FOR THOSE THAT THINK REMOVING JULIAN IS THE ANSWER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

FOR THOSE THAT THINK REMOVING JULIAN IS THE ANSWER

Put Scotty Bowman or Dan Bylsma behind our bench and I have news for you, you still have the same roster.  I'd even go far as saying that it's entirely possible that the Bruins would achieve fewer wins with a coach that prefers an up- tempo aggressive forechecking system because most of our defenseman can't skate well, don't retrieve pucks well and don't make the first breakout pass well enough and because most of our forwards lack speed and puck handling skills.  

What you would likely get if the Bruins were to play a more up-tempto system with our current roster is a boat load of odd-man rushes going against us.  Yes we'd probably get more scoring chances game-to-game and without question it would be a whole lot more exciting to watch but would the result be more wins?  I for one don't think so. I think you'd get less wins and a lot of 4-6 losses.

I want Julian out out town more than anyone. I hate the system he employs, his lack of in-game changes and his absolute loyalty to a fault of leaning on less skilled veterans versus playing younger more skilled players.  

I want the Bruins more than anything to play a more exciting brand of hockey. But if we don't get more mobile on defense, don't get more players that can create space with speed and puck handling and don't get at least one legtit (probably more) elite scorer, this team as constructed is only capable of playing well in the type of system Julian has in place.  

If we are going to have the same roster our best chance at a cup this year or in the near future (baring major roster upheaval and or a new coach) is probably unfortunately playing the type of system Julian has put in place as well as Thomas stealing a series or two and playing at a Conn Smythe Level for most of the playoff run.

I will say though that if the roster and the system stay the same a new coach is probably still needed.  A coach that can think out of the box, make in-game changes on the fly, that shortens the bench when necessary, that would develop young players and that could improve our special teams would certainly be a huge improvement.  

These things Julian is not and without question he has in the past and will continue to impede the Bruins chances at a Cup whether it's with the same cast of current players or not.  But again anyone that thinks dumping Julian without changing the players is the key to the Bruins winning the Cup this year or next, I'd like some of what you're smoking.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: FOR THOSE THAT THINK REMOVING JULIAN IS THE ANSWER

right on brother...pass it this way

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

For the record, Dan Bylsma doesn't play up-tempo, they are weaker than the Bruins offensively and are one of the few teams that come close defensively.  People get confused because they have high-profile scorers, but they don't actually score that much as a team. Scotty Bowman hates high-risk plays, and introduced the left-wing lock to both Montreal and Detroit.  He modified it to the 'weak-wing' lock because Brendan Shanahan played left and wanted more freedom to attack.  It's a misconception that conservative coaches don't score.  Under Julian the Bruins have been 2nd in offence two years ago and are around 5th this year.  I also find they are exciting and play with passion.  Don't know what people complain about.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

People complain about the up's and down in their passion which cause disappointments in the playoffs.  Do you need me to give examples of this.  When this team comes out emotionally charged they are hard to beat.  But then they put together streaks where they have no passion on the ice and become very difficult to watch.  Inconsistency does not lead to playoff success. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I am sorry but when there is no safe lead anymore in this league.  Therefore when the Bs take the lead they should go for the next goal instead of defending.  If they don't adjust to it ...it will cost us again this year!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

In Response to Re: FOR THOSE THAT THINK REMOVING JULIAN IS THE ANSWER:
    [QUOTE]For the record, Dan Bylsma doesn't play up-tempo, they are weaker than the Bruins offensively and are one of the few teams that come close defensively.  People get confused because they have high-profile scorers, but they don't actually score that much as a team. Scotty Bowman hates high-risk plays, and introduced the left-wing lock to both Montreal and Detroit.  He modified it to the 'weak-wing' lock because Brendan Shanahan played left and wanted more freedom to attack.  It's a misconception that conservative coaches don't score.  Under Julian the Bruins have been 2nd in offence two years ago and are around 5th this year.  I also find they are exciting and play with passion.  Don't know what people complain about.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

What you neglected to state is the Penguins have defenseman that can actually skate, retrieve pucks and make the first pass.  Thus the Penguins do not play the plodding east-west style the Bruins do.  They Penguins Defense gets the puck up the ice quickly leaving the forwards to create offense.

