Fraser weighs in

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Fraser weighs in

Good article
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384640#YourCallTop
    Basically says Looch should have gotten a double minor and no gate, and that Lapierre should have gotten a double minor and a game misconduct for third man in.
    His interpretation then was, Lapierre would be gone, Looch would stay in, and the Bruins would have been on 5-4 PK, not a 5-3. Seems to make sense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Fraser weighs in

How half the rink was involved in that scrum and no one got a third man in is one of many questions I have for the officials.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I love reading Fraser's articles, but the current refs must looooove having a Tuesday morning quarterback.

I would caution Bruins fans (and the organization) to let it rest a bit. Last thing anyone wants is for our team to be the one pointing fingers and crying foul. Leave that to the professional crybabies and divers. Hopefully Chiarelli's response will be the end of it, and they move on. It's the Bruins' M.O. to do just this, so I'm hopeful the Jets game will be a time to re-focus.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Further proof that O'Rourke and Van Massinghoven are prejudicial when working a Bruins game. The bruins will accept Peter's, and Claude's perspective , and move on. I would love to see Caron back as he could work the PK with Bergie as well as being in the right position on the ice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Fraser weighs in:
    [QUOTE]I love reading Fraser's articles, but the current refs must looooove having a Tuesday morning quarterback. I would caution Bruins fans (and the organization) to let it rest a bit. Last thing anyone wants is for our team to be the one pointing fingers and crying foul. Leave that to the professional crybabies and divers. Hopefully Chiarelli's response will be the end of it, and they move on. It's the Bruins' M.O. to do just this, so I'm hopeful the Jets game will be a time to re-focus.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Very true. I wonder if Fraser has broken an unwritten rule among the refs with this position he has taken up?

It is so easy for him to sit back in hindsight and critique what happens in a specific game. Not defending the refs in that particular game but Fraser must drive the current refs crazy with his monday morning quarterbacking.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

"I love reading Fraser's articles, but the current refs must looooove having a Tuesday morning quarterback."

-------------------

I think it's great that there's a former ref critiquing calls that are being made in the game today. It's informative and is different from the past when bad calls were pushed under the rug by the league with no explanation at all. Fraser tells it like it is. He has a new job now with TSN and doesn't have to worry about coddling the refs like the NHL does.

From what I've read his retiring from the NHL wasn't on the best of terms. With his new job he doesn't work for the NHL anymore so he doesn't owe them anything.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

No wait this guy doesn't know anything, he bias and wears Bruin underwear....
    Love how Vancouver fans keep saying that only in Boston the officiating was viewed bias (and of course Chicago fans).
    I think that whole F-up by the refs conditioned the game from the get-go,  the rest was lost to play on an even sheet of ice. 
    The refs lost the game.
    Bruins should not have lost one of their best players and not have gone down 5 on 3 and Kessler scoring.
    That's the bottom line !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]I love reading Fraser's articles, but the current refs must looooove having a Tuesday morning quarterback. [/QUOTE]

He's backed up the refs a bunch of times as well. Every other person in the league is open to reasonable critique, why not the refs?
    I really appreciate his articles, because I can't recall any other columnist who has actually broken down all the rules, analysed each call, and used personal experience to back it up before. Something unique in sports columns. I respected him as a ref, but now I love him as a writer. His analysis of how the refs blew this makes a lot of sense to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think Fraser's articles are fantastic.  There's so much to read on hockey and so much of it is the same, boring perspectives or recaps.  This is a different perspective, that of a well-known, respected referee who can balance all of the possible thoughts that go into a call.  As red says, everyone else is subject to review and critique.  Refs should be too, and Fraser is very fair about it, IMO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i still can't wrap my head around a stick to the face/neck, then 6 guys jumping one, them having an extra skater on ice, people on the bench also participating = bruins killing a penalty. hash it out however you want, how does this make sense? thornton and burroughs should be slashing and roughing. even up. matching fighting to horton and his dance partner. extra to lapierre for jumping in, extra to lucic for jumping in(headlock). even up all around. if anything penalize the canuck bench as the extra penalty. anyways, it's over, it just burns me that bruins nearly always get extra penalties when any scuffle happens. it's maddening.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Fraser weighs in : I still can't figure out how Lapierre is 4th man in and throws punches from behind and he didn't get a game misconduct. That game was bagged for Vancouver before the game started.  The slightest sign of any activity from any B's player was certainly going to be an excuse.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]
    I thought it might be a tightly reffed game, but looking back on it and the way the refs seemed to want to get the B's in back up mode right from the beginning is kind of fishy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Thannks Red,
    Worth the  read.

Formerly

No4BobbyOrr-GOAT