Game #6: Bruins v Panthers - Game Day Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Game #6: Bruins v Panthers - Game Day Thread

Fun game.  Tons of B's fans there, of course.  I went to the lower bowl tonight to get a bit closer than my usual front row balcony seats.

Man, the Panthers are so bad. 

Marchand played like garbage.  Nothing like the guy that has been on the team for years.  Slow, sloppy, almost aloof.  I don't know what was shown on TV, but at one point after his goal, Paille was in front of the net having a quick laugh and jest with Thomas.  That was good to see.

Speaking of Thomas:

Remember his weird white look in Boston?  He's taken it a step further.  Everything possible is 100% white.  Helmet, glove, waffle, stick, pads...100% white.  It's like nothing I've seen.  There aren't even any logos. 

He's such a freakin' weirdo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh, and it was good to see the fourth line out there with less than four minutes left in the third in a tied game.

FIRE ALL COACHES!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No trophy for style points.  Thank Jeebus.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

A dribbler bewteen the legs with a minute left, then the dramatic throw the arms up in the air routine...  wow, vintage 2007 Timmy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

looked like the whole section behind the bench was empty.  what's up with that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh, and it was good to see the fourth line out there with less than four minutes left in the third in a tied game.

FIRE ALL COACHES!

[/QUOTE]

Actually, I thought our 4th line was pretty good last night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A dribbler bewteen the legs with a minute left, then the dramatic throw the arms up in the air routine...  wow, vintage 2007 Timmy.

[/QUOTE]

He faced a lot more shots than Rask and kept his team in the game... yep, that's the TT I remember.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Saw Campbell out on 2nd PP unit. Twice! Must really want Marchand to step it up or he'll be on the 4th line or worse, benched.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Reilly Smith played well and had more jump than the rest of the B's. Is he that good or are we playing that bad right now?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He faced a lot more shots than Rask and kept his team in the game... yep, that's the TT I remember.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you really won't stop about TT.  

Do you know him or something?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm really liking Smith.  He's really looking like a gem of a pickup, and I think with a little more confidence he could be even better.  Great smarts, skill and compete.  He deserves that top-6 role right now.

The guy who doesn't is Marchand, I'm not sure what's up.  Maybe he's trying to hard to make Team Canada or something, but he's not at the top of his game.  He has moments, but he's not looking like the team's leading scorer from last year.

I was pretty impressed with Thomas.  The old fire is still there.  But Rask is better now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

looked like the whole section behind the bench was empty.  what's up with that?

[/QUOTE]

That is the "Club Red" section. 

1.  Everything about the Panthers is red this and red that.  It's one of the worst marketing campaigns ever as it just simply means nothing.  Billboards on 95 say "Red Rising".  The new scoreboard is called "Big Red"...as if a scoreboard needs a name.  This month is "Red October".  Oh, it is so annoying.

2.  Anyway, above the section behind the bench is a hoity-toity club.  You pay your $200 per game to get in and you spend your time impressing your friends, associates, clients and girls instead of sitting in those seats watching the game.  The tickets are mostly used, but the people who buy them don't spend the entire game sitting in them.  They really f'ed up with the location.

3.  They started charging for parking last year.  According to the team, the $20 was to go to pay for the construction of Club Red.  Now, if I'm complaining about $20 parking, I'm probably not going to be able to afford Club Red seats.  Very feudalistic!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

Speaking of Thomas:

Remember his weird white look in Boston?  He's taken it a step further.  Everything possible is 100% white.  Helmet, glove, waffle, stick, pads...100% white.  It's like nothing I've seen.  There aren't even any logos. 

He's such a freakin' weirdo.

[/QUOTE]

He likes his equipment the same way he likes his Presidents...

That's a joke, people, before any freaks out.

Just watching the tape now.  Sloppy game.  Gonna feel better about Marchand if I find out he's injured.

If anyone has pointers on the best way to get lower bowl tickets there, I'm interested, as I'm looking at that trip in March.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If anyone has pointers on the best way to get lower bowl tickets there, I'm interested, as I'm looking at that trip in March.

[/QUOTE]

Don't do anything now.  Let's talk about it again a few weeks before. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Marchand was uninspired, lazy and sloppy.  On one offsides call, it was a child's error, just not thinking. 

The guy is loaded with skill, obviously.  He racked up the goals playing with Campbell and the goon.  I hope he's fighting through an injury.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:[QUOTE]

looked like the whole section behind the bench was empty.  what's up with that? [/QUOTE]

It's their expert team marketing and getting FLA "hockey enthused" I hear Wink

"Saw Campbell out on 2nd PP unit. Twice!"

#WhatThaMuthaF#$@!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

[QUOTE]

Marchand was uninspired, lazy and sloppy.  On one offsides call, it was a child's error, just not thinking. 

The guy is loaded with skill, obviously.  He racked up the goals playing with Campbell and the goon.  I hope he's fighting through an injury.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's their expert team marketing and getting FLA "hockey enthused" I hear Wink

[/QUOTE]

2006-07 attendance in Boston:  14,764

Last night's attendance at the BB&T:  14,400

Not bad for a team that no one follows and many think should move.

How many calls were there for the B's to move in 2007?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The league should have moved the sad sack team from Boston to Quebec in 2007!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Wow, sure didn't look like there were 14,400 there last night.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:[QUOTE]It's their expert team marketing and getting FLA "hockey enthused" I hear Wink [/QUOTE]

Not bad for a team that no one follows and many think should move.

How many calls were there for the B's to move in 2007? [/QUOTE]

Florida doesn't and never will have an owner on the NHL Board of Governors. JJ absorbed one or two years of bad attendance.

How many owners, even the monster ownership group there now, can absorb that average of losses every year ? Ownership groups come in then realize it isn't going to work then bolt with very little profit from concessions,.

How long can the other NHL owners keep saying yes "bring in another owner" ? year after year...

"yes but Quebec had a team before. What will be different now ?"

"Suites" lots and lots of them that Le Colisée did not have and a rabid Quebec hockey fanbase. Maybe I'm wrong but absorbing losses like that every year would get laughed at in any board room.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Was unpleasantly surprised by the continuation of the Gregory Campbell power play nonsense. That shiz is rezizzled.

And Boychuk handles the puck like a grenade. The only thing he brings to the power play is the shot but it's not enough, IMO. The kids should be your power play defensemen and one unit should play with an extra forward.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

sloppy all night or the team trainer forgot to sharpen the skates for slow ice. Marchand is either hurt or pouting. Rielly Smith is very good as he's demonstrated, but he is very good third line not top six. Iginla needs a different line, as does Eriksson. Why doesn't Claude see the obvious ?Seidenberg and Boychuck most sloppy on this ice. Krug is dynamic, but, to me, it looks like his head is geting bigger than his helmet as he forgets to headman and draws the entire team to a halt. Chara does the same thing and I've never liked it. Hamilton plays better each game.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Soderberg will shake things up for the better when he returns.

Marchand might find himself in the press box if he doesn't get over whatever is bothering him.