For you Bobby Orr fans (and who isn't?)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

For you Bobby Orr fans (and who isn't?)

There are very few professional athletes that I admire as people. Bobby Orr is tops on my list.

Here is a link to a short video piece on Bobby that is in today's Boston Globe.

http://www.boston.com/video/viral_page/?/services/player/bcpid2606570293001&&bctid=2700675642001

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: For you Bobby Orr fans (and who isn't?)

Years ago I was lucky enough to sit up in the luxury boxes at the old Garden.  I happened to walk past Orr on my way to the bathroom, and it was just he and I in the hallway.  I was ready to just give him a quick nod as a hello, but he initiated eye contact and gave me a hearty hello with a smile.  Class act through and through.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Hang - If you live in this area you either have a story like that about Orr or you know someone who has some personal connection to something nice that he did. There aren't many degrees of separation between Bobby Orr and the community. The amazing part to me is how 99.9% of it flies below the public radar. He is a truly humble man who does tons of wonderful things for others with no thought of recognition or getting anything back. Doing good for good's sake is rare, especially when a public figure such as an athlete or celebrity is involved. Orr would be one of my favorite people even had he never laced up a pair or skates.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Since I was a wee boy, he was my hero, and continues to be. Everything I have read and seen, indicates that he is just a down to earth guy, who sees the greatness of life, not himself. "Searching for Bobby Orr" by Stephen Brunt is an excellent read. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

As great a player as he was ... and he was GREAT, Orr is a greater human being.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

His GREATNESS is UNENDING!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ed Burns is shooting the Derek Sanderson movie right now. Don't know if they will base a movie off Orr's new memoir's coming out in October but can't wait for the book. Hope he touches on what it has been like to be an agent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I love that there's still something very "small town" and humble about him after all his success. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

BOBBY ORR : the greatest hockey player of all time !   And such a great and good human being 

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

BOBBY ORR : the greatest hockey player of all time !   And such a great and good human being 

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

stanley thinks krug is better. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Since I was a wee boy, he was my hero, and continues to be. Everything I have read and seen, indicates that he is just a down to earth guy, who sees the greatness of life, not himself. "Searching for Bobby Orr" by Stephen Brunt is an excellent read. 

Ditto all of the above, and the best ever to lace em up.