Game 3: Avalanche vs. Bruins (10/10/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Game 3: Avalanche vs. Bruins (10/10/13)

"It will have been exactly two years since the Bruins played the Avalanche. Colorado won, 1-0, on Oct. 10, 2011.

"They're the real deal as far as some young guys really turning the corner there," coach Claude Julien said. "I think they're a real good skating team. When you look at them yesterday, their forecheck was real aggressive and they're a quick team. "They went after Toronto pretty good. I think it's going to be important that we're sharp in our puck movement and sharp also in moving our feet if we want to play well against these guys."

In other news, Carl Soderberg skated again by himself before Bruins practice at Ristuccia Arena. The winger is still not yet ready to practice with the team. Asked about sending him to the AHL to get ready to return to the NHL, Julien said, "We’re not there yet, to be honest with you."

The lines were the same as they have been in the first two games."

"No Carl. Same lines. White: Lucic-Krejci-Iginla/Gold: Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson/Grey: Caron-Kelly-Smith/Merlot: Paille-Campbell-Thornton.

or those wondering: D pairs to start=Chara-Boychuk, Seids-Hamilton, Krug-McQuaid but really, all rotate w/each other throughout practice.

Re: D pairs, Coach told us yest. Bartkowski would get in the lineup at some pt. "don’t expect to see him in the stands for a whole month"^CS"

Long days between games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Game 3: Avalanche vs. Bruins (10/10/13)

I think the Avs top 3 forward lines are as good as just about anyone, but their D-men stink.

Some fun tidbits to watch:

-MacKinnon, who's been very good so far.

-Downie vs. Chara, these two always seem to mix it up with Downie playing pest until the big guy finally has had enough.

-Roy back on the opposing bench in Boston

-I predict a McLeod-McQuaid scrap

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

A little early there San but I like your enthusiasm.

Anyone else going to the game?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

is this the year for Duchene? I love his game and expect him to be one of the better players in the league. I like how Roy has them playing an uptempo game, theyre skilled up front, might as well play to their strength. I think this is a fun team to watch play. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

is this the year for Duchene? I love his game and expect him to be one of the better players in the league. I like how Roy has them playing an uptempo game, theyre skilled up front, might as well play to their strength. I think this is a fun team to watch play. 

Agreed with this.  They are much more fun to watch than in past years.  Youth, speed and skill up front and an up tempo style.  I think they'll be a very interesting matchup with the Bruins too.  

I predict the B's knock them from the ranks of the undefeated though.

Duchene looks great.  Buzzing everyone, one of the best skaters in the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

Finally the NHL is injecting some variety into their otherwise boring schedule. It is great that we will get to see other teams and other players go up against the Bruins.  They should consider the same type of approach in the playoffs instead of "same old, same old".

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Beating Patreek Roo-wa is fun.

I think I will enjoy tomorrow's game. The Av's are much like the Leafs - good upfront, not to good outback.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Been beakin at my buddy Matt saying he better be well rested, because his AV's players are gonna need a lot of TLC from him once the B's are done with them. Laughing

I quote from Matt. "I still get flack from Joey & Footsy about you being up in our box at the Pepsi Center wearing a B's Jersey doing the Ray Bourque one knee, one arm shuffle when the Bruins scored against us! You're such a freakin' A-H0le Nitemare! Debbie (Joe's wife) was laughing to kill herself though! Should be a great game...Love watching Chara & Lucic's a beast when he plays his game. Boston's one of my favourite cities....reminds me of home & the seafood is fantastic!"

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Beating Patreek Roo-wa is fun.

I think I will enjoy tomorrow's game. The Av's are much like the Leafs - good upfront, not to good outback.

If the 3rd line keeps playing like they have been, yes the Avs Dmen will get exposed. They won't be able to handle the Bs.

Nothing like seeing Patricia pout!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Been beakin at my buddy Matt saying he better be well rested, because his AV's players are gonna need a lot of TLC from him once the B's are done with them. Laughing

I quote from Matt. "I still get flack from Joey & Footsy about you being up in our box at the Pepsi Center wearing a B's Jersey doing the Ray Bourque one knee, one arm shuffle when the Bruins scored against us! You're such a freakin' A-H0le Nitemare! Debbie (Joe's wife) was laughing to kill herself though! Should be a great game...Love watching Chara & Lucic's a beast when he plays his game. Boston's one of my favourite cities....reminds me of home & the seafood is fantastic!"

