Game 18: Lightning at Bruins GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Game 18: Lightning at Bruins GDT

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2012020303

"Anton Khudobin will start in goal. Tuukka Rask had started the last five games. First, they are the only team in the NHL not to have scored a power-play goal at home (0-for-26), but they're third-best in the NHL at home on the penalty kill at 89.7 percent, a factor that contributes to their 5-1-1 record at TD Garden. Overall, they had put together a streak of 27 consecutive penalty kills that ended on Jim O'Brien's goal in the second period Thursday, which helped propel the PK to the top of the League at 93.9 percent. Bergeron's goal gave him seven points in his last five games.

While not as amazing as last season, the Bruins continue to look impressive in the plus/minus column, with Tyler Seguin (plus-13) third in the NHL and Bergeron (plus-12) seventh. Injury report: Lightning defenseman Sami Salo (lower body) did not play Thursday and is still considered day-to-day. Same applies for forward Ryan Malone (lower body) but he hopes to return sometime during the road trip"

"Ghislain Hebert and Eric Furlatt will be the referees. Matt MacPherson and Greg Devorski will be the linesmen."

Ghislain Hebert and Eric Furlatt will be the referees. Matt MacPherson and Greg Devorski will be the linesmen. - See more at: http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/03/game_18_lightni.html#sthash.8lztNfvO.dpuf

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Game 18: Lightning at Bruins GDT

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"Anton Khudobin will start in goal. Tuukka Rask had started the last five games. First, they are the only team in the NHL not to have scored a power-play goal at home (0-for-26), but they're third-best in the NHL at home on the penalty kill at 89.7 percent, a factor that contributes to their 5-1-1 record at TD Garden. Overall, they had put together a streak of 27 consecutive penalty kills that ended on Jim O'Brien's goal in the second period Thursday, which helped propel the PK to the top of the League at 93.9 percent. Bergeron's goal gave him seven points in his last five games.

While not as amazing as last season, the Bruins continue to look impressive in the plus/minus column, with Tyler Seguin (plus-13) third in the NHL and Bergeron (plus-12) seventh. Injury report: Lightning defenseman Sami Salo (lower body) did not play Thursday and is still considered day-to-day. Same applies for forward Ryan Malone (lower body) but he hopes to return sometime during the road trip"

"Ghislain Hebert and Eric Furlatt will be the referees. Matt MacPherson and Greg Devorski will be the linesmen."

Ghislain Hebert and Eric Furlatt will be the referees. Matt MacPherson and Greg Devorski will be the linesmen. - See more at: http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/03/game_18_lightni.html#sthash.8lztNfvO.dpuf

Oh Oh, hope these guys aren't staying to do the B's/Scabs game the following day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Sorry Sandog u beat me to the game day post my bad Go Bruins

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

"Ghislain Hebert and Eric Furlattwill be the referees.

Oh Oh, hope these guys aren't staying to do the B's/Scabs game the following day.

No tomorrow will be Dezs favorites, Don Van Massenhoven and Dan O'€™Halloran lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

No tomorrow will be Dezs favorites, Don Van Massenhoven and Dan O’Halloran lol

Oh for fook sakes, these guys don't like the B's, the Scabs will be on an all day PP,count on it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I like when I don't know the refs by name.  Anonymous refs are good refs in my book.

When you know their names, it's usually because people complain about them.

See:  Lee

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

No tomorrow will be Dezs favorites, Don Van Massenhoven and Dan O’Halloran lol

My faves are Tim Peel and Chris Lee as they're both my friends from childhood. Peelsie and I used to have some epic battles about hockey during the playoffs. Strangely though, he was always more into football than hockey. Chris Lee was actually a decent D-man back in the day. Hell of a nice guy too. I should clarify that I've seen many terrible calls from these guys too. It's bound to happen until they can get robots to do the job.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Read it again, 50.

I understood Nas, Massenhovan isn't very good either, didn't he do the B's/Nucks game last year and O'Halloran might have been the other ref come to think of it.Unless of course i'm missing something which is entirely possible. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Read it again, 50.

I understood Nas, Massenhovan isn't very good either, didn't he do the B's/Nucks game last year and O'Halloran might have been the other ref come to think of it.Unless of course i'm missing something which is entirely possible. 

No, that was my mistake.  I needed to read it again!

I tried to edit it before you had to respond.  Like Alan Pederson, I was just too slow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

My faves are Tim Peel and Chris Lee as they're both my friends from childhood. Peelsie and I used to have some epic battles about hockey during the playoffs. Strangely though, he was always more into football than hockey. Chris Lee was actually a decent D-man back in the day. Hell of a nice guy too. I should clarify that I've seen many terrible calls from these guys too. It's bound to happen until they can get robots to do the job.

And while you were writing this, I was editing above and mentioned Lee.  I've only heard his name mentioned when people complain that he calls a lot of penalties.  I try really hard to ignore the refs.  The days of Van Hellomond, Fraser and Donut are long gone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

No, that was my mistake.  I needed to read it again!

I tried to edit it before you had to respond.  Like Alan Pederson, I was just too slow.

He sure was, but you know i never minded Al on the B's, did the best with the talent he had. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

And while you were writing this, I was editing above and mentioned Lee.  I've only heard his name mentioned when people complain that he calls a lot of penalties.  I try really hard to ignore the refs.  The days of Van Hellomond, Fraser and Donut are long gone.

His rise through the ranks happened fast. It seemed like he went from working games in my mens industrial league to the NHL in a matter of months. It probably took a bit longer though considering I remember when he was a young enough minor hockey ref that he was paid in soda and hot dogs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

By Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff
    Based on pregame warmups:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
    Chris Bourque-Chris Kelly-Rich Peverley
    Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
    Dennis Seidenberg-Dougie Hamilton
    Andrew Ference-Adam McQuaid

Anton Khudobin
    Tuukka Rask

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Pandolfo in, Thornton out...just announced

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Pandefo in Thornton out. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I spelled that one wrong this IPad just keeps sticking on me 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

Pandolfo in, Thornton out...just announced

Woo!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Okay, Shupe.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Get it right Fluto and happy for Pandolfo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Okay, Shupe.

I am trying believe me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Just hoping for Seguin and Kelly to get going.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Okay, Shupe.

I knew that was coming.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

SanDog ou found your calling ... GDT !! 

I'll be the 1st to propose SanDog as the board GDT poster

anyone 2nd that ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

anyone 2nd that ?

Right here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

anyone 2nd that ?

Whoe ver gets their 1st. Stinkman, JM or Kelv works as well.

Bourque with Pandolfo and Campbell on the 4th line.