Game 35: Bruins v. Sabres (12/19/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Game 35: Bruins v. Sabres (12/19/13)

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I think its starting to become painfully obvious that this team can't keep going with only two lines producing.

Just my take. Oh well, on to the next game.

Another crack at Buffablow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Johnson needs to be better there but its a different game if they dont struggle to score again.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

That's Johnson's 4th wrap around goal he's allowed this season. The book is out, he bailed the B's out of the game in Edmonton, but tonight was his loss without question. Miller has  got to be close to 30 wins against the B's in his career. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Sabres weren't even trying to win that period... just waiting for Boston to give them something

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

We've seen Johnson slow to react to moving from post to post before.

Not just slow -- almost blasé on the replay. Probably figured "i stopped the guy on my left post -- now it's the defencemans problem".

Center Ice package usually allows me to choose which feed I want -- Forced the home feed on me tonight. Jeanneret and Ray have to be the most annoying pair in hockey. Muff & Jeff, Cheech & Chong, Julio and DamFoolio. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Johnson needs to be better there but its a different game if they dont struggle to score again.

[/QUOTE]

They're 12 in the league in scoring. They're 5th in the Conference. Anytime Boston has been tops in the offence department they've done nothing in the play-offs. When they've been middle of pack, they've been to the finals. Funny how you show up right on cue though. A Bruins tough loss....And here you are!! Like you can't wait to jab negativity to the team. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sabres weren't even trying to win that period... just waiting for Boston to give them something

[/QUOTE]

As Brick called it...ropeadope hockey! The Sabers do this a lot against the B's. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I can give a pass to the Providence crew... but where was Soderberg tonight (or the last few games for that matter?)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's Johnson's 4th wrap around goal he's allowed this season. The book is out, he bailed the B's out of the game in Edmonton, but tonight was his loss without question. Miller has  got to be close to 30 wins against the B's in his career. 

[/QUOTE]

nite, you're a goaltender.  Post game he mentioned he was over-aggressive on one of the goals.  When going post-to-post, is it more about positioning, aggressiveness or a blend of both?  I'd think you'd want to be aggressive on the wraparounds with the puck arriving pretty quick on the opposite side of where you are in goal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can give a pass to the Providence crew... but where was Soderberg tonight (or the last few games for that matter?)

[/QUOTE]

Yea, I have to admit, he's been awol for the past little while. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We've seen Johnson slow to react to moving from post to post before.

Not just slow -- almost blasé on the replay. Probably figured "i stopped the guy on my left post -- now it's the defencemans problem".

Center Ice package usually allows me to choose which feed I want -- Forced the home feed on me tonight. Jeanneret and Ray have to be the most annoying pair in hockey. Muff & Jeff, Cheech & Chong, Julio and DamFoolio. 

[/QUOTE]

zam, that was a gut-kick goal to give up.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"@BuffaloSabres: NEW BLOG: Scott a game-time decision, might play defense http://t.co/3cRa3Spjw5 #Sabres #GameDay"

19-1 Bruins!

[/QUOTE]

Worst prediction ever

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Worst prediction ever

[/QUOTE]

Are you talking to yourself???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to neely66's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think its starting to become painfully obvious that this team can't keep going with only two lines producing.

Just my take. Oh well, on to the next game.

[/QUOTE]

Its not really two lines 

It's krejci and milan on first line (iginla ?)

Its brad and berg even when loui is in he's Houdini

[/QUOTE]

I agree about Iginla -- he's not bringing very much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

nite, you're a goaltender.  Post game he mentioned he was over-aggressive on one of the goals.  When going post-to-post, is it more about positioning, aggressiveness or a blend of both?  I'd think you'd want to be aggressive on the wraparounds with the puck arriving pretty quick on the opposite side of where you are in goal.

