Forsberg retiring today!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Forsberg retiring today!

This just in.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=353836

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Forsberg retiring today!

One of the players I grew up idolizing. They are almost all retired now.

Forsberg
    Recchi
    Bourqe
    Stevens
    Chelios
    Messier
    Neely

Hell of a career. Much like Neely's IMO. Did sooo  much in a such a short career. True class act awesome player. The game needs more guys like him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Makes you really appreciate Mark Recchi eh?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Question: Since he is a 35+ contract, do the Avs have to pay him for the remainder of the season?  If so, dick move.  You would hope there would be some sort of 30 day money back guarantee for situations like this haha.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The 35+ rule comes in to play on the second-or-later year of multi-year contracts, so they should be in the clear.  They've got plenty of cap space and he wasn't paid much, so it wouldn't hurt them if that weren't the case.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

At least he knew he's done after giving it a valiant effort and yes jozee it does make me appreciate Recchi more than I already do.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

and think of that post that said trade for him.  seriously.

and now how many posts that say the Bruins should coax him out of retirement.