Game 37: Preds v. Bruins (12/23/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Game 37: Preds v. Bruins (12/23/13)

Last game before the break (no injuries please!!!):

BRUINS (24-10-2) at PREDATORS (16-16-4)

TV: NESN, FS-TN

Last 10: Boston 7-3-0; Nashville 3-5-2

Season series: This is the first of two games between the Boston Bruins and Nashville Predators, the first time the teams have played since Feb. 11, 2012, when Tyler Seguin and Patrice Bergeron scored in the shootout in a 4-3 Bruins victory.

Big story: The Bruins are one of five teams in the Eastern Conference with a winning record against their Western Conference counterparts, but none of that success has come against the Central Division teams; the Bruins are 0-1-2 against Central teams, and they're the only team in the NHL winless against the seven teams in the division.

The Predators will look to continue that run of success for the division, while at the same time snapping a three-game winless skid.

Team scope:

Bruins: The Bruins' depth could get a boost as defenseman Dougie Hamilton and forward Daniel Paille have begun skating and could soon return to the lineup.

Hamilton last played Dec. 8 due to a lower-body injury but was on the ice for the first time since then Saturday and Bruins coach Claude Julien said Hamilton could soon return to practice.

"[Hamilton was] skating for the first time this morning," Julien told CSNNE.com. "It was his first time on the ice [since the injury], so again, we'll see how he progresses. You can only go by that status."

Paille sustained a concussion in that same Dec. 8 game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, but CSNNE.com reported he has been skating for a few days and got a positive diagnosis from the training staff. The next step will be re-joining the team at practice, something that could come later this week.

Predators: The Predators are 11-12-3 since starting goaltender Pekka Rinne last played, but Nashville general manager David Poile said he's sticking with the three goalies who have played in his absence, Carter Hutton, Marek Mazanec and Magnus Hellberg.

Rinne is expected to miss two more weeks recovering from surgery to help remove a bacterial infection in his hip.

"We're still going with [Mazanec] and Hutton," Poile told The Tennessean. "Like anything else, since we first knew about Pekka being out we've always been looking to improve our team, be it goaltending specifically or any other area. Two more weeks, not perfect, but I think it's much better for us to be on the same page with the doctor."

Poile said chasing after veterans like Ryan Miller of the Buffalo Sabres and Jonas Hiller of the Anaheim Ducks isn't appealing.

"It's a game at a time," he said. "We have to improve in some different areas. If we do, that's good, and if we don't we'll have to adjust to that at a future time. But I don't think it does any good to show any more desperation than we're currently trying to display."

Who's hot: Bruins center David Krejci has three goals and 10 points in his past eight games. ... Predators captain Shea Weber has two goals and five assists during his five-game point-scoring streak.

Injury report: Besides Hamilton and Paille, the Bruins are missing defensemen Adam McQuaid (lower body) and forwards Chris Kelly (ankle) and Loui Eriksson (concussion). ... With Rinne out, the only other injured Predator is defenseman Seth Jones, who is questionable with a facial laceration.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Game 37: Preds v. Bruins (12/23/13)

Talk about goalie issues...who are those guys?

They probably make Chad Johnson look like the second coming of Pete Peeters rather than a Robbie Tallas understudy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I don't know, but Magnus Hellberg scares me!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

An episode of behind the b is an hour before the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Make sure you take notes BH LoL

@NHLBruins

"Danny joins practice, Adam nears return, Dougie continues skating & Loui's around the rink. Sunday's notebook: http://bbru.in/J7Nlai  ^CS"

Almost there Pie Yah!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Who are these Danny, Dougie, Adam and Loui you speak of., not a boy band surely.  Oh yeah The Disappeared, geting last names back only when they play again. We wil be apowerhouse then  Only wish we could steal a sniper somewhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

BRUINS 5 preds 2

Spooner will score and Iginla will also net one!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BRUINS 5 preds 2

[/QUOTE]

Well, you did pick the winner last time... but I'm still not confident (you're percentage is pretty low.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know, but Magnus Hellberg scares me!

[/QUOTE]

hahaha...yeah, he almost seems otherworldly!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Adam McQuaid said he's ready to go; will be in the lineup tonight/ CJ

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Who starts in goal for the Bruins?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'm flying coast to coast tonight so I would appreciate it if you guys can give some good updates on this thread. Merry Christmas to all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I'm flying coast to coast tonight so I would appreciate it if you guys can give some good updates on this thread. Merry Christmas to all.

And to you and yours.  Safe flight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And to you and yours.  Safe flight.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks pal. Grande Prairie to Fredericton will take about 16 hours with layovers but oh well. It's nice to get back home for a week. Cheers to you sir.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Warsofsky in lineup over Bart?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Bart really hasn't been getting much love... not sure why?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Warsofsky has played ok and keeping him in is fine but i agree, whats up with Bart, i thought he has been playing well. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Warsofsky is getting his chance to show what he can do before being sent back down. Everyone knows what Bart can contribute....glut of solid D prospects in providence and some will likely soon be trade bait.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Spooner gets one! He has to...He's been so close. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Warsofsky is getting his chance to show what he can do before being sent back down. Everyone knows what Bart can contribute....

[/QUOTE]

Sounds feasible enough, but if Warsofsky jumped on Krug's back they still wouldn't be as tall as Chara.Watch out for the B's pp tonight!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Sounds feasible enough, but if Warsofsky jumped on Krug's back they still wouldn't be as tall as Chara.Watch out for the B's pp tonight!!

Two Hobbits......lol.

I still really, really want to see Krug and Warsofsky on the PP together....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Spooner gets one! He has to...He's been so close. 

[/QUOTE]

His improvement in the faceoff circle has been pretty dramatic too!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Great positioning and tip by Iginla!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

McQuaid goes to the dressing room, hopefully he's not hurt...again. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BRUINS 5 preds 2

[/QUOTE]

Well, you did pick the winner last time... but I'm still not confident (you're percentage is pretty low.)

[/QUOTE]

So far so good .....