Game #5: Bruins v Red Wings - Game Day Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Game #5: Bruins v Red Wings - Game Day Thread

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Krug doesn't see one minute on the 5 on 3. Absolutely ridiculous coaching!

[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice that but yeah, that's curious considering his offensive skills.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. Oh well. 

[/QUOTE]

Considering that is one of his strong points.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronoc01. Show ronoc01's posts

Still early, but this is typical Julien.  No power play, starting to ruining another young player in Hamilton, I predicet he will be gone next year, and rarely makes in game changes.  But I guess it works, Stanely cup champion and make it last year.  Who am I to argue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

And the princess of Sweden goes to the box!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:[QUOTE] If Chara isn't going to hit the net, he needs to just stand in front of the goalie. I'll take a decent wrister with the goalie screened over a 108 MPH slap shot that the goalie can see, and only has a 25% chance of hitting the net. [/QUOTE]

What do you think of Iginla's shooting this season ?

Especially where he is shooting from ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to ronoc01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Still early, but this is typical Julien.  No power play, starting to ruining another young player in Hamilton, I predicet he will be gone next year, and rarely makes in game changes.  But I guess it works, Stanely cup champion and make it last year.  Who am I to argue.

[/QUOTE]
     Still early on, but this is typlical 'sky is falling' comment from a fan who panics after a handfull of games...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Plus he's been having a great game, he deserved some trigger time on the pp.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"o ye workmen, plough thy field

Miss the net is the fruit thy shall yield"

Comedy on twitter today LoL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Say what u want about Lucic he knows how to finish

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And a rebound finally ends up on a Bruins stick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Plus he's been having a great game, he deserved some trigger time on the pp.

[/QUOTE]

Krug makes things happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Man....if Boston had only finished the tri-fecta...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Good last 120 just came up short .Not scoring on the 5 on 3 that proved to be big.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Gotta give Detroit credit. They were pretty good at clearing pucks and blocking shots. It was definitely a one-goal game by puck possession and game flow standards.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

Good last 120 just came up short .Not scoring on the 5 on 3 that proved to be big.

[/QUOTE]

That was it. Almost pulled it off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Todays game showed a little of last years we-can-turn-it-on-when-we-want-too. The Bs cannot do this against a skilled team like the Red Wings.

@Hang freaking out is when you start seeing "trade this guy and trade that guy" threads. Criticizing the Bruins during a game thread doesn't fir "freak out".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Panic fan?  What are you, the child with the Black and Gold bedroom and matching bed sheets?  

They beat them a week ago because the Wings were half a step slower, having played the night before.  I'm making an observation based on the recent history of the Bruins struggling against the Wings over the past 4+ seasons.   It's called match ups.  See?   

Nothing about "the season is lost."  Grow up, man.

[/QUOTE]

No. That would be my 8 year old cousin. But you said that they "can't" beat the wings playing a puck possession game. Does that only apply to the Wings? Or does it also apply to other finesse teams such as the Canucks, Blackhawks, and the like? Will they beat them every time, or even a majority of the time? Maybe not, but why would you deviate from "your game", when it has proven to win a majority of the games league-wide? It's their strength; that's the type of team they've developed.

Whenever someone says that a team (and a good team at that) "can't" win something, I just know they're a panic-button fan. I don't think that's debatable.

[/QUOTE]

When the word "can't" is used it's really semantics.  The reader has to figure out whether it's connotative or denotative.  Just like when I read you're phrases "I just know" and "don't think that's debatable."  Because it is.  You don't know me nor I you.  So, we can mince meanings all day.

But, my reotrt is simply to address the name calling YOU began.  Not me.  Don't try to define my fandom (hence, my nonsensical thing about "black and gold" bedrooms.  Get it?  I'm not on a bridge. I'm not panicking.  I don't even know what you 'mean' by that - oops, let's not get back into post-structuralist linguistics again (read up on 'signification' and Barthes or Saussure)

Back to your point.  I said the Bruins can beat the Pens.  Yes, they can beat the Canucks and the Black Hawks (and, if healthy, would have won the Cup last year IMO).  The Bs were 0-4 against the Wings coming into the opener, going back to 08-09.  Having actually watched ALL those games, Babcock plays the Bs with an opportunistic strategy, maximizing his finesse guys - who are the best in the biz as playmakers, imo - when a breakdown shows.  

So, they lost today. Big deal.  78 more games to go.  Not for lack of effort.  But, they have to be faster in the Wings' zone.  And play almost zero mistake hockey against Detroit.  

Oh, and the PP? It's been looking like last year again the past 3 games.  THey have to fix that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronoc01. Show ronoc01's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
     Still early on, but this is typlical 'sky is falling' comment from a fan who panics after a handfull of games...

[/QUOTE]

I'm not panicking, but why is Hamilton not playing every game?  High draft pick, everyone is saying the sky is the limit on this kid, but Julien does not want to play him. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]

" I don't know why everyone's freaking out here"

First I have ever heard the Bruins are "having a decent game" when they are down 3-1 and being dominated down low in front of their own net.

Take your goggles off.

[/QUOTE]

Haha doggy you have to admit that was agreat game between two of the top teams in the league.  Pretty much what I expect when they play eachother, a 50/50 split.  This would be a great playoff matchup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tough spot to be picky with CJ there though. Krug saw no 5 on 3 time because the puck stayed in the Wings zone for all but 10 seconds of the PP time. Regardint that PP, Krejci is making too many soft passes and everyone is guilty of missing the net at key moments. They should've just got the puck on net and then outworked the Wings for the rebounds. Everyone was trying to be too fine.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

" I don't know why everyone's freaking out here"

First I have ever heard the Bruins are "having a decent game" when they are down 3-1 and being dominated down low in front of their own net.

Take your goggles off.

[/QUOTE]

+1  That 5 on 3 was as if they were skating in molasses.  Gotta get in front of the net.

[/QUOTE]

We already know the PP stinks.  That hasn't changed in years.  B's worked hard and played a good game.  They lost.  It's October.  Go Sox.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tough spot to be picky with CJ there though. Krug saw no 5 on 3 time because the puck stayed in the Wings zone for all but 10 seconds of the PP time. Regardint that PP, Krejci is making too many soft passes and everyone is guilty of missing the net at key moments. They should've just got the puck on net and then outworked the Wings for the rebounds. Everyone was trying to be too fine.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, dez.  They've been guilty of that before.  Brickley also mentioned post-game he thought the point men on the 2 man advantage (Iginla and Chara) were too far back to create enough in-close chances from that position. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not panicking, but why is Hamilton not playing every game?  High draft pick, everyone is saying the sky is the limit on this kid, but Julien does not want to play him. 

[/QUOTE]

Bartkowski has to play in some games too.  He's young and good.  Krug's been playing well enough to merit him the ice time. Hamilton, while he hasnt been necessarily playing poorly, hasnt been playing as well. So who sits? Hamilton.  Its probably just a few games anyway.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

"Datsyuk and Zetterberg go together like...Zetterberg and Datsyuk." - Jack Edwards

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bartkowski has to play in some games too.  He's young and good.  Krug's been playing well enough to merit him the ice time. Hamilton, while he hasnt been necessarily playing poorly, hasnt been playing as well. So who sits? Hamilton.  Its probably just a few games anyway.

[/QUOTE]

I personally liked what I saw from Hamilton more than I like what I've seen from Bart so far. Bart seems like he's back to being tentative and not making good plays as a result. I hope to see Hamilton back in the lineup next game.