You're bang on the money. As you may have read Kel & I post before. He's not the quickest goalie by any stretch. He's big & he covers a lot of net. Unlike Lundqvist who has tremendous reflexes & has been the reason he's able to play so deep in his net. Chad can't afford that luxury so he needs to play higher, but he also needs to read the play properly. He wasn't overly aggressive at all. He got beat because he doesn't have the reflex speed to get over there. Samething on the Perron goal against the Oilers. I saw that one up close & personal. When a player is being pushed to the outside like that he needs to read that as soon the puck gets to a certain point where it's a huge & safe percentage play to move. He wasn't overly aggresive, imo he was under aggressive. His movement & mind wasn't moving with the speed of the play with Stafford having only one option. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think he was overagressive on the Myers goal. He's been good as the back up so far this year, one game wont change my opinion, but going forward, lets see Tuuka in net against those bottom conference teams. They always seem to give the B's trouble.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

You're bang on the money. As you may have read Kel & I post before. He's not the quickest goalie by any stretch. He's big & he covers a lot of net. Unlike Lundqvist who has tremendous reflexes & has been the reason he's able to play so deep in his net. Chad can't afford that luxury so he needs to play higher, but he also needs to read the play properly. He wasn't overly aggressive at all. He got beat because he doesn't have the reflex speed to get over there. Samething on the Perron goal against the Oilers. I saw that one up close & personal. When a player is being pushed to the outside like that he needs to read that as soon the puck gets to a certain point where it's a huge & safe percentage play to move. He wasn't overly aggresive, imo he was under aggressive. His movement & mind wasn't moving with the speed of the play with Stafford having only one option. 

[/QUOTE]

So he thinks he'll be over in time?  We see what happens when one is not aggressive enough in covering the side.  Are there any problems with being overly-aggressive in those situations?  Appreciate your insight.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think he was overagressive on the Myers goal. He's been good as the back up so far this year, one game wont change my opinion, but going forward, lets see Tuuka in net against those bottom conference teams. They always seem to give the B's trouble.

[/QUOTE]

Same here, kel.  I was curious about this aspect of his game appearing frequently for the amount of games he's played. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Marchand could have 5 goals, good to see him come around, thats the positive.The negative....the B's back up played like a back up, as has been stated, pizz poor on wraparounds, its like Ochocinco thinks when opposing player skates behind the net with the puck he is going to stop, wrong, sometimes they actually keep going and try to put it in on the other side. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Besides no-one could score except Marchand, and another Johnson wraparound failure,  why isn't anyone mentioning the bad pinch by Warsofsky on the 4th Buffalo goal.

If this were the playoffs both of those goals don't happened because they wouldn't have played, and the Bruins win in OT.

Anyway better to lose in the regular season.

Another shutout for Tuukka on Saturday coming up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Besides no-one could score except Marchand, and another Johnson wraparound failure,  why isn't anyone mentioning the bad pinch by Warsofsky on the 4th Buffalo goal.

If this were the playoffs both of those goals don't happened because they wouldn't have played, and the Bruins win in OT.

Anyway better to lose in the regular season.

Another shutout for Tuukka on Saturday coming up.

[/QUOTE]

The Bruins were already down late in the game. In that instance you're pretty much forced to take that extra chance. They needed to be aggresive in order to out man & try to keep the puck in deep. It was the right play at that point in the game, but the wrong result. Most any teams dman would've done the samething Warsofsky did. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:[QUOTE]

"@BuffaloSabres: NEW BLOG: Scott a game-time decision, might play defense http://t.co/3cRa3Spjw5 #Sabres #GameDay" 

19-1 Bruins! [/QUOTE]

Worst prediction ever [/QUOTE]

^This^ will have me laughing for a very long time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So he thinks he'll be over in time?  We see what happens when one is not aggressive enough in covering the side.  Are there any problems with being overly-aggressive in those situations?  Appreciate your insight.

[/QUOTE]

It's fairly easy to fix. He needs Essensa to help him with it though. It's about timing as when to move 

Yes, game 2 & 5 O.T games Stanely Cup Finals in 2011 are great examples of that. Burrows vs Thomas. Lapuke vs Thomas. TT plays aggressive most of the time, but when he's on his game, he'll just be aggressive enough to force the guy to go all the way around the net, but times it so that he's there before the puck.