Game 55 - Canknuckleheads at Bruins GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Game 55 - Canknuckleheads at Bruins GDT

BOSTON -- When the Vancouver Canucks visit the Boston Bruins on Tuesday at TD Garden, they will be hungry for a victory after losing their past four games in regulation.

The Bruins, who have won five of their past six, will be ready for a team with everything to lose. "A team that's a desperate team is always a challenge," Bruins forward Chris Kelly said after the morning skate. "And we know that they're going to play desperate hockey. Whenever you lose four games in a row, and the expectations are extremely high like they are for that team, they're going to come out with their best game and we need to be ready for that."

The Canucks did not hold a morning skate. They flew in late Monday after a 2-0 road loss to the Detroit Red Wings.

Here are the projected lineups for both teams:

CANUCKS

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Alexandre Burrows

Chris Higgins - Ryan Kesler - Zack Kassian

David Booth - Zac Dalpe - Jannik Hansen

Tom Sestito - Jordan Schroeder - Kellan Lain

Alexander Edler - Jason Garrison

Dan Hamhuis - Ryan Stanton

Yann Sauve - Frank Corrado

Roberto Luongo

Eddie Lack

Scratched: Raphael Diaz, Yannick Weber, Brad Richardson

Injured: Kevin Bieksa (foot), Christopher Tanev (hand), Mike Santorelli (shoulder), Andrew Alberts (concussion)

BRUINS

Milan Lucic - David Krejci - Jarome Iginla

Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Reilly Smith

Chris Kelly - Carl Soderberg - Loui Eriksson

Daniel Paille - Gregory Campbell - Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara - Dougie Hamilton

Matt Bartkowski - Johnny Boychuk

Torey Krug - Kevan Miller

Tuukka Rask

Chad Johnson

Scratched: Jordan Caron, David Warsofsky

Injured: Adam McQuaid (leg), Dennis Seidenberg (knee)

Notes: The Canucks won the first matchup of the season, 6-2, in Vancouver, a game that resulted in Ryan Kesler saying that Brad Marchand has "no class." ... This game marks the final one before for the break for Zdeno Chara, with the Bruins captain missing the games in St. Louis and at home against Ottawa to go early to Sochi, Russia, for the Olympics. He will serve as the flag bearer for Team Slovakia. ... The Canucks played last night in Detroit and did not skate this morning in Boston. ... The referees are Gord Dwyer and Wes McCauley. The linesmen are Andy McElman and Bryan Pancich."

@NHLBruins

"Looks to be #TuukkaTime tonight, with Tuukka Rask the first goalie off at morning skate ^CS"

Burrows is in the lineup. Hopefully Bergeron will have his fingers bandaged up for protection.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Game 55 - Canknuckleheads at Bruins GDT

Went home for lunch, and came back with my Lucic sweater on. God I love bugging Canucks fans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Here we go Bruins here we go!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

all Sisters are on board tonight...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Leaky Lou returns to his house of horrors. I hope thye beat them bad first and foremost and expect Marchand to be heavily involved.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Leaky Lou returns to his house of horrors. I hope thye beat them bad first and foremost and expect Marchand to be heavily involved.

[/QUOTE]

I think has matured a lot in the past 3 seasons. I don't call him that anymore, because he certainly didn't deserve the BS the Canucks put him thru. I was so hoping that he would've told the Canucks to take a p iss up a rope! But, he showed class & professionalism & I have to respec that. At the same time I do hope the Bruins light him up like a Christmas tree in Central Park!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think has matured a lot in the past 3 seasons. I don't call him that anymore, because he certainly didn't deserve the BS the Canucks put him thru. I was so hoping that he would've told the Canucks to take a p iss up a rope! But, he showed class & professionalism & I have to respec that. At the same time I do hope the Bruins light him up like a Christmas tree in Central Park!

[/QUOTE]

You don't have to Nite and for the most part he has played really well this year but he still has the ability to make an easy save and turn it into a goal, whether its a shot from behind his own net or a dribbler, he still springs the odd Leak. I just hope he doesn't spring any during the Olympics but tonight i hope its a flood.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

just hope the B'S don't turn out to be tonic for another struggling team....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That would really pizz me off! They better show up and go hard all game, enough of these post game interviews that start with "i don't know what happened, i thought we were ready"!??!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That would really pizz me off! They better show up and go hard all game, enough of these post game interviews that start with "i don't know what happened, i thought we were ready"!??!

[/QUOTE]

I'll take my 1st drink of beer to that! Cheers Buddy!!Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Especially this game...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Should be a fun game.  Canucks really hurting on the back end.  go Bruins.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

no pipie lepuke but burrows is still there to hate and we did win the cup in there home ground ,whats left ?  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lock n load!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spike77. Show Spike77's posts

Should be able to bury the canucks the way they r playing. But that's what I thought about Habs 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Interesting point by Elliotte Friedman tonight on THE FAN 590's Primetime Sports. He said the major difference he sees with the Caschmucks this year is they don't play weak former division mates like a poor Calgary, Oiler or feeble Colorado team as often any more like they did in their previous years when they ran the Northwest Division.

Now they're in the Pacific lot along with stronger teams like Anaheim, the Kings, SJ and Coyotes which to him supports the idea their best shot at the Cup has passed them by.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spike77. Show Spike77's posts

Oh crap gotta listen to Canucks announcers  painful

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spike77. Show Spike77's posts

lucic.  Can't believe he's not on team canada

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nice, love to see Lucic score against them. Hopefully he goes right home after the game tonight.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Wow, that was a terrible pass by Miller, missed him by about 20 feet.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I havent't seen the clip yet but has anyone caught Tortorella's post-game presser last night after the Red Wings game? Friedman said he thought Tortorella's comments (I'm paraphrasing.) of "When David Booth is your best player, you know you're in trouble." were out of line and pretty much dumping the idea of a kinder, calmer coach.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spike77. Show Spike77's posts

Kypreos was trashingtorts too. After his comments basically saying we can't win with the players he's got

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Spike77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kypreos was trashingtorts too. After his comments basically saying we can't win with the players he's got

[/QUOTE]

So much for him calming down.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:[QUOTE] I havent't seen the clip yet but has anyone caught Tortorella's post-game presser last night after the Red Wings game? Friedman said he thought Tortorella's comments (I'm paraphrasing.) of "When David Booth is your best player, you know you're in trouble." were out of line and pretty much dumping the idea of a kinder, calmer coach.[/QUOTE]

I think Torts bench rants will stop for now. But using the media to call out his players won't cease anytime soon. I don't agree with calling players out in the press but some coaches prefer using the media.