Formula for tonight: Thomas (in) + Maple Leaf (win) = Neely's Axe down on Julien

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: Formula for tonight: Thomas (in) + Maple Leaf (win) = Neely's Axe down on Julien

I'm so glad you don't sit in the owners box.

In Response to Formula for tonight: Thomas (in) + Maple Leaf (win) = Neely's Axe down on Julien:
    [QUOTE]I truly believe that a Thomas start that results in a loss will be heavily criticized. TT has been overworked while Tuukka's confidence has been getting "shot" all season. Claude is basically killing two birds with one stone without realizing it. The guy is feeling the heat, it's clear as day by playing TT hard ever since Neely's comments. In result, I hope the Maple leafs spank the Bruins 6-3, it may be the best thing that can happen to them. Side note: and to all the fools who thought that the win against ATL was the result of Bruins players playing hard for Julien, time to rethink that theory. As for Claude: Don't let him deceive you by switching up the lines to create more "offensive" opportunities. Simply, this is the way i see it: Different lines, same system...
    Posted by xenimus[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from airbus01. Show airbus01's posts

Re: Formula for tonight: Thomas (in) + Maple Leaf (win) = Neely's Axe down on Julien

In Response to Formula for tonight: Thomas (in) + Maple Leaf (win) = Neely's Axe down on Julien:
    [QUOTE]I truly believe that a Thomas start that results in a loss will be heavily criticized. TT has been overworked while Tuukka's confidence has been getting "shot" all season. Claude is basically killing two birds with one stone without realizing it. The guy is feeling the heat, it's clear as day by playing TT hard ever since Neely's comments. In result, I hope the Maple leafs spank the Bruins 6-3, it may be the best thing that can happen to them. Side note: and to all the fools who thought that the win against ATL was the result of Bruins players playing hard for Julien, time to rethink that theory. As for Claude: Don't let him deceive you by switching up the lines to create more "offensive" opportunities. Simply, this is the way i see it: Different lines, same system...

Tuuka was the first goalie off the ice. Must re-work the formula  Smile

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

While I will agree that CJ is feeling the heat and that Thomas has been overworked and its starting to catch up to him. It has nothing to do with his age, you just cant expect any goalie to bail out the team night in and night out. Thomas has stolen games for this team, which is good and bad, as it puts it in the heads of the players that if they screw up that Thomas will bail them out and now that he is coming back down to earth everyone is blaming CJ for it. The players especially defensively need to step it up. CJ was putting the team in the best position to win because TT was standing on his head and covering for the mistakes, its gonna catch up to the team and it has. Im not saying CJ should get COY, I dont think he has this team where it needs to be. Tuukka hasnt played bad, even against Buffalo the other night,(except that 3rd goal), but when he is in there he is showing that the D really isnt that good. IMO The way this team is going to improve is by improving the defensive zone coverage, They cant continue to allow 30+ shots a night and expect to win consistently. They also need to be more of a possesion team on offense, get rid of the dumb dump and change, let someone carry it in and tie it up in the offensive zone until you get help, or get a shot on net to force the goalie to tie it up. Stop giving away the puck for free. I dont feel this team is as good as their record is, nor as bad as they have played recently. I dont think changing the coach at this point will help, it only sets the team back while learning a new system. I do think that CJ can do things to tweek his system, and open up the offense more, and by having the puck more it lessens the burden on the D and Goalies. I know that there are 2 sides to everything and no system is perfect, Im just offering suggestions for debate. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

In Response to Re: Formula for tonight: Thomas (in) + Maple Leaf (win) = Neely's Axe down on Julien:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Formula for tonight: Thomas (in) + Maple Leaf (win) = Neely's Axe down on Julien : Tuuka was the first goalie off the ice. Must re-work the formula 
    Posted by airbus01[/QUOTE]

He was pulled Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Tuukka hasnt played bad, even against Buffalo the other night,(except that 3rd goal), but when he is in there he is showing that the D really isnt that good. IMO The way this team is going to improve is by improving the defensive zone coverage, They cant continue to allow 30+ shots a night and expect to win consistently. They also need to be more of a possesion team on offense, get rid of the dumb dump and change, let someone carry it in and tie it up in the offensive zone until you get help, or get a shot on net to force the goalie to tie it up.