Also I'm fed with the, "Bruins are 5th in scoring argument".  The Bruins are dead last or close to it in percentage of power play goals.  Note this doesn't just mean they power play percentage stinks but they score fewer goals on the PP they almost every team in the NHL.  Why does this matter?  

Because special teams goals play a HUGE role in the playoffs.  Also the inconsistent scoring the Bruins have displayed all year will haunt them come playoff time.  When you don't have guys that you can rely on every game to score or at least every other game it isn't that big of problem during a regular 82 game season schedule. Having players and lines that disappear for a game or back to back games are killers in the playoffs.   This is how the Bruins are constructed like it or leave it.  They have no elite players or forwards they can rely on to score or create scoring chances EVERY GAME IN THE PLAYOFFS. They have to rely on secondary scoring, limiting other teams chances and pray that other teams special teams tank and theirs succeeds. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE] They have no elite players or forwards they can rely on to score or create scoring chances EVERY GAME IN THE PLAYOFFS. They have to rely on secondary scoring, limiting other teams chances and pray that other teams special teams tank and theirs succeeds. 
    Posted by bobforte2002[/QUOTE]

Krejci and Lucic are elite players and Horton's been better than both of them the last several weeks. As long as they play full-out and with a sense of urgency in the playoffs, that line is one that the Bruins can count on to create offense every game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If Bob can port-a-post, so can I... (imported from the "What's Wrong with Bergeron" thread)

They have two winners of major trophies in Thomas and Chara, and Thomas will at very least be nominated for the Vezina this year, so they have elite talent just not on offense.  Saying Thomas (or Rask) needs to play at a Conn Smythe level is nothing more than the old saying "your best players have to be your best players".

As for the offense, I could give you the blah blah about the Bruins being top five in team scoring, with an unbelievably good 5 on 5 goal ration (1.45 to lead the league; Vancouver is second at only 1.24).  I might suggest that if they could get the f'n powerplay to score, they'd be fine on the offensive end, but you'd only come back with "that's why they need an elite scorer!"  Yeah, elite scorers are great aren't they?  Except when they're not.

When healthy, the Bruin defense corps now skates relatively well - that is, with Kaberle, Seidenberg, Kampfer, and Ference, you have a pretty smooth group of skaters out there.  Not always the best decision-makers, or the most physical group, but smooth on their skates. 

Instead of one or two "elite" talents on offense, the Bruins are built around 4 guys who have elevated their games for stretches and played like elite players.  Bergeron led the league in scoring over a period of more than a month in Jan-Feb.  Krejci looked like a world-beater in the playoffs last year.  Horton has already shown he can go on 10 game runs of nearly a goal/game.  Lucic has been on a run of scoring like a 50 goal performer and has also shown a tendency to score more in big games, playoff games.  After that, you have a group of supporting offense - Ryder, Recchi, Marchand - that can heat up and score in streaks, and after that, you have players on the lines 3-4 who contribute at a decent clip.  Add Seguin in as an afterthought - a player who can be invisible or look lost all game long, then take a breakaway pass and score or receive a feed and one time it in. 

So in theory, you build a team that gives up 2 goals more than 3, and you assemble a distributed offense with enough talent that you score an average of 3/game (exactly 3 as of today) as some of those pieces get hot and some slump.  In the end, you have a formula there to make the playoffs because you have a strong differential between goals for and goals against.  And in the playoffs?  You look for a perfect storm where Bergeron and Marchand play like it's January, Horton Lucic and Krejci play like they did for the first 10 games (or on the recent road swing), the PP finally gels with Kaberle, and Seguin wakes up one morning and realizes he can be a difference maker even now.

