For those who dwell on the trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

For those who dwell on the trade

That of course being the seguin trade,not sure if this has been brought up before and with the way BDC has been for me trying to get in and load i thought i would post this.

The 2 main bodies to compare are seguin and pevs against Eriksson and Smith. Seguin is the 2nd highest paid player for Dallas, only behind lethonen and add peverlys totals 9m. Adding up Eriksson and smith (also fraser) totals 6.4m Then you still have morrow, no cap hit yet. The trade gave the Bs cap space needed to sign Iggy in a round about way. Comparing points Segs and pevs total 39 and a plus 9 and Erik and smith= 35p pts and plus 12.

All in all when you think of the potential of Fraser ( said to be a scorer everywhere hes been ) and morrow who is doing fine  in providence, I think the Bs got the better deal in the long run. The iggest difference I see is smith is more built to be a bruin that seguin, not sying he will ever score as many as seguin but will be the type of player that makes any line he plays on a better line.

Ive been reviewing alot of PCs moves and expanding the reasoning as to why and PC really is one of the top GMs in the NHL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: For those who dwell on the trade

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

That of course being the seguin trade,not sure if this has been brought up before and with the way BDC has been for me trying to get in and load i thought i would post this.

The 2 main bodies to compare are seguin and pevs against Eriksson and Smith. Seguin is the 2nd highest paid player for Dallas, only behind lethonen and add peverlys totals 9m. Adding up Eriksson and smith (also fraser) totals 6.4m Then you still have morrow, no cap hit yet. The trade gave the Bs cap space needed to sign Iggy in a round about way. Comparing points Segs and pevs total 39 and a plus 9 and Erik and smith= 35p pts and plus 12.

All in all when you think of the potential of Fraser ( said to be a scorer everywhere hes been ) and morrow who is doing fine  in providence, I think the Bs got the better deal in the long run. The iggest difference I see is smith is more built to be a bruin that seguin, not sying he will ever score as many as seguin but will be the type of player that makes any line he plays on a better line.

Ive been reviewing alot of PCs moves and expanding the reasoning as to why and PC really is one of the top GMs in the NHL.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of it Wally. PC saw an opportunity to improve the overall team in the long (and short) term but he had to give up 2 pretty good hockey players to do it. I think it was a gutsy move but I also think the current roster of Bruins (when healthy) are better than the team that lost in game 6 of the Finals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of it Wally. PC saw an opportunity to improve the overall team in the long (and short) term but he had to give up 2 pretty good hockey players to do it. I think it was a gutsy move but I also think the current roster of Bruins (when healthy) are better than the team that lost in game 6 of the Finals.

[/QUOTE]

dez, the Bruins won without the scoring exploits of Phil Kessel.  There's no reason to believe they won't do the same without the scoring exploits of Seguin.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

RHO, I couldn't agree more. The organization is deeper now and looking at the stats, it would seem they haven't skipped a beat.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

The piece that you really can't quantify is the impact of the trade to Seguin's career trajectory.  How much was getting traded the kick in the pants that he needed to recommit himself to his game?  Maybe even has become a better pro.

I still think it comes down to how much you trust PC/Cam as compared to Seguin.  They saw flaws in both his game and approach and pulled the trigger to move him.  Smith has been a pleasant surprise and think Eriksson is simply a better fit.  Too bad about Eriksson's concussion woes, no way the team could have expected that.  Morrow is still young (just turned 21 this week) and leads Baby B's in D-man scoring.  Fraser just keeps filling AHL nets with the hope that translates to the NHL some day.

The most important "numbers" when assessing the B's are not goals/assists/points, it's where they fall in the standings.  1st in the Division, 1st in the Conference.  Dallas is 5th in their Division (7 points out) and 10th in the Conference.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The most important "numbers" when assessing the B's are not goals/assists/points, it's where they fall in the standings.  1st in the Division, 1st in the Conference.  Dallas is 5th in their Division (7 points out) and 10th in the Conference.

[/QUOTE]

This is all that matters.  People don't get that.  They think the B's made the trade so they could gets more stats on this or that list.

They made it to improve the team overall and get a better chance at winning the Cup.  And wow.  They traded a leading scorer, a top young gun with an amazing amount of talent and now sit atop the conference.  And two pieces of the trade are still unknown!

What a trade by Chiarelli.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is all that matters.  People don't get that.  They think the B's made the trade so they could gets more stats on this or that list.

They made it to improve the team overall and get a better chance at winning the Cup.  And wow.  They traded a leading scorer, a top young gun with an amazing amount of talent and now sit atop the conference.  And two pieces of the trade are still unknown!

What a trade by Chiarelli.

[/QUOTE]

I agree it is all about winning games.

I think PC made a move that took a lot of balls...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

PC continues to show good decisions in growing the NHL team and rebuilding the pipeline. Look at how well the current "fill-ins" are performing, and do we still have trolls berating Caron and claiming he doesn't have size, speed, and agression ???