Game 22: Blues at Bruins GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Game 22: Blues at Bruins GDT

Good morning from TD Garden, where the Bruins will start a three-game homestand tonight against the Blues.

Kevan Miller, recalled from Providence Wednesday on an emergency basis, will make his NHL debut tonight. Dennis Seidenberg (lower body) and Adam McQuaid (undisclosed) will not play.

Seidenberg is day-to-day. Seidenberg appeared to injure his left leg during a net-front collision with Derek Dorsett on Tuesday in New York. Coach Claude Julien said Seidenberg might be back within a week from the time of the injury.  McQuaid participated in his first morning skate today since the injury. It’s possible McQuaid could return on Saturday against Carolina, especially if he engages in battle drills during practice tomorrow.

Puck drop: 7 p.m. TV/radio info: NESN (Jack Edwards, Andy Brickley, Jamie Erdahl), 98.5 The Sports Hub (Dave Goucher, Bob Beers) Records: Blues 14-3-3, Bruins 14-6-1

Projected Bruins lineup:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Jarome Iginla
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Loui Eriksson
    Carl Soderberg-Chris Kelly-Reilly Smith
    Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Dougie Hamilton
    Matt Bartkowski-Johnny Boychuk
    Torey Krug-Kevan Miller

Tuukka Rask
    Chad Johnson

Healthy scratch: Jordan Caron

Storylines: The Bruins had their penalty-killing streak snapped on Tuesday by the Rangers. They had killed 32 straight penalties before Derick Brassard scored a second-period power-play goal… St. Louis has the league’s best power play (25.7 percent)… The Blues like to mix it up. Ryan Reaves (60 penalty minutes) is their strongman. Reaves and Shawn Thornton could tangle tonight… Kevin Pollock and Don Van Massenhoven will be the referees. Brian Murphy and Tim Nowak will be the linesmen."

Boston last defeated the Blues at TD Garden on Jan. 30, 2001.

The Bruins have outscored opponents 13-4 while winning four in a row at home, and Rask has stopped 84 of 86 shots in starting three of those games.

Maintaining that success could be even more important with St. Louis expected to turn to Jaroslav Halak in goal. He's coming off a 23-save effort in Tuesday's 4-1 win at Buffalo, two days after being pulled in the second period for allowing three goals on six shots in a defeat by the same score at Washington.

Halak has won his last two games in Boston via shootouts, stopping 78 of 81 shots through overtime. That includes 33 saves and three more in the tiebreaker opposite Rask in November 2010.

St. Louis' Alexander Steen is among the league leader with 26 points, while his 17 goals tie him with the Capitals' Alex Ovechkin for the most in the NHL. However, the center -- who had 27 points last season -- has been kept off the score sheet in back-to-back games after a career-high 13-game point streak. Steen has five goals and eight assists over his last nine visits to Boston, including one point in each of the past four."

The Blues! Want too see more from the 2nd line tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Game 22: Blues at Bruins GDT

I can't wait for this game, should be a good one. To this day I still think of Oates to Hull when watching the Blues...Anyone else remember after the Oates to Boston trade the Bruins were in St. Louis and as the B's were leaving the ice after warm up Oates set up Hull one more time. WSBK TV38 caught it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

This will be fun.  I like watching the Blues play.  Lots of talent, hitting, size, speed.  A good test.

Of course Sobotka will score, in the obligatory I-used-to-play-here-so-I'm-gonna-score phenomenon.  Oshie will flatten somebody and Chris Stewart will do something to remind everybody what a jerk he is. 

A night to have Thornton in the lineup, as the Blues have a straight up goon in Reaves.  Not a good matchup for Thornton either and he could get hurt in that fight.

I believe that Hannu Toivonen will be in net for the Blues and we can finally see who won the Yetiberg affair.  No? Gone? Nevermind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I haven't watched Steen play yet this season, it'll be nice to see him and whether he can maintain his unbelievable pace so far.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This will be fun.  I like watching the Blues play.  Lots of talent, hitting, size, speed.  A good test.

Of course Sobotka will score, in the obligatory I-used-to-play-here-so-I'm-gonna-score phenomenon.  Oshie will flatten somebody and Chris Stewart will do something to remind everybody what a jerk he is. 

A night to have Thornton in the lineup, as the Blues have a straight up goon in Reaves.  Not a good matchup for Thornton either and he could get hurt in that fight.

I believe that Hannu Toivonen will be in net for the Blues and we can finally see who won the Yetiberg affair.  No? Gone? Nevermind.

[/QUOTE]

No kidding, the one that used to bug me the most was Mariuz "the Polish Prince" Czerkawski, never scored playing for the B's but when he came back as an Islander seemed to score every game he played against the Bruins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't wait for this game, should be a good one. To this day I still think of Oates to Hull when watching the Blues...Anyone else remember after the Oates to Boston trade the Bruins were in St. Louis and as the B's were leaving the ice after warm up Oates set up Hull one more time. WSBK TV38 caught it.