In this, they are no different from any other team - get healthy for the playoffs, get confident, and hope to get on a roll.  Doesn't matter if you're Crosby/Malkin/Staal (incredibly healthy on their two years of Cup appearances) or Toews/Kane/Hossa (Toews was torrid for three playoff rounds, Kane solid).  And this isn't about talent per se.  Remember Kris Kontos, John Druce, and the litany of guys who would suddenly score like Mike Bossy come playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I don't think Julien is a bad coach. But let me put it to you this way:

If a coach has chickens for player - he should make chicken cutlets
    If a coach has cows for players- he should make beef steaks.
    If a coach has pigs for players - he should make make pork chops.

The problem with Julien is:
    a) has cows for players and is trying to make pork chops.
    b) has chickens for players and is trying to make beef steaks.
    c) has pigs for players and is trying to make chicken cutlets.

Take your pick.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FOR THOSE THAT THINK REMOVING JULIAN IS THE ANSWER : Krejci and Lucic are elite players and Horton's been better than both of them the last several weeks. As long as they play full-out and with a sense of urgency in the playoffs, that line is one that the Bruins can count on to create offense every game.
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]

Um no one in the leauge would consider Lucic or Krejci elite players.  Elite players (Crosby, Malkin, Lindstrom, Datysuk, Zetterberg, etc...)  Which of one these guys would get traded one for one for Lucic or Krejci?  That's right none of them.

Don't get me wrong Lucic or Krecji are good players but they are not elite. Lucic has never scored 60 points in a seaons.  To date he has 52 and this is the first year that he's gotten 50 or more points.  Krecji  had one very good, not elite, season two years ago when he scored 73 points.  He'd be luck to get 65 points this year. 

Horton.  Please.  Captain Disapear.  Not elite.  Not even close.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]If Bob can port-a-post, so can I... (imported from the "What's Wrong with Bergeron" thread) They have two winners of major trophies in Thomas and Chara, and Thomas will at very least be nominated for the Vezina this year, so they have elite talent just not on offense.  Saying Thomas (or Rask) needs to play at a Conn Smythe level is nothing more than the old saying "your best players have to be your best players". As for the offense, I could give you the blah blah about the Bruins being top five in team scoring, with an unbelievably good 5 on 5 goal ration (1.45 to lead the league; Vancouver is second at only 1.24).  I might suggest that if they could get the f'n powerplay to score, they'd be fine on the offensive end, but you'd only come back with "that's why they need an elite scorer!"  Yeah, elite scorers are great aren't they?  Except when they're not. When healthy, the Bruin defense corps now skates relatively well - that is, with Kaberle, Seidenberg, Kampfer, and Ference, you have a pretty smooth group of skaters out there.  Not always the best decision-makers, or the most physical group, but smooth on their skates.  Instead of one or two "elite" talents on offense, the Bruins are built around 4 guys who have elevated their games for stretches and played like elite players.  Bergeron led the league in scoring over a period of more than a month in Jan-Feb.  Krejci looked like a world-beater in the playoffs last year.  Horton has already shown he can go on 10 game runs of nearly a goal/game.  Lucic has been on a run of scoring like a 50 goal performer and has also shown a tendency to score more in big games, playoff games.  After that, you have a group of supporting offense - Ryder, Recchi, Marchand - that can heat up and score in streaks, and after that, you have players on the lines 3-4 who contribute at a decent clip.  Add Seguin in as an afterthought - a player who can be invisible or look lost all game long, then take a breakaway pass and score or receive a feed and one time it in.  So in theory, you build a team that gives up 2 goals more than 3, and you assemble a distributed offense with enough talent that you score an average of 3/game (exactly 3 as of today) as some of those pieces get hot and some slump.  In the end, you have a formula there to make the playoffs because you have a strong differential between goals for and goals against.  And in the playoffs?  You look for a perfect storm where Bergeron and Marchand play like it's January, Horton Lucic and Krejci play like they did for the first 10 games (or on the recent road swing), the PP finally gels with Kaberle, and Seguin wakes up one morning and realizes he can be a difference maker even now. In this, they are no different from any other team - get healthy for the playoffs, get confident, and hope to get on a roll.  Doesn't matter if you're Crosby/Malkin/Staal (incredibly healthy on their two years of Cup appearances) or Toews/Kane/Hossa (Toews was torrid for three playoff rounds, Kane solid).  And this isn't about talent per se.  Remember Kris Kontos, John Druce, and the litany of guys who would suddenly score like Mike Bossy come playoffs.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Take a look at the last seven years cup winners.  Every team that has won the last seven years has had elite players. Even Carolina had Staal and Ward was the Con Smythe winner.  Tampa St. Louis and Lecavalier.  The other teams speak for themselves.  It's not the 70s anymore.  Nor is it the clutch and grab 90s.  From what I've seen you need elite players to win the cup.  Again facts not your view of the Islanders from 30 years ago speaks to that.

