From DOTTIE on a positive note

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

From DOTTIE on a positive note

I hope this brings some peace to some of you.  Patience brothers , patience.

Posted by Dottie on the Celtics forum:

Folks, most of the items you've listed are not errors or mistakes or bugs ... they are features that we could not replicate from the previous software before launch because of the deadline we were given. They all will be restored as we work through our list of outstanding items. They include:  

> Edit your post  
    > Gold stars to jump to your last unread post  
    > Ignore a user  
    > Add an image  
    > Colored fonts  
    > Change your avatar  
    > Add a signature  
    Etc.  

There are bugs, which are to be expected with a project as massive as this one: We imported more than half a million user accounts (along with all the associated avatars, userIDs, member since and last post dates), more than 3 million forum posts, and who knows how many millions of article comments. And we had to make that data, all originated in another company's software, fit and work into the platform we were building.  

We have a list of all of the bugs, including those you noted, and our devs are working through them now. We know that the bad words filters is malfunctioning (related to the "S" issue). We know that when you type in this comment box and use return at the end, your cursor disappears off the box. We know that some of the WYSIWYG tools at the bottom of the comment box aren't working. And we know that many of you keep getting logged out between browser sessions.  

I apologize for the annoyances, but believe me, several developers are on this full-time. These items all will get restored, and the bugs fixed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Re: From DOTTIE on a positive note

Well, seeing as how we don't have a hockey season to get involved in, Boston.com has lot's & lot's of time to get the kinks worked out here. I can only imagine what topics will b discussed here if there is no hockey to talk about....time for another beer and some CFL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nice find BS, hopefully sooner rather than later.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

That's reassuring to read. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I wanted to see if Dottie responded on some of the other forum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Several full time developers can't figure out how to mark a post or thread as unread?

Time to get new developers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

She never responded to my private messages.

I even complimented her Yellow Lab.

I take it back.

I prefer Chocolate Labs.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Good to hear... and she is right that it is a pretty daunting task. I wonder why their deadline was so short.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins in that order.... nice find BS but the picture of respect is duly noted.  My daughter works for a major web site company, I am listening but I do not believe the urgency is a priority at BDC.  This does not mean I do not respect the changes as projected but the "manpower" alloted to such a "monsterous" task?.... I am trying to be positve but if the numbers are in the million of postings then make it work now for the marketing of your product will fail.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I wouldn't think adding features would be so difficult... It's been over a week.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

let's give them a plus for continuing