GAME DAY THREAD!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

GAME DAY THREAD!

Yeah, I know.  It's preseason.  And the Providence Bruins will have the assistance of the Bruins' top line in taking on the Canadiens.  But every day draws us closer to a real game - and for now, after the display of awful football I watched this weekend, I'll take it.

Roster, per Bruins.NHL.com.

Forwards: Anthony Camara, Craig Cunningham, Alex Fallstrom, Rob Flick, Matt Fraser, Jarome Iginla, Nick Johnson, David Krejci, Milan Lucic, Daniel Paille, Carl Soderberg, Ryan Spooner, Shawn Thornton

Defensemen: Matt Bartkowski, Tommy Cross, Torey Krug, Adam McQuaid, Kevan Miller, Zach Trotman, Ben Youds

Goaltenders: Chad Johnson, Malcolm Subban

Based on camp, they'll line up:

(Up all night to get) LKI,

Cunningham-Soderberg-Fraser

Camara-Spooner-Johnson

Paille-Fallstrom-Thornton.  Flick's the odd man.

McQuaid-Krug

Bartkowski-Miller

Cross-Youds

Trotman.

You always hope that someone will seize the day, but I would be willing to bet this is the end of the line for Johnson, Fallstrom, Flick, Youds, and Cross for sure.  Could be the end for Camara (first camp) and Miller.  I'll be a little disappointed if it's the end for Cunningham, Spooner, Fraser or Trotman.  I'll plotz if they drop Bartkowski or Krug.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: GAME DAY THREAD!

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Yeah, I know.  It's preseason.  And the Providence Bruins will have the assistance of the Bruins' top line in taking on the Canadiens.  But every day draws us closer to a real game - and for now, after the display of awful football I watched this weekend, I'll take it.

Forwards: Anthony Camara, Craig Cunningham, Alex Fallstrom, Rob Flick, Matt Fraser, Jarome Iginla, Nick Johnson, David Krejci, Milan Lucic, Daniel Paille, Carl Soderberg, Ryan Spooner, Shawn Thornton

Defensemen: Matt Bartkowski, Tommy Cross, Torey Krug, Adam McQuaid, Kevan Miller, Zach Trotman, Ben Youds

Camara-Spooner-Johnson

McQuaid-Krug

Bartkowski-Miller

Cross-Youds

Trotman.

You always hope that someone will seize the day, but I would be willing to bet this is the end of the line for Johnson, Fallstrom, Flick, Youds, and Cross for sure.  Could be the end for Camara (first camp) and Miller.  I'll be a little disappointed if it's the end for Cunningham, Spooner, Fraser or Trotman.  I'll plotz if they drop Bartkowski or Krug.

Agreed, hoping Camara and Cunningham impress tonight. Id like to see them stick around for longer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Camara-Spooner-Johnson

McQuaid-Krug

Bartkowski-Miller

Cross-Youds

Trotman.

Oh yes.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Where the Red Sox aren't playing does anyone know if the game will be on NESN?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Camara-Spooner-Johnson

McQuaid-Krug

Bartkowski-Miller

Cross-Youds

Trotman.

LMAO! Love this one Book!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JanneyJoyce. Show JanneyJoyce's posts

I see that TSN is broadcasting it. Hopefully there will be link to stream it if there is no local show.

I'll be checking in later to see if anyone has any luck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JanneyJoyce. Show JanneyJoyce's posts

(Up all night to get) LKI

That is great! Can anyone else not hear the daft punk version and still sing Lauren and Wallys version, up all night watching hockey?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Where the Red Sox aren't playing does anyone know if the game will be on NESN? 

NHL Network US

@Book So your fantasy team(s) and your favorite team didn't do so well I take it ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Can't wait.  

I also can't help but notice what seems to be a lot of pugilists in the Boston lineup.  You hope that regulars like LKI are just getting fit (fat?) and staying out of trouble, but what better way for a guy like Camara, Flick, or Miller to make an impression than to thump a Hab?

Is Ryan White playing...? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

@SanDog: Actually, it wasn't a bad day in terms of results, but I watched a lot of gawdawful football.  Berman used to do this schtick where he'd get all excited about a play at the start, and then when someone screwed up royally he'd crash to a dead halt "no."

BRADY TO A WIDE OPEN EDELMA...no.

MANNING ON THE CROSS TO WELKE...no.

RAY RICE BUSTS IT UP THE...no.

Eagles-Chargers was just ugly with errors.  Manning Bowl was turnovers and drops everywhere from both sides until the Broncos got it together.  That night game - two really good football teams so I stay up for it and what a gag fest.  The only thing I'll say is that Richard Sherman is as good a corner as I've seen in a long time.  Reminds me of when Ronnie Lott was a corner.  Physical, strong, fast, and it just seems impossible for guys to create a gap against him.

Other than that, hooo.  Bring on hockey, no matter how sloppy.

Are you not entertained?!?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Can't wait.  

I also can't help but notice what seems to be a lot of pugilists in the Boston lineup.  You hope that regulars like LKI are just getting fit (fat?) and staying out of trouble, but what better way for a guy like Camara, Flick, or Miller to make an impression than to thump a Hab?

Is Ryan White playing...? 

I'm sure that's what Camara will do but he'll have to answer the bell, the Habs picked up some pugilists. Lucky for Camara he's one that wil carry a visor and doesn't have to take it off during a fight. 

New rule to phase out fighting. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

From sbnation:

"The Habs top line last night was Galchenyuk, Eller, and Gallagher," is a sentence that should be a fixture of game previews this year, and last night was no exception. While they couldn't find the scoresheet, the line buzzed and created pressure throughout the evening. Tonight, they will rest.

Taking their place will be a number of veterans that didn't see the ice yesterday, including a potential opening fourth line combination of Travis MoenGabriel Dumont, and Ryan White. Bottom-six fill-in Mike Blunden will play as well.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Eagles-Chargers was just ugly with errors.  Manning Bowl was turnovers and drops everywhere from both sides until the Broncos got it together.  That night game - two really good football teams so I stay up for it and what a gag fest.  The only thing I'll say is that Richard Sherman is as good a corner as I've seen in a long time.  Reminds me of when Ronnie Lott was a corner.  Physical, strong, fast, and it just seems impossible for guys to create a gap against him.

Seahawks are for real, Harbaugh does not like that. Rivers is not done, Denver might break the point differntial record and love the look on Eli's face when he doesn't have a running game and the mighty Giants defense doesn't bail him out.

And oh yah I could care less who is playing on MNF, bring on Cunningham-Soderberg-Fraser!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Gentlemen, your game stream awaits:

http://livetv.ru/en/eventinfo/188923_boston_montreal/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

24 CH on all day on the NHL channel.  The Behind the B's should take note, not much fluff in 24 CH.  I think it's a little much for 24x7 24 CH.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm excited to watch Fraser, Spooner and Camara, who I view as the guys playing tonight with the most potential. Also curious to see how Iginla fits in, and if Lucic looks like he's ready to have the monster year I expect.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

not a fighter if he wears a visor so he better know how to play hockey .

He has no choice about wearing a visor - it's mandatory.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Nice to see we're getting closer to the real deal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Nice to see we're getting closer to the real deal.

I want to take a look at spooner as well . Think he has a chance but it will be tough. We will see.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Iginla looks good in a Bruins jersey.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Way to protect the puck Bartkowski.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Iginla looks good in a Bruins jersey.

He fits like a glove