Your idea is for the "perfect storm" to happen.  So basically lets hope we get lucky.  I think we probably would win more with elite talent and save all the luck for the lottery.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FOR THOSE THAT THINK REMOVING JULIAN IS THE ANSWER : Take a look at the last seven years cup winners.  Every team that has won the last seven years has had elite players. Even Carolina had Staal and Ward was the Con Smythe winner.  Tampa St. Louis and Lecavalier.  The other teams speak for themselves.  It's not the 70s anymore.  Nor is it the clutch and grab 90s.  From what I've seen you need elite players to win the cup.  Again facts not your view of the Islanders from 30 years ago speaks to that. Your idea is for the "perfect storm" to happen.  So basically lets hope we get lucky.  I think we probably would win more with elite talent and save all the luck for the lottery.
    I am not saying the B's would have won the Cup but they were one goal away from the eastern conference finals last year. All as they needed was a bit of luck. Right ? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

They needed more than luck to beat Philly. That was a total meltdown by Rask and the entire team. CJ did not stop the bleeding and that is where he failed miserably IMHO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FOR THOSE THAT THINK REMOVING JULIAN IS THE ANSWER : Take a look at the last seven years cup winners.  Every team that has won the last seven years has had elite players. Even Carolina had Staal and Ward was the Con Smythe winner.  Tampa St. Louis and Lecavalier.  The other teams speak for themselves.  It's not the 70s anymore.  Nor is it the clutch and grab 90s.  From what I've seen you need elite players to win the cup.  Again facts not your view of the Islanders from 30 years ago speaks to that. Your idea is for the "perfect storm" to happen.  So basically lets hope we get lucky.  I think we probably would win more with elite talent and save all the luck for the lottery.

for any team to win the cup, luck has to be on their side.  not just the b's, but van, det, phi.  there are a lot of 1 goal games that are decided by a lucky bounce or a post that goes or doesn't go in.  the b's would have made it to the conference final the past 2 years if they would've gotten 1 more lucky bounce. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]They needed more than luck to beat Philly. That was a total meltdown by Rask and the entire team. CJ did not stop the bleeding and that is where he failed miserably IMHO.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

Tied 3-3 in the third period is an easily winnable game . A penalty and a powerplay goal beat the Bruins. How was CJ to stop the bleeding ? Put in an injured TT ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]They needed more than luck to beat Philly. That was a total meltdown by Rask and the entire team. CJ did not stop the bleeding and that is where he failed miserably IMHO.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

this isn't the same team as last year.  krejci, horton, marchand, peverley, kelly, seguin, campbell, kampfer, kaberle and seidenberg weren't there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

When the momentum changed in that game they all looked like a deer in headlights. CJ did nothing to lead them or did he try to right the ship. End result was a loss. That game should have been 3-1 or 3-2 B's. They were out coached pure and simple.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd say your right and wrong. Julien is a good coach. He has 2 elite players. Chara and Thomas. No elite offensive players. Bergeron,Krejci,Horton and Lucic are very good players but by no means are they ellite. Could they be one day? Sure.To me, theres a significant difference between elite and very good. Not that many elite forwards and only a handful of elite d-men and goaltenders.  But if Crosby was on our team he hasn't played since Jan1 he'd be leading our team in scoring. Same would be true for alot of other teams. Those are the teams that don't have elite players, and maybe crosby is a bad example since he is the best player on the planet. Any coach would be smarter with him hopping over the boards.
    This team, specifically this year, with Malkin out and Crosby iffy has a legit shot at the cup. They need one of the four mentioned above to play like an elite player to go along with Thomas playing elite and secondary scoring. Lucic has a track record of playoff performing, I'd say he's your best shot. That said I say if they blow a two game lead or even a lead in a game 7 this year someone must be held accountable...right or wrong it will probably be Claude.

