Game thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Game thoughts

Some tidbits:
    * wish the schedule maker would wait to get these 2 teams together for a back to back. Later in the season = more intensity. Last night was pretty dull as far as B's/Habs usually go
    * Adam McQuaid looked lost (I get that he has been out for a while but, Yeeeesh)
    *Power play needs to be better than just getting it back to the point and firing away
    * Hello, Mr Krejci, this is your 2011-2012 wakeup call. Brutal so far !!
    * Hello, Mr Campbell, ditto
    * Thornton - One of the only bright spots last night. Guy brings it every night.
    * Thomas is playing well, but, Rask needs to be used in a strict rotation to get some playing time,feel like he is an intergal part of the team and prevent any type of fatigue between the 2 goalies.
    * B's need to get on the road and bond. They ALWAYS have a west coast trip at the beginning of the year. But, not this year. To me, the west coast trip has always been an important aspect to the start of the year.
    * Lucic has not played like a first (or second) line player for some time now. I get the feeling that Milan has forgotten about some of the factors that made him an NHL player. An extended trip on the third line might do him good.
    * I get the feeling that Johnny Boychuck's days in Boston could be numbered. He is an inconsistent D-man that still has trade value/freindly cap hit. I would'nt be surprised to see him shipped back home to Edmonton. How many times has he missed the net with that booming slapshot this year ????
    * Habs played the night before but, the B's looked like the tired team as the game wore on. Inexcusable.
    * B's are missing the veteran leadership that Recchi brought
    *Dont be surprised if you see the B's bring back Michael Ryder at the trade deadline (yeah, i know it's early for trade deadline talk) This guy is a passenger during the regular season and then wakes up at playoff time. Plus he already knows the system. My belief is that Chiarelli was not willing to watch him sleep through another regular season but would be willing to trade for him when the time is right.
    * Don't be fooled by people who proclaim that it's 'still early' and there is plenty of time to turn things around. Last years Devil's team is a prime example of a team that could not save itself from a horrible start
    *Lastly, did'nt last night bring back (bad) memories of how things would typically go when playing the Habs. That sickening feeling of knowing that something bad is going to happen.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Re: Game thoughts

TSNResearch Kevin Gibson 

BOS is last place in the Conf. First defending SC Champ to be in last place in expansion era (1967-68) after games concluded Oct 27th.

I think tomorrow is a key game in tersm of response and execution.

The Bruins who show up tomorrow are your team for the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Game thoughts:
    [QUOTE]TSNResearch Kevin Gibson  BOS is last place in the Conf. First defending SC Champ to be in last place in expansion era (1967-68) after games concluded Oct 27th. I think tomorrow is a key game in tersm of response and execution. The Bruins who show up tomorrow are your team for the season.
    Posted by SomethingBrewin[/QUOTE]
    really....if the bruins win on october 29th they are going to be a contender in 2011-12? if they lose, they are looking for a lottery pick? now that's not overly-dramatic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

TSN actually pays this Gibson guy for stuff like that?

Let's put TSN in touch with Cactus Tony.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thoughts : really....if the bruins win on october 29th they are going to be a contender in 2011-12? if they lose, they are looking for a lottery pick? now that's not overly-dramatic.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Upon reflection it is...I mean the team that show up tomorrow after last night's loss against an arch rival either has the character to respond and give 60 minutes....or they are going to keep plodding along.

I think it's an important game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Game thoughts:
    [QUOTE]Some tidbits: * wish the schedule maker would wait to get these 2 teams together for a back to back. Later in the season = more intensity. Last night was pretty dull as far as B's/Habs usually go * Adam McQuaid looked lost (I get that he has been out for a while but, Yeeeesh) *Power play needs to be better than just getting it back to the point and firing away * Hello, Mr Krejci, this is your 2011-2012 wakeup call. Brutal so far !! * Hello, Mr Campbell, ditto * Thornton - One of the only bright spots last night. Guy brings it every night. * Thomas is playing well, but, Rask needs to be used in a strict rotation to get some playing time,feel like he is an intergal part of the team and prevent any type of fatigue between the 2 goalies. * B's need to get on the road and bond. They ALWAYS have a west coast trip at the beginning of the year. But, not this year. To me, the west coast trip has always been an important aspect to the start of the year. * Lucic has not played like a first (or second) line player for some time now. I get the feeling that Milan has forgotten about some of the factors that made him an NHL player. An extended trip on the third line might do him good. * I get the feeling that Johnny Boychuck's days in Boston could be numbered. He is an inconsistent D-man that still has trade value/freindly cap hit. I would'nt be surprised to see him shipped back home to Edmonton. How many times has he missed the net with that booming slapshot this year ???? * Habs played the night before but, the B's looked like the tired team as the game wore on. Inexcusable. * B's are missing the veteran leadership that Recchi brought *Dont be surprised if you see the B's bring back Michael Ryder at the trade deadline (yeah, i know it's early for trade deadline talk) This guy is a passenger during the regular season and then wakes up at playoff time. Plus he already knows the system. My belief is that Chiarelli was not willing to watch him sleep through another regular season but would be willing to trade for him when the time is right. * Don't be fooled by people who proclaim that it's 'still early' and there is plenty of time to turn things around. Last years Devil's team is a prime example of a team that could not save itself from a horrible start *Lastly, did'nt last night bring back (bad) memories of how things would typically go when playing the Habs. That sickening feeling of knowing that something bad is going to happen.  
    Posted by ed121501[/QUOTE]
    The Devils found themselves 10 points out of 29th place at 1 point last season. That's far beyond a bad start and nowhere in the neighborhood of where the Bruins find themselves right now. Yeah, it's a rotten start but we're talking about 3 games under .500 so far. If the Bruins found themselves at 17-20 they'd still be far from out of it. If we're to use past teams as examples then how about we use Pitt from a couple years back. They were in such bad shape that they needed to replace their coach after Christmas on route to a Cup win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

People place f-a-a-r too much importance on October games. 

While it's true that they're last in the East, they're also only 4 points out of 8th spot.

Also, Toronto's in 3rd.  Is that where everyone expects them to be come March?

Early days.  Very early.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

[QUOTE]People place f-a-a-r too much importance on October games.  While it's true that they're last in the East, they're also only 4 points out of 8th spot. Also, Toronto's in 3rd.  Is that where everyone expects them to be come March? Early days.  Very early.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

I get what you're saying but, lets face it: When it gets to the end of the season and your team is say, 2,4 or 6 points out of a playoff spot you then realize that EVERY game is important regardless if it is October or March. I get that there will be ups and downs in an 82 game season but the EFFORT that I'm seeing is concerning. How can they be so listless against the Habs, at home, rested ....??? I expect a big effort on Saturday.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Pretty much an overreaction all the way through.  Wait 24 hours after the game to write the treatise.

Saying they miss Recchi's leadership seems like lazy and trite criticism to me.  They played plenty of lazy games early last year too, and Recchi got off to a very slow start.  This team has plenty of veterans and leadership.  The young guys were the best players last night and the veterans were the worst.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

If the B's are scrambling to grab the last playoff spot at the beginning of April, then the writing will have alrady been on the wall.  Seeds 6,7 and 8 have NEVER won a Cup.  I don't see it changing anytime soon, so really, the lower seeds are just selling tickets, beer and hot dogs. - that's as big as their prize gets.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennyBizz. Show KennyBizz's posts

Quaider was awful. Hopefully Kampfer get's the call Saturday.  Re-set the lines and let's get it going already.  B's have been alright.. losing close games.  You don't make the playoffs in October... Win in Montreal Saturday! hasn't been a problem lately!  Go Beans!