Game 1: NYR v. Bruins (16/05/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Game 1: NYR v. Bruins (16/05/13)

TSN reporter John Lu asked Marchand post-game if the hate portion of his nickname was returning after being largely missing during the Leaf series.  Marchand said he knows the refs are watching him closely so he has to stay away from "the stupid stuff" because he doesn't want to put his club a man down. 

With tonight's pool cue shot to Callaghan's figs and whispering sweet nothings in Dorsett's ear to rile him up perhaps Marchand is being more subtle but no less effective in his agitating.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

In response to stinkman's comment:

Big Z wearing the army jacket in the press conference 

He should do bad B action movies when he retires. What a monster.

BEAST ! Don't know how he does it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

Totally Bs. I really liked that line tonight. All three seemed to find chemestry. And as long as Seguin is slumping, I would keep Jagermeister on that 2nd unit.

Seguin will fight out of his slump, that line with the exception of the late goal they caused played well, better than when Jagr was on that line .  Jagr style just did not fit with those 2, we saw he had some chemistry with Marchand in the season, good move by Julien.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

I don't completely hate Jagr, I just think Seguin works better. 

Oh joy, Torts is talking.

He was himself let me tell ya. Very honest, no excuses , he said the Bruins spanked them in the OT. Period !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

TSN reporter John Lu asked Marchand post-game if the hate portion of his nickname was returning after being largely missing during the Leaf series.  Marchand said he knows the refs are watching him closely so he has to stay away from "the stupid stuff" because he doesn't want to put his club a man down. 

With tonight's pool cue shot to Callaghan's grapes and whispering sweet nothings in Dorsett's ear to rile him up perhaps Marchand is being more subtle but no less effective in his agitating.

Marchand told Peirre that Recchi text him and told him to keep his head up. It must have worked.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

"in the overtime we never regrouped"

"it was a surge we couldn't stop it"

"what are you asking me, your questions are way too complicated"

"I thought it was pretty even going into overtime but we got spanked in overtime"

Looking at reportee's like he wants to rip their head off.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

With tonight's pool cue shot to Callaghan's figs and whispering sweet nothings in Dorsett's ear to rile him up perhaps Marchand is being more subtle but no less effective in his agitating.

That cracked me up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

talk about setting the tone on that PP, BEST one of the season and playoffs . They played it entirely in the Rangers end.

Did any iso cameras pick up Ward turning around to the fans behind the bench, pointing to his now swelled chest saying "That's my power play!  That's my power play!"  It was impressive as hell.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Army Ranger (as opposed to NY Rangers) jacket that Chara wore to the press conference is different than the one Bergeron was wearing.  Make sense.  What fits one won't fit the other!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The powerplay sure does look different with Seguin at the point and Jagr on the half wall.

It creates a little more confusion than the stationary around-the-horn system we've been watching.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

That cracked me up.

So did the look on Callaghan's face after he turned around to see who gave him the bolo shot down under.  He's still got it, NAS.  As you said earlier it's a big part of his game to get the opposition off their's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

This was one of those games that are a bit hard on the eyes but have a good ending. Sloppy play by both sides during the first two periods. 

I know a lot of you don't want to accept that Jagr didn't have a great game, but it was pretty evident that he was having some trouble tonight. I thought he looked a bit tired (he even started short shifting himself later in the game on a few occasions). Made some bad decisions. It happens. Hopefully he will come back stronger next game.

The three rookies played pretty well in my opinion. Krug scored his first NHL point on a good shot from the top of the circle and played well defensively, Hamilton had 1 (even though it could have been 2 had Horton not mishandled that pass), and even though Bart was a minus he didn't look out of place.

Both goalies let in some goals that they would like to have back. This could have easily been a 1-0 or 2-1 game.

It is my hope that this game is not an indicator of the rest of this series. If it is, this series may not be the most exciting series in playoff history. But if the B's win, I guess I can live with it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The Army Ranger (as opposed to NY Rangers) jacket that Chara wore to the press conference is different than the one Bergeron was wearing.  Make sense.  What fits one won't fit the other!

LOL... it was short sleeved.   He could hardly shrug his shoulders becauise it was too tight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

That cracked me up.

So did the look on Callaghan's face after he turned around to see who gave him the bolo shot down under.  He's still got it, NAS.  As you said earlier it's a big part of his game to get the opposition off their's.

Figs LOL... never heard that one before.  Callaghan turns , looks around and you could read his lips.  "  Fawk ! "

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

He needs a big n tall 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

This was one of those games that are a bit hard on the eyes but have a good ending. Sloppy play by both sides during the first two periods. 

I know a lot of you don't want to accept that Jagr didn't have a great game, but it was pretty evident that he was having some trouble tonight. I thought he looked a bit tired (he even started short shifting himself later in the game on a few occasions). Made some bad decisions. It happens. Hopefully he will come back stronger next game.

The three rookies played pretty well in my opinion. Krug scored his first NHL point on a good shot from the top of the circle and played well defensively, Hamilton had 1 (even though it could have been 2 had Horton not mishandled that pass), and even though Bart was a minus he didn't look out of place.

Both goalies let in some goals that they would like to have back. This could have easily been a 1-0 or 2-1 game.

It is my hope that this game is not an indicator of the rest of this series. If it is, this series may not be the most exciting series in playoff history. But if the B's win, I guess I can live with it.

THG, if it means the Bruins win the series I could watch both teams engage in a best of seven contest to boil eggs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

With tonight's pool cue shot to Callaghan's grapes and whispering sweet nothings in Dorsett's ear to rile him up perhaps Marchand is being more subtle but no less effective in his agitating.

Marchand told Peirre that Recchi text him and told him to keep his head up. It must have worked.

Keep his head up in regards to not losing confidence having not scored before tonight?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The powerplay sure does look different with Seguin at the point and Jagr on the half wall.

It creates a little more confusion than the stationary around-the-horn system we've been watching.

When Seguin can get himself set up for the onetimer instead of stopping the puck and stops shooting at the goalies emblem, we will see some goals. Tyler stands still when Jagr wants to do the cross ice pass.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to jozee76's comment:

And the Red Sox are showing a bit of life!

This is a hockey board please --

Hockey -- A game played by warriors willing to withstand lacerations, major bruises and tooth extractions with little or no stoppage in play.

Baseball -- A game played by pansies who will sit out with a hangnail.

Baseball suks..... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Figs LOL... never heard that one before.  Callaghan turns , looks around and you could read his lips.  "  Fawk ! "

In empathy I was grabbing my own.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Keep his head up in regards to not losing confidence having not scored before tonight?

Confidence 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

i was gonna ask if anyone thought the Bruins would sit back in the third... but now they can't. maybe this is better than we thought?

Wait. So we want the Rangers to score because it's better for Boston's compete level? Oy.

You should see how they  compete down three...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

This is a hockey board please --

Hockey -- A game played by warriors willing to withstand lacerations, major bruises and tooth extractions with little or no stoppage in play.

Baseball -- A game played by pansies who will sit out with a hangnail.

Baseball suks..... 

Ovechkin played two games with a broken bone in his foot!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

When Seguin can get himself set up for the onetimer instead of stopping the puck and stops shooting at the goalies emblem, we will see some goals. Tyler stands still when Jagr wants to do the cross ice pass.

San, what difference do you see in his positioning for the onetimer as opposed to Stamkos who seems to be able to regularly get off the shot?  Seguin seems to have the D close in on him quickly preventing his release.  Is he in too close?  Too far away?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Once Tyler slows down his game, he'll take a big jump. Will only take time and muscle. You can't teach speed and he's already picked up his D game.