"Elite" Forwards
    1. Crosby
    2. Ovechkin
    3. Stamkos
    4. D.Sedin
    5. H.Sedin
    6. Iginla
    7. Malkin
    8. Kane
    9. Kovalchuk

"Elite" Defencemen
    1. Lidstrom
    2. Chara
    3. Pronger
    4. Green
    5. Doughty
    "Elite Goaltenders
    1. Brodeur
    2. Luongo
    3. Fleury
    4. Thomas
    5. Miller

Now for those of you saying so and so is  elite i beleive there are some guys who are in the second tier who may be elite soon.
    1.E.Staal
    2. St. Louis
    3. Toews
    4. Semin (elite talent..)
    5. Kopitar
    6. Weber
    7. Thornton
    8. Gaborik (would be on list up top if he stayed healthy)
    9. Parise
    10 . Richards....(don't forget he was on that Tampa team)

Theres more, all I have time for.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Everyone would love to have 'elite' players - that's not much of a point.  The Ducks in '06-'07 were closer to the Bruins than you're acknowledging.  They had Selanne, yes, but the key was a group of young players in Getzlaf, Perry, Penner who gave them waves of attack plus the goaltending of Giguere and, more than anything else, a defense anchored by Niedermeyer and Pronger.  Since then, of course, they haven't won a playoff round and may end up out of the picture for the second year in a row despite the maturing of those young stars.

Gotta love Eric Staal, but if he didn't have that one 100 point season, his totals would look only slightly better than Krejci and Bergeron in their best seasons - that is, 70-80 points.  Krejci might yet get to 70 this year, and if the KHL line had been around all year, I'd bet on a new career high.  Ward was a rookie goaltender.  I think he's very good.  Elite?  Well....  Sometimes.  That Staal led lineup has only made the playoffs once since then.

TBay went to the wire and beyond to win against a team with one elite player in Iginla and a great goaltender.  The Tampans and their "elite talent" - that is, the two guys you chose to mention who happen to still be there - haven't won a playoff round since and drafted first overall a couple of years back - on merit.

And because you said go back 7 years, I get to include the 02-03 Devils whose leading scorer, Elias, had a whopping 57 points.  Krejci, Lucic, Bergeron, and Horton will give the Bruins 4 guys over 50 points, matching the Devils on that front.

So, no, no reaching back to the Islander dynasty, which would be a ridiculous comparison in this case because those Isles teams were stacked with elite talents like Bossy, Trottier, and Potvin.  That mis-reading leads me to believe you didn't get my point, and trying to Joe Friday me with this "The Facts say..." business when you haven't really looked at all the facts - for example, that even with that elite talent, it took a perfect storm for those teams to win - makes me think you've made up your mind and aren't really looking for a discussion.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