Very interesting point! IMO Rask needs to steal a game to get his grove back still. But with CJ feeling the heat lately maybe he feels the need to ride thomas to save his own backside.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

I personally never hope my team loses just so I can say "I TOLD YOU SO!" about management.  I am predicting a win tonight, bringing the road trip to an end with a 3-0-2 record, and 21-11-6 overall...3 points ahead in the division with 2 games in hand on the Habs.  You would think we are in last place with all the people standing on the ledge around here...the sky is falling!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogsk8r. Show bogsk8r's posts

I have confidence in this team and know that they can play a lot better and harder than they have.  Here is why I think Julien should be gone:

I can not stand his dump and chase method.  It doesn't work, period!  It's called turning the puck over.  It's pointless and boring.

Julien IS the head cheerleader and that is why they are so hot and cold at times.  Some slow starts and some terrible finishes all start with the man behind the bench.

Since when is Thornton line the number one line?  They log the most time on the ice.  Down by a goal, faceoff in the offensive end, 2 minutes to play and Claude has the Thornton line out there.  Great boost for your top players!

What is Wheeler still doing on the ice?  Kid can't catch a pass, lost speed, and can never get by the D carrying the puck.  Oh, maybe this is why Claude does the dump and chase, my bad.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Formula for tonight: Thomas (in) + Maple Leaf (win) = Neely's Axe down on Julien:
    [QUOTE]I have confidence in this team and know that they can play a lot better and harder than they have.  Here is why I think Julien should be gone: I can not stand his dump and chase method.  It doesn't work, period!  It's called turning the puck over.  It's pointless and boring. Julien IS the head cheerleader and that is why they are so hot and cold at times.  Some slow starts and some terrible finishes all start with the man behind the bench. Since when is Thornton line the number one line?  They log the most time on the ice.  Down by a goal, faceoff in the offensive end, 2 minutes to play and Claude has the Thornton line out there.  Great boost for your top players! What is Wheeler still doing on the ice?  Kid can't catch a pass, lost speed, and can never get by the D carrying the puck.  Oh, maybe this is why Claude does the dump and chase, my bad.....
    Posted by bogsk8r[/QUOTE]
    Wheeler has been greatly improved lately.He's far from the Bruins worst player and in no way should be benched.The Thornton line gets the most ice time?Simply untrue(not even close).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

It doesn't matter what happens tonight, Claude Julien is not going anywhere.  He is under contract for two more years after this one, I believe, and Jacobs is not going to pay him head coach money to be a scout. 

Neely does not have sole authority to fire Julien.  I do not know where people get the idea that he does.  The Bruins could get blown out 10-0 tonight and CJ will still be the coach tomorrow.  Neely might be pissed, but he has no axe to hold over Julien's head.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

No offense, but maybe the 4th line is playing better than the top 3 lines. In fact, I see just as much production from thornton-paille-campbell-marchand than I do from savard-horton-lucic...no goals in last 7 for lucic, last 8 for overated horton hears a hoo, and savard has just 6 points in last 15 games...except in savard's case, he needs a super scorer to pass to instead of the pretenders he has.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

If your happy with points even tho they are outplayed badly and theres no consistency in the game then you will be happy to see them lose out in round 2 of the playoffs again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]If your happy with points even tho they are outplayed badly and theres no consistency in the game then you will be happy to see them lose out in round 2 of the playoffs again.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]
    Should I be happier Wally when boston dominates Atlanta and still loses?I'll take the points when they're there.It's too early in the season to predict anything for the play-offs.After 38 years without a cup,I understand your skepticism though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I'm going to go ahead and predict the status quo.  BTW, where is Horton?  3 prime chances the other night.

