Game 8 Fluto's Back: Bruins vs Buffalo - Game day thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Game 8 Fluto's Back: Bruins vs Buffalo - Game day thread

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Time to go after Vanek or Miller

[/QUOTE]

Wishful thinking -- not even one hit anywhere on the ice after Eriksson went down. Hits 21 - 5 prior and 23 - 5 after. Pretty sad for a team that is supposed to be "physical". Let's hope Loui comes out of this OK.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wishful thinking -- not even one hit anywhere on the ice after Eriksson went down. Hits 21 - 5 prior and 23 - 5 after. Pretty sad for a team that is supposed to be "physical". Let's hope Loui comes out of this OK.

[/QUOTE]

Those stats tell me the B's didn't have to break a sweat in this one.  Why bother with that sad sack team?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Those stats tell me the B's didn't have to break a sweat in this one.  Why bother with that sad sack team?

[/QUOTE]

Sweat or not -- absorbing hits almost 5:1 -- one of them being a knockout punch -- is sending a pretty wimpy message to any opponent. Vanek continued to skate head down with no worries of getting hit. AGAIN -- best wishes for Eriksson.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I hate these gutless calls on here saying the Bruins should have taken a run at Vanek or Miller. Pathetic, and I'm ashamed to see you on this board. Go join the Canucks or Habs and their version of "toughness".

The Bruins responded exactly as they should. McQuaid fought the perpetrator. No need to go after innocent players on the opposition like cowards. This is one of the many reasons I love this Bruins team. They act like men. Some on here should learn from them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Taking a run at Vanek or Hodgson, good hockey players, with the intention of hurting them as in an eye for an eye is wrong. It just makes the B's as bad as the Sabre's. McQuaid fought the Ape and then the B's took the 2pts. Losing Ericksson is bad enough, trying to tarnish the teams image by hurting Vanek and the like, does nothing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Restraint was the way to go in this one. We've got a big game tomorrow night. Let's take our two points and get heading home. Hope Loui is going to be ok. Suspend Scott indefinitely. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

At most he'll get 5 games. I hate what he did but he has no priors. He does not belong in the league.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hate these gutless calls on here saying the Bruins should have taken a run at Vanek or Miller. Pathetic, and I'm ashamed to see you on this board. Go join the Canucks or Habs and their version of "toughness".

The Bruins responded exactly as they should. McQuaid fought the perpetrator. No need to go after innocent players on the opposition like cowards. This is one of the many reasons I love this Bruins team. They act like men. Some on here should learn from them.

[/QUOTE]

How's the soapbox treatin' ya?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Since that's your best response, I'll assume that you accept that your earlier words were cowardly. There is nothing you can say to defend going after innocent skill players on the other team without looking like a jerk, so we can leave it at that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Since that's your best response, I'll assume that you accept that your earlier words were cowardly. There is nothing you can say to defend going after innocent skill players on the other team without looking like a jerk, so we can leave it at that.

[/QUOTE]

Bad choice of words by you but I'll let it slide.  Maybe spoken with a bit of frustration on my part but I wouldn't have had a problem if someone got in Miller's or Vanek's grill a bit, not to injure but just to make a statement that it's not ok for your goon to take out our finesse player.  In the end the B's handled it just fine.  I hope the league does their part now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

. Hits 21 - 5 prior and 23 - 5 after. Pretty sad for a team that is supposed to be "physical".

[/QUOTE]

The hit disparity was because the Bs had possession of the puck for most of the night. Hard to lay down a bodycheck when you are the one with the puck.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good point not to seek retaliation. On the hits side, it seemed to me that the Bruins , with some exceptions like Bergeron, played a sloppy game. Boychuck led the dumb moves and needs to wake up for tonight's match. Both goals were softies as some of the B's were just floating. The third period was a bit more controlled, so Claude noticed. What to do with Eriksson is a big problem. he should have had two, at least. He skates,he defends, but he's supposed to score.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good point not to seek retaliation. On the hits side, it seemed to me that the Bruins , with some exceptions like Bergeron, played a sloppy game. Boychuck led the dumb moves and needs to wake up for tonight's match. Both goals were softies as some of the B's were just floating. The third period was a bit more controlled, so Claude noticed. What to do with Eriksson is a big problem. he should have had two, at least. He skates,he defends, but he's supposed to score.

[/QUOTE]

He will. He's a very skilled player. Just gotta get him settled.

People forget how slow Horton started out in his first 10 games here, among others.

I swear that Johnny Boychuck is Forrest-Gump-like slow. I can just hear the little guys on his shoulders' dialogue:

"Hit him with that pass, Johnny. It's really simple"

"Wait! Check out that stretch pass!"

"Leave the stretch pass alone! Hit this guy right here!"

"Oh boy, the defender is coming, reverse it, quick!"

"Oh God, what do I do"

"Oh s***, I don't know!"

"Eat it Johnny! Eat it!"

Johnny take slapshot. Johnny make big check. Johnny win game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I sometimes wonder if I'm watching the same game as you!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Love the Boychuck mind-stream. He is slower than Claude to make decisions. Also,of note ,is Hamilton's growing impact as well as the speed of Krug, who [ I think] needs more smart coaching to improve the value of his skills[ rammer where are you ?] The kids are making Seidenberg look slow and really questions the new extension, unless Chia has a trade in mind.