GAME 25 : Bruins at Red Wings GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: GAME 25 : Bruins at Red Wings GDT

In response to zamboni24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Leafs -- ZERO shots on goal in the 3rd and the OT. Leafs may have advantage in SO with Bernier vs Zatkoff.

[/QUOTE]

Paint me dead wrong -- Zatkoff stops both Bozak and Clarkson. What was Carlyle thinking?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Pure stinker, show me a team over the course of a season that doesnt have a couple of these. Rangers up next.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Well well well ...I had the winning team...I had the bruins to score only one goal....not so bad for a prediction ....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The Wings earned every bit of this victory,outplayed the B's at every turn, a real clunker of a game as the Bruins looked like this was their 4th game in 3 nights. This is one game,not a pattern,its a long season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well well well ...I had the winning team...I had the bruins to score only one goal....not so bad for a prediction ....

[/QUOTE]

Enjoy it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Detroit earned the W.  Give 'em credit - at home; they needed a win.  These things will happen against good teams.   

Nothing to cry about, other than 1-6 is a bit ugly on paper.  

Heck, it'll be nice when they take it out on the NYR and the CBJ over the weekend.  CJ ain't gonna settle for 2 stinker efforts in a row.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Its not about the points or the way you played in the past games to get a point or 2, its how you play the game win or lose, you do it with an effort thats far better than how than how the Bs played last night. Grant it Detroit played a speed game that the bruins simply could not adjust to, losing puck battles there they are a team designed not to lose to.

Theres no crybabies here, anyone who doesnt admit the team as a whole was just flat out awfulare certainly dlilerious.

Now with back to back games coming up starting tomorrow I can only hope they show a better effort.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

detroit was flawless, that's what the Bruins do sometimes also. Chalk it up and go forward

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is like saying "well, Iginla scored to break the shutout, so not a bad game by the Bruins."

Mostly because the Bruins pulled Thornton from the lineup and laid the biggest egg they've laid this season.  After weeks of you "predicting" that they were underachieving - in fact, they should have a perfect record - because they dressed ST.  Egg.  Big Egg.  Did ST out and Caron in have anything to do with that egg?  Nope.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I was in and out after the first period yesterday, and I missed the four minute stretch where the game got out of hand, but the Bruins didn't look like they were getting run out of the building in the first.  The Abdelkadr goal looked like a perfect example of what even Babcock called the Wings' puck luck last night.  End of a PP, a Wing falling on the puck deep in Detroit's zone (refs should have blown that dead with a PK defender down on the ice killing time), Bruins get caught three deep and Eriksson can't get back in time to pick up Abdelkadr.  Bergeron played Franzen pretty well, I thought, and Bartkowski eliminated Helm, and it sure looked to me like that was intended for Helm and JA just happened to be in the right place.  I saw a lot of that kind of thing last night.  Lots of things went Detroit's way, and very few Boston's.

The only thing I'll say about that is that they made too many soft plays.  Puck luck seems to follow doing everything hard.  Crisp passes, hard dump ins, take it forward.  Lots of turnovers on soft 5 foot passes, little touch chips, that kind of thing.  When those aren't working, they kill you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Out of a possible  164 points a team is probably going to make the playoffs by garnering about a 104 points more or less . That means they're going to lose 30 games . These rough calculations are win/lose and don't tale into account overtime losses.

With 7 losses and close to 1/3 of the season behind them B's are in fine shape

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to skater68's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Out of a possible  164 points a team is probably going to make the playoffs by garnering about a 104 points more or less . That means they're going to lose 30 games . These rough calculations are win/lose and don't tale into account overtime losses.

With 7 losses and close to 1/3 of the season behind them B's are in fine shape

[/QUOTE]

actually about 95 should be safe.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is like saying "well, Iginla scored to break the shutout, so not a bad game by the Bruins."

Mostly because the Bruins pulled Thornton from the lineup and laid the biggest egg they've laid this season.  After weeks of you "predicting" that they were underachieving - in fact, they should have a perfect record - because they dressed ST.  Egg.  Big Egg.  Did ST out and Caron in have anything to do with that egg?  Nope.

[/QUOTE]

Caron and ST are the 2 freakin lemons of this season....put them on waivers,buy them out or do something ...Matt Fraser has already 11 goals with the P-Bruins, Johnson 9 and Spooner 16 points and all the speed in the world why the heck do we stick with Caron and ST please tell me ...how many times will. I have to post on this before PC wakes up .???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Davinator's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jmwalters's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Davinator's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No Shawn Thornton = no one to 'get things started' when we need a shakeup during the game. And they need something.

[/QUOTE]

ST doesn't fight anymore so your point is moot.

[/QUOTE]

Well, it is a moot point now...but someone needed to light a spark at 2-0.

[/QUOTE]

What would Thornton do to light a spark though? He's less useful this year than he's ever been. The team showed up with cement skates tonight. There's nothing Thornton would've changed.

[/QUOTE]

Especially against a Detroit team that doesn't engage in that way. 

[/QUOTE]

Disagree.  Hockey is not black and white.  Thornton's value is not in fighting alone.  When he's on the ice that line sometimes rises above itself to inject energy and motivation into the team.  It's not just from the fighting or not fighting.

Tonight the line looked completely average.  Caron may turn out to be a good player, but he does nothing for that line or, frankly, for the Bruins.  With Thornton the line might have had a stronger effect.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The Boston Bruins Hockey Club

I/C Peter Chiarilli

100 Legends Way

Boston, Massachusetts  02114

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Caron and ST are the 2 freakin lemons of this season....put them on waivers,buy them out or do something ...Matt Fraser has already 11 goals with the P-Bruins, Johnson 9 and Spooner 16 points and all the speed in the world why the heck do we stick with Caron and ST please tell me ...how many times will. I have to post on this before PC wakes up .???

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Been paying attention to the last couple of weeks in Providence?  Fraser hasn't scored. Johnson is also ice cold.  Spooner's ice cold.  What the heck have they done to suggest they'll make the team better in the (wait for it...)  NHL?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Wasn't able to fully pay attention to this one, but tuned and saw a complete and sudden EXPLOSION of line combinations by Claude?!?

- Can't figure it out. Every line was jumbled!? And Claude never does that!?

And yet Claude will be an assistant under Babcock at Sochi. It was weird, like Claude had a Canadian Line (Lucic/Smith!?/Marchand...A Euro-Line: Soderberg/Krejci/Eriksson...and then another Canadian Line;...Smith/Bergeron/Iginla.

I don't get it! No one was injured. Why playing guys together who never play together?! Against Detroit?! IN Detroit!!?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Wasn't able to fully pay attention to this one, but tuned and saw a complete and sudden EXPLOSION of line combinations by Claude?!?

And yet Claude will be an assistant under Babcock at Sochi. It was weird, like Claude had a Canadian Line (Lucic/Smith!?/Marchand...A Euro-Line: Soderberg/Krejci/Eriksson...and then another Canadian Line;...Smith/Bergeron/Iginla.

I don't get it! No one was injured. Why playing guys together who never play together?! Against Detroit?! IN Detroit!!?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

oops sorry! My point/question wasn't THAT good!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

again, sorry 'Lucic/Kelly/Marchand'

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to gord11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

again, sorry 'Lucic/Kelly/Marchand'

[/QUOTE]

Gord, I think CJ just saw an opportunity in the 3rd to experiment against real competition. The Bruins weren't making any comebacks last night by the time he did the full overhaul on the top 3 lines.