And this..
    "While I will agree that CJ is feeling the heat and that Thomas has been overworked and its starting to catch up to him. It has nothing to do with his age, you just cant expect any goalie to bail out the team night in and night out. Thomas has stolen games for this team, which is good and bad, as it puts it in the heads of the players that if they screw up that Thomas will bail them out and now that he is coming back down to earth everyone is blaming CJ for it. The players especially defensively need to step it up. CJ was putting the team in the best position to win because TT was standing on his head and covering for the mistakes, its gonna catch up to the team and it has. Im not saying CJ should get COY, I dont think he has this team where it needs to be. Tuukka hasnt played bad, even against Buffalo the other night,(except that 3rd goal), but when he is in there he is showing that the D really isnt that good. IMO The way this team is going to improve is by improving the defensive zone coverage, They cant continue to allow 30+ shots a night and expect to win consistently. They also need to be more of a possesion team on offense, get rid of the dumb dump and change, let someone carry it in and tie it up in the offensive zone until you get help, or get a shot on net to force the goalie to tie it up. Stop giving away the puck for free. I dont feel this team is as good as their record is, nor as bad as they have played recently. I dont think changing the coach at this point will help, it only sets the team back while learning a new system. I do think that CJ can do things to tweek his system, and open up the offense more, and by having the puck more it lessens the burden on the D and Goalies. I know that there are 2 sides to everything and no system is perfect, Im just offering suggestions for debate."
    ..is a wall of text.

But, to comment on your point about the system moogfan35, the system isn't the problem, really.  The coaching style is.  Every winning coach has a certain persona about them.  I don't know that CJ is one of them.

That said, he did help turn things around.  So, who ever replaces him has to be even better.  And, I don't know that Scotty Bowman, Lou Lamarillo or Mike Babcock is available.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

[QUOTE]I'm going to go ahead and predict the status quo.  BTW, where is Horton?  3 prime chances the other night. And this.. "While I will agree that CJ is feeling the heat and that Thomas has been overworked and its starting to catch up to him. It has nothing to do with his age, you just cant expect any goalie to bail out the team night in and night out. Thomas has stolen games for this team, which is good and bad, as it puts it in the heads of the players that if they screw up that Thomas will bail them out and now that he is coming back down to earth everyone is blaming CJ for it. The players especially defensively need to step it up. CJ was putting the team in the best position to win because TT was standing on his head and covering for the mistakes, its gonna catch up to the team and it has. Im not saying CJ should get COY, I dont think he has this team where it needs to be. Tuukka hasnt played bad, even against Buffalo the other night,(except that 3rd goal), but when he is in there he is showing that the D really isnt that good. IMO The way this team is going to improve is by improving the defensive zone coverage, They cant continue to allow 30+ shots a night and expect to win consistently. They also need to be more of a possesion team on offense, get rid of the dumb dump and change, let someone carry it in and tie it up in the offensive zone until you get help, or get a shot on net to force the goalie to tie it up. Stop giving away the puck for free. I dont feel this team is as good as their record is, nor as bad as they have played recently. I dont think changing the coach at this point will help, it only sets the team back while learning a new system. I do think that CJ can do things to tweek his system, and open up the offense more, and by having the puck more it lessens the burden on the D and Goalies. I know that there are 2 sides to everything and no system is perfect, Im just offering suggestions for debate." ..is a wall of text. But, to comment on your point about the system moogfan35, the system isn't the problem, really.  The coaching style is.  Every winning coach has a certain persona about them.  I don't know that CJ is one of them. That said, he did help turn things around.  So, who ever replaces him has to be even better.  And, I don't know that Scotty Bowman, Lou Lamarillo or Mike Babcock is available.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Hey bim,
     I agree that his laid back style is probably part of the issue,as they say a team takes on the coaches personallity, he seems to be more of the "good guy coach", there is a place for coaches like that, but I dont think that they work on teams expected to compete for a title. I also feel that his system focuses to much on Defense and it handcuffs the offensive guys who have to worry more about dumping it in and being safe in the offensive zone, to me it seems that his system is setup to be mistake free, always make the safe play instead of taking chances.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Lou Lamoriello ??  Good one .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Formula for tonight: Thomas (in) + Maple Leaf (win) = Neely's Axe down on Julien:[QUOTE]In Response to Formula for tonight: Thomas (in) + Maple Leaf (win) = Neely's Axe down on Julien : I personally never hope my team loses just so I can say "I TOLD YOU SO!" about management.  I am predicting a win tonight, bringing the road trip to an end with a 3-0-2 record, and 21-11-6 overall...3 points ahead in the division with 2 games in hand on the Habs.  Posted by fordprefect[/QUOTE]

Well said I agree.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

8 pts on a 5 game road trip = success.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

maybe Julien should get some credit for a good road trip, or is it only reserved for the players.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]maybe Julien should get some credit for a good road trip, or is it only reserved for the players.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    Only blame for the coach.No kudos  for CJ.If the team loses it's his fault and if they win it's in spite of him.....