[/QUOTE]

I remember that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Hmm, just saw Steen is UFA after this season - maybe finally a solution for Winnipeg's woes at centre?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha77. Show tremha77's posts

Really excited to see how they do tonight.  St. Louis matches up well against the B's talent and grit wise.  should be a really good indicator for the B's.  They wont do well if they play the same as the Ranger game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:[QUOTE] Hmm, just saw Steen is UFA after this season - maybe finally a solution for Winnipeg's woes at centre? [/QUOTE]

Will the Jets spend though ? Or do they just stay with the Colorado formula - Wait for draft picks too come through ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:[QUOTE] A night to have Thornton in the lineup, as the Blues have a straight up goon in Reaves.  Not a good matchup for Thornton either and he could get hurt in that fight. [/QUOTE]

And don't open that Roman P0lak door!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to red75's comment:[QUOTE] Hmm, just saw Steen is UFA after this season - maybe finally a solution for Winnipeg's woes at centre?

Will the Jets spend though ? Or do they just stay with the Colorado formula - Wait for draft picks too come through ?

[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but they have the money and will have the cap space. They'll also need to replace Jokinen next season (which is more than fine by me) and don't have a lot of centres in the pipeline. Steen could be a good fit, and at least with him there'd be none of these "nobody wants to play in Winnipeg" comments. If Chipman was willing to write the cheque, and I think he would be, he'd likely be an easy signing and a piece they need. Then again, Steen may want to steer clear of the Jets because it would likely put extra pressure on him - that could be a deterrent.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hmm, just saw Steen is UFA after this season - maybe finally a solution for Winnipeg's woes at centre?

[/QUOTE]

Agreed Red, Steen would be a fit for the Jets for many good reasons. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

SHOULD BE A ROCKUS OPENING ~

**BOBBY ORR ** DROPS THE CEREMONIAL PUCK !!!!!!

tidbit:
    Since Bobby Orr's game-winner in 1970, Boston teams have swept St. Louis in title games ("70 Cup, "02 SB, '04 and '13 World Series')

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Excited to see Pietrangelo play against the B's. Every time I watch him he seems to get better that the previous time. They've got the real deal in that kid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:[QUOTE] Hmm, just saw Steen is UFA after this season - maybe finally a solution for Winnipeg's woes at centre? [/QUOTE]

Will the Jets spend though ? Or do they just stay with the Colorado formula - Wait for draft picks too come through ? [/QUOTE]

If Chipman was willing to write the cheque, and I think he would be, he'd likely be an easy signing and a piece they need. Then again, Steen may want to steer clear of the Jets because it would likely put extra pressure on him - that could be a deterrent. [/QUOTE]

Or playing with Kane would be awesome. So Chipman is raking it on truly faithful, fans loyalty. The 2014 UFA group is pretty darn good too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Now this is a yardstick game... let's see how the Bruins measure up!

GO BRUINS!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed Red, Steen would be a fit for the Jets for many good reasons. 

[/QUOTE]

Wonder if the Leafs wouldn't mind having that '09 trade back of Steen (and Coliacovo) to St. Louis for Lee Stepniak?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Wonder if the Leafs wouldn't mind having that '09 trade back of Steen (and Coliacovo) to St. Louis for Lee Stepniak?

[/QUOTE]

It's the Leafs - there's lots of trades they'd like to have back.

And yeah dez - there's a bunch of upsides to the Jets trying to acquire Steen, both on and off the ice. San, the idea of Steen and Kane on the same line is pretty appealing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's the Leafs - there's lots of trades they'd like to have back.

And yeah dez - there's a bunch of upsides to the Jets trying to acquire Steen, both on and off the ice.

[/QUOTE]

It's in their DNA, red.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to jaymiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

tidbit:
    Since Bobby Orr's game-winner in 1970, Boston teams have swept St. Louis in title games ("70 Cup, "02 SB, '04 and '13 World Series')

[/QUOTE]

Anyone read his new book? I'm just about through it and wondering what others think of it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jaymiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

tidbit:

[/QUOTE]

Anyone read his new book? I'm just about through it and wondering what others think of it.

[/QUOTE]

Haven't yet, 4ever but I'm going to.  Until this book I'd read Stephen Brunt's Searching For Bobby Orr was the definitive read.  If you've read both how does the new book compare to that one?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Way to get back up and throw a hit Paille!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of all the former players -- I really miss Sobotka. See him on a regular basis via Center Ice. The kid is quite the fireplug. Works hard all the time and plays way above his size.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

dead even so far... Bruins moving the puck well