (we'll take a vote here), I'll buy you tickets to a game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]There not gonna sign anyone, why should they ? As much as you think there farm system is weak, its not. And add the spooners and knights who will, im telling you compete for a spot, why ? because they dont have to fill the skates of a crosby or ovie, blah blah blah, were talking rechhi and ryder up from, marchand will stay, 2 year deal. On the D we still have kampher if kaberle is gone, Tell me how many refer that scenerio.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

Spooner and Knight have next to zero pro experience.  This isn't the '93 Senators.  This is the Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins...and they have cap room. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CactusTonia. Show CactusTonia's posts

i would not hate   matt cooke

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

If the B's sign Gagne to a one year deal, I'll buy you dinner in Boston.  If Jovo signs in Boston for one year and plays well (we'll take a vote here), I'll buy you tickets to a game.

Nice! I have to look forward to Jovo signing in Boston!

BTW, the B's are shopping Tomas Kaberle's rights.

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2011/06/28/report-bruins-looking-to-trade-tomas-kaberles-rights/