Four Teams in the Mix for Luongo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Four Teams in the Mix for Luongo?

According to Gillis:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419615

I wonder who the crazy 4 GM's are or if Gillis is just blowing smoke again....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Four Teams in the Mix for Luongo?

Im guessing both floridas, wash and toronto

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I think winnipeg

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Perhaps, there were some weak reports about TO inquiring about Kiprusoff which seems a little odd considering the old guy is having a horrible season.

Maybe Phaneuf can go back the other way....I hear he was well liked in Calgary.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

I think winnipeg

They have a good keeper.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What Gillis has said that he wants for Bobby Lou in the past is hysterical. If wants that contract gone then he shouldn't ask for so much. I think a change of scenary would help Roberto, he has been good at times this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

What Gillis has said that he wants for Bobby Lou in the past is hysterical. If wants that contract gone then he shouldn't ask for so much. I think a change of scenary would help Roberto, he has been good at times this year.

and that's why he's still stuck with him.   Maybe he absorbs part of the cap hit this time around ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

33 year-old back-up goalie with a .904 SV% and 9 years left on his contract at an annual cap hit of $5.33M.  Not to mention that the contract is front-loaded, so you get to pay $6.7M over the next 5 years before it drops.

And there are 4 GM's battling for this?  If Gillis pulls this off he should be executive of the year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

and that's why he's still stuck with him.   Maybe he absorbs part of the cap hit this time around ?

In the MLB maybe but I don't think you can do that in the NHL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Looks like TO unlikely to be one of the teams. Luongo nixed a deal earlier in the year to go there:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/luongo-refused-to-waive-no-trade-to-join-leafs/

Who would have thought NTC/NMC's would be sucha pain in  the a**.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

There's only one team that makes sense.

The Islanders.

Thomas and Luongo united.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Oddly enough, the Islanders really are the only other team where such a stupid contract would make sense....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 2m

@aaronward_nhl: Calgary Flames have granted Toronto Maple Leafs permission to talk to Kiprusoffs representatives #TSN”/Back in the saddle.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

I know Kipper is having a horrible season but look at the team in front of him. The Flames are soooooo bad. If he was on a decent team he would be a monster again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrogdorZing. Show TrogdorZing's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

What Gillis has said that he wants for Bobby Lou in the past is hysterical. If wants that contract gone then he shouldn't ask for so much.I think a change of scenary would help Roberto, he has been good at times this year.

In the MLB maybe but I don't think you can do that in the NHL.

You can pay part of contract now when trading.