Game 34: Flamers v Bruins (12/17/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Game 34: Flamers v Bruins (12/17/13)

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Alright who's the weisenhiemer that went onto NESN and voted for "Youngblood" as best hockey movie ?

[/QUOTE]

I liked Youngblood better than the Mighty Ducks! I'll take "Tea with Miss McGill" over the stupid "Knucklepuck!" 1000x more. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

wally - keep dreaming

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

So far Berra has been playing well, but man there's been some juicy rebounds that I wish the B's would get some puck luck & cash in on. Really like Spooner's game especially in his own end. Would love to see him get rewarded tonight. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Look at that footwork by the big guy down low!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:[QUOTE] Alright who's the weisenhiemer that went onto NESN and voted for "Youngblood" as best hockey movie ?

[/QUOTE] I liked Youngblood better than the Mighty Ducks! [/QUOTE]

Do you still have your Patrick Swayze "Dirty Dancing" poster ?

LoL

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So far Berra has been playing well, but man there's been some juicy rebounds that I wish the B's would get some puck luck & cash in on. Really like Spooner's game especially in his own end. Would love to see him get rewarded tonight. 

[/QUOTE]

nite, I think you should use more cliches.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sure had a brutal first shift, did Cunningham.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure had a brutal first shift, did Cunningham.

[/QUOTE]

That's a Brick/Beers special right there.  Drives me nuts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nite, I think you should use more cliches.

[/QUOTE]

Your parents hated you so much your bath toys were an iron & a toaster. How's that for a cliche'? Up yours! LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:[QUOTE] Alright who's the weisenhiemer that went onto NESN and voted for "Youngblood" as best hockey movie ?

[/QUOTE] I liked Youngblood better than the Mighty Ducks! [/QUOTE]

Do you still have your Patrick Swayze "Dirty Dancing" poster ?

LoL

[/QUOTE]

Don't fawkin insult me like that again Dawg! This is the only poster I had buddy, so get it right biche!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Your parents hated you so much your bath toys were an iron & a toaster. How's that for a cliche'? Up yours! LOL

[/QUOTE]

nite, you're a freakin' riot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Was there a game  thread tonight?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just celebrating the start of my holidays my friend. Been a long, long semester.

[/QUOTE]

ENJOY jmwaler !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Earliest Hollywood attempt at making a hockey movie.  1937, starring John Wayne of all actors.  Fascinating viewing as a cultural timepiece and a glimpse of how to film on-ice scenes back then, when camera rigs were incredibly bulky and the hand held technique was never implemented.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Earliest Hollywood attempt at making a hockey movie.  1937, starring John Wayne of all actors.  Fascinating viewing as a cultural timepiece and a glimpse of how to film on-ice scenes back then, when camera rigs were incredibly bulky and the hand held technique was never implemented.

[/QUOTE]

Great movie.  You can watch the whole thing online on youtube.  What I thought was hilarious was the wedding night at the end, shot of the happy couple, then a shot of a train going into a tunnel.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Bruins played a solid game after the first. love some of the Caron comments. Of course the coaches have had him focused on playing responsibly rather than "go for it". Did anyone notice how Campbell's line, with Caron and Cunningham kept the puck in the Flames zone for most of their shift ? Not bad for young semi-rookies.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Yeah, but what about Fraser?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bruins played a solid game after the first. love some of the Caron comments. Of course the coaches have had him focused on playing responsibly rather than "go for it". Did anyone notice how Campbell's line, with Caron and Cunningham kept the puck in the Flames zone for most of their shift ? Not bad for young semi-rookies.

[/QUOTE]

I personally thought Cunningham lacked creativity and didn't show me that he could win many battles. Maybe I just missed a few plays, but I don't think he's going to pan out.

Caron? Poor man's Paille at best.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great movie.  You can watch the whole thing online on youtube.  What I thought was hilarious was the wedding night at the end, shot of the happy couple, then a shot of a train going into a tunnel.

[/QUOTE]

Yup.  Good catch on the ending!  In those days, the studios had to abide by a really strict Production Code on morals, violence, etc., so directors/writers had to find creative ways to get messages across.  That edning was a pretty clever one actually.