Game 47 Vs. Washington 4-27

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Game 47 Vs. Washington 4-27

WASHINGTON – Good morning from Washington, where the Bruins will play their final regular-season road game tonight against the Capitals.

The Bruins brought their full squad to Washington yesterday, minus Jaromir Jagr (flu-like symptoms) and Nathan Horton (upper-body injury). The Bruins are still fighting for second place in the Eastern Conference, so they will presumably dress their playoff roster against the Capitals.

Puck drop: 7 p.m.

TV/radio info: NESN (Jack Edwards, Andy Brickley, Naoko Funayama),98.5 The Sports Hub (Dave Goucher, Bob Beers)

Records: Bruins 28-13-5, Capitals 26-18-3

Projected Bruins lineup:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Rich Peverley
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
    Carl Soderberg-Chris Kelly-Kaspars Daugavins
    Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Dennis Seidenberg
    Andrew Ference-Johnny Boychuk
    Wade Redden-Adam McQuaid

Tuukka Rask
    Anton Khudobin

Healthy scratches: Aaron Johnson, Dougie Hamilton, Jay Pandolfo

Storylines: Montreal plays at Toronto tonight. The Bruins and Canadiens are tied with 61 points. But Montreal currently owns the tiebreaker, which is regulation plus overtime wins… Washington has the top power play in the NHL (25.8 percent). It revolves around Alex Ovechkin, who is making his case for the Hart Trophy as the league MVP… John Erskine, unavailable for the last meeting between the two clubs, might come calling on Adam McQuaid. McQuaid and Shawn Thornton tried to goad Matt Hendricks into a fight during their last game. Hendricks chose McQuaid… It’s possible Jagr could travel to Washington today and be in the lineup tonight… Brian Pochmara and Eric Furlatt will be the referees. Jean Morin and Pierre Racicot will be the linesmen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Game 47 Vs. Washington 4-27

Just read Nancy MP Buress's discussion with Patrice and Julien. What an improvement over Fluto's interactions with Thorny, which is the only player access Fluto has had over these many years. Looking at the projected lineup shows how missing Horton and Jagr weakens the right side. Peverly has great speed, but has been less productive than Paille; Seguin is legit and only 21; Daugavins we just haven't seen anything of value; and Claude's nephew cannot even hold his own in a fight anymore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I really hope the boys have a good game tonight. It would be nice to put back to back wins together. And have home ice. 

I hope Lucic continues to play with some fire.

I hope Rask has another great game ( he made some show stopping saves last time out )

I hope the PP comes alive.

I hope we hold Ovie to 0 goals.

I hope we come out injury free.

Go Bruins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Am I understanding this correctly? If the Bruins lose today and the Habs win, regardless of what happens tomorrow, then Boston gets fourth do to the ROW?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Am I understanding this correctly? If the Bruins lose today and the Habs win, regardless of what happens tomorrow, then Boston gets fourth do to the ROW?

Yes...that is correct.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yes, red, that's the way it looks tonight....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think Lucic goes with Erskine, and you probably see a 4-3 game one way or the other.

Curious to see what the impact of Jagr out is.  He plays so much more creatively than the rest of the squad but that breaks up that machine-like quality they get going when everyone is on board.  I'd like to see some of that tonight to know it's there still. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I think Lucic goes with Erskine, and you probably see a 4-3 game one way or the other.

Curious to see what the impact of Jagr out is.  He plays so much more creatively than the rest of the squad but that breaks up that machine-like quality they get going when everyone is on board.  I'd like to see some of that tonight to know it's there still. 

Any way you look at it, substituting Daugman for Jagr is a significant offensive drop-off talent-wise.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Any way you look at it, substituting Daugman for Jagr is a significant offensive drop-off talent-wise.

Ah, yes, jm but if there's a shootout...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Good point BB.  He's on another level in that regard - especially the manner and situation in which he threads his passes in close to the net.  His linemates are often not expecting them to emerge from where they do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Looks like Tuuka in tonight and I'm guessing khudobin tomorrow night. Like to see Redden in there the last two games, been impressed with him so far.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

lol.....if the Daug ties that ridiculous SO move I fully expect him to be pummelled on the ice by Chara, et al. The only thing more embarrassing than even attempting that was that he did not even score....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Looks like Tuuka in tonight and I'm guessing khudobin tomorrow night. Like to see Redden in there the last two games, been impressed with him so far.

Agreed.  Very smooth and steady on the Bruin D.  Was there a decline in his NYR play that caused him to be in the AHL for a couple of years or was it his '08 6 year $39 million Ranger deal that helped bury him there, kel?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

lol.....if the Daug ties that ridiculous SO move I fully expect him to be pummelled on the ice by Chara, et al. The only thing more embarrassing than even attempting that was that he did not even score....

That must have seemed like a very long skate back to the Sens' bench.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

That must have seemed like a very long skate back to the Sens' bench.

Wasn't he put on waivers that same week? Hmm....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

I would prefer to see Hamilton in the lineup over Redden. There is a reason he was buried in the minors by the Rangers and handed over to the Bruins for (essentially) nothing by the Blues.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Wonder if the Caps will rest any of their players tonight? Tough matchup between these two teams traditionally. I think it's a must win for the B's if they want a shot at winning the divsion.  I have a feeling that the Habs will beat the Leafs, so assuming the B's win, it will come down to the game against Ottawa.

GO BRUINS!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

I have a feeling that the Habs will beat the Leafs.

Me too.

Saturday night, lost three of the last 4, Orr and McLaren back in the lineup to stir things up.

Should be intense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

I have a feeling that the Habs will beat the Leafs.

Me too.

Saturday night, lost three of the last 4, Orr and McLaren back in the lineup to stir things up.

Should be intense.

JMW would you go for the  division or rest players at this point.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

GO BRUINS!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

JMW would you go for the  division or rest players at this point.

The division.

B's have been lights out at home this season....on the road, not so much.