Freaking Bored

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Re: Freaking Bored

I won't stop watching hockey but when I watch it will be from a couch which will cost the NHL good money. So they might not lose fans but they will lose money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I won't stop watching hockey but when I watch it will be from a couch which will cost the NHL good money. So they might not lose fans but they will lose money.

[/QUOTE]

Please explain why you not going to a Bruins game "will cost the NHL good money"? Do you think that if you don't go to the game then nobody else will buy the ticket? The Bruins most commonly are sold out. You're definitely overvaluing yourself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Crazy how I watch just about every game of the B's sitting on my couch in CBUS, Ohio, but for whatever reason, its not really bothering me right now that hockey isnt and wont be on. Maybe in the coming months it will bother me, but not right now. If the season is shortened by 10 -15 games then I will most likely purchase the NHL package, but if it gets to the point that half the season or more is lost, I wont be purchasing the NHL Package and most likely wont watch any of the season. I hated the half season in 05 and hated the fact that there was a stanley cup. Its a tainted cup win by the Devils, because they didnt have the grueling grind of the full season. It still wouldnt matter if the B's won it that year. I would not have thought of them as SC champs.

I'll say this, the 82 game schedule is too long. They should cut it back 10 games to 72 and get rid of the NHL All star weekend. Big waste of time that makes an already too long of a season, Longer. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please explain why you not going to a Bruins game "will cost the NHL good money"? Do you think that if you don't go to the game then nobody else will buy the ticket? The Bruins most commonly are sold out. You're definitely overvaluing yourself.

[/QUOTE]

Before I started with season tickets the bruins couldn't give away tickets. They played to a half empty crowd. Who's to say that will not happen again. If they don't win a cup in the next three seasons the pink hats will stop going to games and watching from home. The hockey market in Boston is based on winning they don't they lose the majority of fans. Do you remember the seasons from 00-09 you could get tickets to any game. And if your asking if they will be able to find someone to dedicate a large sum of money for season tickets after a lockout I'm going to say no they will not. Since I know of many ticket holders that are dropping out after this season. Who's to say they will be able to fill all those empty seats. It's all opinion at this point but I would look to the bruins crowd to start getting smaller and smaller unless they win a cup in the next three yrs. look at the red sox..... And their are more die hard Red Sox fans in New England than the bruins. They lose money by me watching from home without a doubt. Not going to close them down but if they lose 5,000 ticket holders over the next three yrs they won't be looking to good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

So, you're basically telling us that you're a fair weather fan who only bought season tickets for the B's when they were winning and if they don't win, you're out.

Thanks for clarifying that you're a pink hat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, you're basically telling us that you're a fair weather fan who only bought season tickets for the B's when they were winning and if they don't win, you're out.

Thanks for clarifying that you're a pink hat.

[/QUOTE]

You just read my mind sir. Cheers!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Self critical remark.

Only in this world of ours are "hard core addicts" the top of the food chain and "casual user" is a low life term to be avoided.

And the more addicted, the better.  Paint your basement black and goal and make it a shrine to the Bruins and this amount of obsession is considered awesome.

Really, should we be spending more of our time increasing the GNP and feeding the sick and tending to the hungry and all that sort of thing?

Wait a minute.  Just got an email.  A buddy of mine does business in China and is going to bring me back some Bruins replica jersies for $30 a pop!  Is that not awesome or what?  So far I got Bourque for myself, Seguin for my wife, and he thinks he can get me Orr and Bergeron.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

You both must read at a third grade level if that's what you got out of my statement. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]

You both must read at a third grade level if that's what you got out of my statement. 

[/QUOTE]

Maybe because you write at a Grade 3 level. Really, you need to proof read your "statement".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let us break it down:

Before I started with season tickets the bruins couldn't give away tickets.

- Missing a comma between tickets and the.

They played to a half empty crowd.

- The building might be half empty, but the crowd cannot be.

Who's to say that will not happen again.

- This is a question, therefore it should end with a question mark.  It looks like this:  ?

If they don't win a cup in the next three seasons the pink hats will stop going to games and watching from home.

- The topic is buying season tickets.  Why does it matter if pink hats (like yourself) watch from home?

The hockey market in Boston is based on winning they don't they lose the majority of fans.

- This is two sentences, possibly three, or a miraculous run on sentence. 

Do you remember the seasons from 00-09 you could get tickets to any game.

- This is a question, therefore it should end with a question mark.  It looks like this:  ?

And if your asking if they will be able to find someone to dedicate a large sum of money for season tickets after a lockout I'm going to say no they will not.

- There are way too many things wrong with this "statement".

Since I know of many ticket holders that are dropping out after this season.

- Fragment.

Who's to say they will be able to fill all those empty seats.

It's all opinion at this point but I would look to the bruins crowd to start getting smaller and smaller unless they win a cup in the next three yrs. look at the red sox..... And their are more die hard Red Sox fans in New England than the bruins.

- Way too many errors to point out here.

They lose money by me watching from home without a doubt.

- If you're watching from home without a doubt, why do they lose money?

Not going to close them down but if they lose 5,000 ticket holders over the next three yrs they won't be looking to good

-  Is "good" a verb?

So, as you can see, you write at a third grade level.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm wondering when was the last time the Bruins played a home game in which the half the seats were unfilled. When was this, because even when they were not that good they still had well over 50% capacity filled.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let us break it down:

Before I started with season tickets the bruins couldn't give away tickets.

- Missing a comma between tickets and the.

They played to a half empty crowd.

- The building might be half empty, but the crowd cannot be.

Who's to say that will not happen again.

If they don't win a cup in the next three seasons the pink hats will stop going to games and watching from home.

- The topic is buying season tickets.  Why does it matter if pink hats (like yourself) watch from home?

The hockey market in Boston is based on winning they don't they lose the majority of fans.

- This is two sentences, possibly three, or a miraculous run on sentence. 

Do you remember the seasons from 00-09 you could get tickets to any game.

And if your asking if they will be able to find someone to dedicate a large sum of money for season tickets after a lockout I'm going to say no they will not.

- There are way too many things wrong with this "statement".

Since I know of many ticket holders that are dropping out after this season.

- Fragment.

Who's to say they will be able to fill all those empty seats.

It's all opinion at this point but I would look to the bruins crowd to start getting smaller and smaller unless they win a cup in the next three yrs. look at the red sox..... And their are more die hard Red Sox fans in New England than the bruins.

- Way too many errors to point out here.

They lose money by me watching from home without a doubt.

- If you're watching from home without a doubt, why do they lose money?

Not going to close them down but if they lose 5,000 ticket holders over the next three yrs they won't be looking to good

-  Is "good" a verb?

So, as you can see, you write at a third grade level.

[/QUOTE]

OMG; This is funny stuff! Nicely done NAS! How's my grammar? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm wondering when was the last time the Bruins played a home game in which the half the seats were unfilled. When was this, because even when they were not that good they still had well over 50% capacity filled.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe during the blizzard of '78?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

NAS can't comment on my grammar, or my granpa.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NAS can't comment on my grammar, or my granpa.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he absolutely can but chooses not to.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What's the world coming to when Dez isn't going to give me grief for a really corny joke?

I guess maybe all of us have that thousand yard stare when it comes to hockey nowadays.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And I think "can't" is acceptable when used euphemistically like that.

i.e. "betcha can't top this."

Plus it's a lot more punchy than;

"NAS may not comment upon my grammar, nor my grampa."