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

Why don't you come visit your buddy Matt in Denver soon, nite?  I'll provide the tickets (if he doesn't).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Avs ex nordiques from joe sakic to duchesne . Stil remember Sakic first game he was wearing #88 snd a visor agsinst the Hartford whalers.  Colorado has a nice future with matt ,Gabriel and nathan will be  fun to wa tch them tomorrow but bruins will take it. Colorado not ready for prime time yet. 

How is Duchene related to the Nordiques?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Avs ex nordiques from joe sakic to duchesne . Stil remember Sakic first game he was wearing #88 snd a visor agsinst the Hartford whalers.  Colorado has a nice future with matt ,Gabriel and nathan will be  fun to wa tch them tomorrow but bruins will take it. Colorado not ready for prime time yet.

Thanks Québecor I feel so much better with your vote of confidence.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

[QUOTE]

Why don't you come visit your buddy Matt in Denver soon, nite?  I'll provide the tickets (if he doesn't).

[/QUOTE]

I'll be going out there when the B's are in town Fletch. The weekend of 21st of Mar. We'll discuss some plans, but Matt is good friends with Don DelNegro, B's practice, go down to the room meet some of the players. Dinner at Joe Sakic's house where the twins will chase me around trying to make me put on a Pat Roy Jersey! It'll be a blast! 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The fans can help win this one, seriously.

If the "Roo-wa" chant starts early and for nothing, Patrick will lose it faster than he normally would.

I would so love to see Roy injure himself when he tries to break something.

Hopefully the fans can get to Roy.  Nothing I'd like to see better than that former Hab to get his team spanked 14 nothing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

The fans can help win this one, seriously.

If the "Roo-wa" chant starts early and for nothing, Patrick will lose it faster than he normally would.

I would so love to see Roy injure himself when he tries to break something.

Hopefully the fans can get to Roy.  Nothing I'd like to see better than that former Hab to get his team spanked 14 nothing.

Do you really think that matters?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Do you really think that matters?

Some guys respond to taunting, and while I'm not sure about Roy, it sure wouldn't hurt.

For those of us who remember the good old days, it would be kind of fun.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Nothing really to add here, but just freaking praying that the prospect of an actual game to discuss will get people off of the Phil Kessel/Davey's dinner thread and discussing the sequencing of the religious affiliations of the British monarchy and various key events in American history.

Are you not entertained?!?!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=21238

"Krug's mobility, Krejci's vision, Iginla's one-timer... B's finding right mix on the power play to start 2013-14"

@NHLBruins

"Lucic and Krejci not on the ice this morning. ^CS"

There goes BadHab running to his computer..."What does that mean they are not on the ice ?"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Nothing really to add here, but just freaking praying that the prospect of an actual game to discuss will get people off of the Phil Kessel/Davey's dinner thread and discussing the sequencing of the religious affiliations of the British monarchy and various key events in American history.

What's your stance on abortion Book?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'll be going out there when the B's are in town Fletch. The weekend of 21st of Mar. We'll discuss some plans, but Matt is good friends with Don DelNegro, B's practice, go down to the room meet some of the players. Dinner at Joe Sakic's house where the twins will chase me around trying to make me put on a Pat Roy Jersey! It'll be a blast! 

Cool, I'll be there.  I actually got down to meet the players after the game the last time the B's were out here, but I have no idea if that option will be available again.  I may try to join you at B's practice and take my nephew along.  Keep me posted.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

What's your stance on abortion Book?

Funny, but please no.

Any lesser lights on this squad that we should watch for Fletch?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Not sure if that is an actual dig at me, but I was just doing that in as a joke. Threads (that one and the TT one in particular) are way to argumentative lately. Disagreements will happen, but some posters here seem to have taken the 'im right and wont be told/convinced otherwise' route.

Back to business....

Psyched to see Roy in Boston tonight!  Id really like to see the Bergeron line put up a few points and start meshing!