GAME 25 : Bruins at Red Wings GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: GAME 25 : Bruins at Red Wings GDT

Just thought I'd point out something - in 2011 when the Bruins won the Cup they got absolutely shellacked in the regular season by the Red Wings. The score?

6-1. (February 11th game - and that was a home game)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"...I think CJ just saw an opportunity in the 3rd to experiment against real competition. The Bruins weren't making any comebacks last night by the time he did the full overhaul on the top 3 lines. " - 'dezaruchi'

That's what I kinda hoped was happening and why...but I'd a shuffled the deck chairs on Lines 2 and 3, but it's pretty hard to improve on Line 4 and it's pretty hard to beat 'Lucic/Krejci/Iginla' league-wide

Eriksson/Bergeron/Soderberg

Marchand/Kelly/Smith

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

In response to gord11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"...I think CJ just saw an opportunity in the 3rd to experiment against real competition. The Bruins weren't making any comebacks last night by the time he did the full overhaul on the top 3 lines. " - 'dezaruchi'

That's what I kinda hoped was happening and why...but I'd a shuffled the deck chairs on Lines 2 and 3, but it's pretty hard to improve on Line 4 and it's pretty hard to beat 'Lucic/Krejci/Iginla' league-wide

Eriksson/Bergeron/Soderberg

Marchand/Kelly/Smith

[/QUOTE]

Was the shuffling more to take guys out of their comfort zone? It's funny, with all of our debating about line configurations here on the forum, I don't think ANYBODY was calling for what Claude came up with lol. It was almost madness. I don't recall any of our regulars making a case for Looch with Kelly or Krecji and Soderberg. Btw Gord, I'm with you on the 2nd and 3rd lines. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Just thought I'd point out something - in 2011 when the Bruins won the Cup they got absolutely shellacked in the regular season by the Red Wings. The score?

Forget it Red, these moron's think a game makes a season. Hell, some of them think a period makes a season. The B's as a whole have been fine, there's players that are struggling, but what's great about this team is that where one struggles, another steps up. Marchand's struggles has been scratched by Smith's & Soderbergs overall game. Anyone who thought these two would be doing what they are 1/3 into the season would be considered a liar. The B's are exactly where they should be. At top, or close to the top of the conference. Their goals against is tops in the league & the goal scoring is middle of the pack. Last nite was a "quicksand" game. It seemed everytime a Bruin made a defensive mistake the Wings capitalized. They kept sinking deeper with every struggle they made. Why these individuals are so thick they can't just see it for what it is, (a bad game) is mind boggling. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to red75's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Forget it Red, these moron's think a game makes a season. Hell, some of them think a period makes a season. The B's as a whole have been fine, there's players that are struggling, but what's great about this team is that where one struggles, another steps up. Marchand's struggles has been scratched by Smith's & Soderbergs overall game. Anyone who thought these two would be doing what they are 1/3 into the season would be considered a liar. The B's are exactly where they should be. At top, or close to the top of the conference. Their goals against is tops in the league & the goal scoring is middle of the pack. Last nite was a "quicksand" game. It seemed everytime a Bruin made a defensive mistake the Wings capitalized. They kept sinking deeper with every struggle they made. Why these individuals are so thick they can't just see it for what it is, (a bad game) is mind boggling. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anybody is hanging themselves in the shower over this one game, regardless of how emotional the loss was for them. All of these game day threads end up getting around 125 posts...just like this one. When we win some of them argue over who most closely predicted the outcome. At least this thread had a little different subject matter. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

But when was the last time Bruins had a laugher win. Even Carolina took them to overtime. I know a win is a win, but every game is a struggle this season. Not sure this will be good enough to beat the Hawks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yep & it won't be the last one this yr either.

[/QUOTE]

You're correct Nite. It happens over the course of a season. No big deal. A team's ability should be judged on their best games. There's very little to be learned from their worst.

[/QUOTE]
    What pizzes me off more than anything is how some of the cry babies only show their ugly pusses when the B's are playing poorly during a game, or when they're on a losing streak. Soxfan & kitchener are 2 of the worse for that! 

[/QUOTE]
    People watched the game and commented on what they were watching only crying is comming from you,isn't that the ideal of the game thread.No one game doesn't make a season,who said that it did personally don't care how many games they win during the reg season just make the playoffs,when they win I will make positive comments and when they play like crap I'm going to express my feelings to.So get over it.Really what did I say Marchand wasn't playing well ,you disagree with that,somebody commented that Bruins young def where having a bad game,I said so was Chara,and I said they should pull Rask,not because it was his fault,if it wasn't for Rask they probably wouldn't have most of there wins.If these comments make me a bad fan to bad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But when was the last time Bruins had a laugher win. Even Carolina took them to overtime. I know a win is a win, but every game is a struggle this season. Not sure this will be good enough to beat the Hawks.

[/QUOTE]

But the Hawks can not be champions either because they lost to Nashville 7-2.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

But the Hawks can not be champions either because they lost to Nashville 7-2.

Thank You Orr! My thoughts exactly. The Hawks beat the Flames 3-2 twice this season! That means they suck. Do people not realize how ridiculous they sound when they make statements like this? There's 29 other teams in this league that all have some sort of roller coaster ordeal. The difference's happens to the teams that have the least amount of downward slopes & the depths of them. So far the B's haven't had many slopes.