kelvana - you're too generous.  Iginla's not elite any longer.  Kane is not elite.  Mike Green, elite?  Nope.  Fleury?  Nope.  I agree it's a big gap.  Let's keep it that way with the examples.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone would love to have 'elite' players - that's not much of a point.  The Ducks in '06-'07 were closer to the Bruins than you're acknowledging.  They had Selanne, yes, but the key was a group of young players in Getzlaf, Perry, Penner who gave them waves of attack plus the goaltending of Giguere and, more than anything else, a defense anchored by Niedermeyer and Pronger.  Since then, of course, they haven't won a playoff round and may end up out of the picture for the second year in a row despite the maturing of those young stars. Gotta love Eric Staal, but if he didn't have that one 100 point season, his totals would look only slightly better than Krejci and Bergeron in their best seasons - that is, 70-80 points.  Krejci might yet get to 70 this year, and if the KHL line had been around all year, I'd bet on a new career high.  Ward was a rookie goaltender.  I think he's very good.  Elite?  Well....  Sometimes.  That Staal led lineup has only made the playoffs once since then. TBay went to the wire and beyond to win against a team with one elite player in Iginla and a great goaltender.  The Tampans and their "elite talent" - that is, the two guys you chose to mention who happen to still be there - haven't won a playoff round since and drafted first overall a couple of years back - on merit. And because you said go back 7 years, I get to include the 02-03 Devils whose leading scorer, Elias, had a whopping 57 points.  Krejci, Lucic, Bergeron, and Horton will give the Bruins 4 guys over 50 points, matching the Devils on that front. So, no, no reaching back to the Islander dynasty, which would be a ridiculous comparison in this case because those Isles teams were stacked with elite talents like Bossy, Trottier, and Potvin.  That mis-reading leads me to believe you didn't get my point, and trying to Joe Friday me with this "The Facts say..." business when you haven't really looked at all the facts - for example, that even with that elite talent, it took a perfect storm for those teams to win - makes me think you've made up your mind and aren't really looking for a discussion.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

So now you're point has changed.  We don't need luck. And we don't need elite palyers.  Now I'm confused.

My pointed stated clearly in the original post is this.  Julian isn't a bad coach he just has a system that is boring to watch.  His fallacy as a coach is his reluctance to make in-game changes and his reliance on old verterans versus younger more talented players. 

My other point was the Bruins have some very good players,  lack elite talent at the forward position and have probably the most least mobile defense in the league.

And that without elite talents, having to rely on secondary scoring and with a coach that isn't a good in game manager we either need to change the coach and or players (including tyring to bring in at least one game breaking elite forward which we lack).

None of retorts and rebuttals answer to any of this except that you think we have just as much of a chance to win the cup without elite forwards than we do not having them.  I disagree and based on the last seven cup winners having some elite talent that would rebut your rebuttal as well.

Now simma down.  You ain't the god of this board just maybe your mother's basement.  I respect your opinion and viewpoint.  Whether you do mine I could give crap.  My viewpoint is just supported by the product on the ice and composition of the teams that have one the Cup recently.  Your viewpoint is solely tied your viewpoint.  But this is America you have that right.  Carry on you American Hero.

P.S. I missed the Devil's so unlike you I can admit I'm wrong.  They only had arguably the greatest goaltender in the history of the modern era.  As for your Tampa rant, null and void.  It doesn't matter what they did before or since. That year the won the cup.  No one would trade Stall for Krejci straight up so stash that one back in your book bag too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Iginla= 10 years with 30 plus goals,clutch & grab era, to post lockout era, no true centerman fights,hits good in his own zone=Elite
    Kane  Awesome talent if anyone was starting a team where would he be picked?
    Fleury..2 cup finals in a row, now no Malkin,Orpik and crosby,Staal missed half the year, hows he doing? Elitely, thats how he's doing.
    Mike Green, is there a better offensive d-man? No slouch in his own end either.He's injured, how are all those forwards numbers without him? 

I'd argue Lundqvist may even be among the leagues elite.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Who said I'm god of the board, Bob?  I'm debating your facts.  He11 yeah, it matters that those elite talents haven't made the playoffs or had much success in other years - maybe not to the fact they have a ring, but to the argument that elite offensive talent is an absolute necessity?  Absolutely.  You can't look at the fact that those elite talents did nada in other years and say see, elite talent = Cup.

My point never wavered.  I said the Bruins were built with a lot of non-elite talent so that if one line or player falters others can pick up the slack.  I said they're built around goal differential, and I said that the perfect storm scenario is that all of the lines play up to potential.  And they can win a cup if that happens, same as the elite talents can if they stay healthy, don't get shadowed, and don't get undercut by low-rent talent behind them.

You keep your peace I'll keep mine, but if you do in fact respect what I post, then show me you understand what I'm saying.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The team that stays the most healthy & GETS THE MOST LUCK usually wins the cup. That is more guarenteed than your elite being elite for the whole play-offs.