Game 31: Bruins vs. Maple Leafs GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Game 31: Bruins vs. Maple Leafs GDT

The Bruins will not have a morning skate on Monday. Coach Claude Julien will speak to the media, however. Julien scrambled his sagging trios in Sunday's late-morning workout at the Garden, with the key move being the promotion of Brad Marchand to first-line left wing. It looks as if he'll start there tonight in place of Milan Lucic, who has gone 0-8–8 in his last 15 games, the longest goal-scoring drought of his career. The L'il Ball o' Hate moves in for the Big Ball of Confusion. Dupont zingers abound!

None of Lucic's four goals this season has been against a club that currently holds a playoff berth. Ouch KPD but desevedly so! It appears Lucic will begin the evening on a trio with Rich Peverley and Jordan Caron. Peverley is by far the fastest in that combination and will have to calibrate his speed accordingly.

In their four stops on the road (Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, Ottawa and Toronto), the Bruins worked with a lead for only 32:40 of the 240 minutes played (13.6 percent of the time). They trailed slightly more than half the time (121:08). Only once, in Winnipeg, did they carry a lead (1-0) into the third period, and they ultimately lost to the Jets (3-1).

Despite chiseling out only one win in the four games away from Causeway, the Bruins outshot the opposition in each game and finished with a 122-84 shot edge. Holding the opposition to an average of just over 20 shots a night should translate to something better than .250 hockey."

Keep shooting, pick up the hitting and don't leave Tuukka hanging out to dry. Again the line changes will or won't work. I have a good feeling about this game for some reason, can't explain it but home cooking has someting to do with it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Game 31: Bruins vs. Maple Leafs GDT

They better bring it tonight. They need a game like that Dallas game a few years ago. Need to get them engaged and angry. They need that chip on their shoulder. It's almost like they won the cup and feel like they have nothing left to prove.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Rask needs to make some big saves and the offense that only scored 3 goals in the last 4 games need to step up ....

We nned a win ...looking forward to see Paille with Bergeron and Seguin ..

Prediction : Paille will score 2 goals

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I thought Marchand was already on the first line though. I hope that doesn't mean Pandolfo will be on a line with Bergeron. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Projected lineup:

Brad Marchand-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
    Daniel Paille-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
    Milan Lucic-Rich Peverley-Jordan Caron
    Jay Pandolfo-Greg Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Aaron Johnson
    Dennis Seidenberg-Dougie Hamilton
    Andrew Ference-Matt Bartkowski

Tuukka Rask
    Anton Khudobin

- See more at: http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/#sthash.FeNNIL01.dpuf

Hm.  Lucic on 3rd line.  Bet that got his attention.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Projected lineup:

Brad Marchand-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
    Daniel Paille-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
    Milan Lucic-Rich Peverley-Jordan Caron
    Jay Pandolfo-Greg Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Aaron Johnson
    Dennis Seidenberg-Dougie Hamilton
    Andrew Ference-Matt Bartkowski

Tuukka Rask
    Anton Khudobin

Scratches: Adam McQuaid; Chris Kelly, Johnny Boychuk, Lane MacDermid

Storylines: Lucic's last goal was Feb. 24 vs. Florida. He has gone 1-8–9 over the last 18 games ... Horton has been almost as abysmal on right wing, connecting for only one goal since Feb. 28. He has gone a meager 2-5–7 in the 16 games since Feb. 21. Both big wingers have been on a March to nowhere ... Bergeron continues to ride the top of the Boston scoring chart with his 8-18–26 ...

Nazim Kadri (34 points) and ex-Bruin Phil Kessel (30 points) pace the Toronto offense ... If the playoffs started today, the Bruins, in fourth place in the East, would face Ottawa. The Leafs, in sixth, would take on Winnipeg ... Paille has the speed to succeed as a top-six winger, but his past promotions to top scoring units have typically resulted in lack of production. Rarely, though, has he had the opportunity to fly with partners as skilled as Bergeron and Seguin ...

Seguin and Marchand were the only top-six wingers to score on the four-game trip. Paille had the only other goal scored by a Boston forward. Blueliners Dennis Seidenberg (2) and Andrew Ference combined for Boston's other three goals ... The erratic Leafs lost five straight before going 2-0-1 last week, including Saturday's 3-2 edging of the Bruins ... The Leafs have played two more games than the Bruins, and have outscored the Black-and-Gold, 97-86."

Would have liked to see Caron with Bergeron. Paille with Peverley and Lucic. That's ok though lines can be tweaked. Milan creating space for Peverley very interesting...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

2 of the fastest skaters on the 2nd line, Seguin and Paille, should be interesting

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

2 of the fastest skaters on the 2nd line, Seguin and Paille, should be interesting

I agree and I like it when lines get juggled a bit. I gives you that anticipation feel before the game of someting new. I don't like the rason why but it has to be done without new personel coming in at the moment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Krejci dishing to Marchand, sounds interesting, we'll see soon enough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like Paille alot better on the bottom 2 then the top 2 lines. He's played very well, but he's better at shuttng down opposing top players then trying to score against them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I like Paille alot better on the bottom 2 then the top 2 lines. He's played very well, but he's better at shuttng down opposing top players then trying to score against them.

Anyone can play with bergie.   His speed is a weapon.  i like this change.  Shake things up.  Whats the worst thing that could happen.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Funny stat:

Martin Brodeur has had more points over the last 2 seasons (1 g, 5 a) than Pandolfo (1 g, 3 a).

Ouch....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm all for the line changes but let's see if it's too much for Paille.  This experiment has been done already and hasn't worked.  He won't be playing against Orr and company, being on the 2nd line he'll play against much better players.

With this being said he's earned the opportunity.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I suspect that's why Julien picked him rather than Lucic.  He wants to make sure Bergeron's line is still highly capable of shutting down their opposition.  Lucic is, and likely always will be, too much of a liability in that respect.  If it isn't working, and the Bruins are behind, I would expect Lucic and Paille to end up switching.  Or Julien will revert to the old lines.  I guess we shall see.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Krejci dishing to Marchand, sounds interesting, we'll see soon enough.

And this could wake Krejci up!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

San does Krejci need awakening? He's played well aside from his recovery game after nearly having his kneecap blown to pieces.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

San does Krejci need awakening? He's played well aside from his recovery game after nearly having his kneecap blown to pieces.

Lam, I think Krejci turned in a few pre injury stinkers too. He's been good overall but he should be better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Hm.  Lucic on 3rd line.  Bet that got his attention.

[/QUOTE]

Move Horton to the fourth line too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In my mind the Krejci line had & has been guilty of way overpassing the puck, too much thinking going on, shoot he damn puck !!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In my mind the Krejci line had & has been guilty of way overpassing the puck, too much thinking going on, shoot he damn puck !!

No argument on that 50. I could also say the same about Seguin after he passed one from inside the circles on Saturday night. I could barely believe my eyes.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

If Claude uses the 3rd line to bash and bang, this move could be a good one. Horton needs to wake up and start hitting, and firing on goal, or Kreji/Marchand will be a twosome. Campbell will probbaly get more ice with other lines, no sense in giving line 4 more than 4 minutes total.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Funny stat:

Martin Brodeur has had more points over the last 2 seasons (1 g, 5 a) than Pandolfo (1 g, 3 a).

Ouch....

100% with you on this one jmwalters.....SHAME on the Bruins for having this player on the roster....

25. This post has been removed.