gameday superstitions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

gameday superstitions

i'm not a superstitious type person, but, during the afternoon game(sat) i drank ZERO beers- 7-3 romping. then for some reason on monday...  i wouldn't let myself partake- they won again. should i stay on the wagon, or stop this nonsense? maybe i am superstitious. anyways... i know players are quite superstitious(have routines)- i'm curious as to what some of my fellow posters might do as "routine" on a game day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: gameday superstitions

i guess people are superstitious when it comes to their superstitions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

On Saturday April 23rd I received my Steven Gerrard Liverpool FC away kit in the mail, literally 60 seconds before kickoff of the Liverpool and Birmingham match.  I thought this was a good sign because it wasn't supposed to arrive for at least another week.  I wore it through the liverpool game, and they dominated 5-0.  I decided to keep the jersey on throughout the bruins game because I thought it might be good luck.  The Bruins won that night 2-1 in OT.  I didn't wear it the next game because the jersey in the laundry and the Bruins lost (april 26th).  I've worn the same Liverpool Gerrard jersey since, and so far the B's are 4-0 while I've been wearing the jersey.  I'm hoping that it can continue to bring the magic of Stevie G to the B's! 

I know it's a soccer jersey, but I'm a hockey goalie and I'm a little weird, what can I say.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stitchy4. Show Stitchy4's posts

adkbeenfan,

I was bought a Bruins coffee mug by my son years ago , every game day I drink my coffee out of it even if it's dirty I wash it and use it, ive been doing it for years it's like a habit now don't even realize it.... Go Bruins Go !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Guinness with an egg in the morning. Get home from work and go for a run, steak and beer for dinner. Been doing it since game 3 of rd 1.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

call, that's a routine i could get used to! beats the crap out of my beerless day!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: gameday superstitions:
    [QUOTE]call, that's a routine i could get used to! beats the crap out of my beerless day!
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    haha the only part that sucks is the run. But the steak and beer after it makes it worth it. Not a big drinker to be honest I only really drink when the B's are on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

I've grown my own playoff beard for the past five years or so.  The first time it was b/c of some Bruins message board chatter (bunch of us agreed we'd do it for fun).  I'm just happy to be able to watch the games.  I'll get a late start tonight because I'll be herding cats, er, coaching kiddie soccer...  I don't think Liverpool's form this year is something we want the Bruins to emulate.  They're not sniffing at any titles and may be considered lucky to have avoided the drop considering how they started, iirc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

call...let's hope you become a full-blown alcoholic, drinking every other day until mid-june could go a long way towards making that happen(kidding). my god, i just realized i could be on the wagon until summer! ef it- i'm done with my stupid "routine"-

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]call...let's hope you become a full-blown alcoholic, drinking every other day until mid-june could go a long way towards making that happen(kidding). my god, i just realized i could be on the wagon until summer! ef it- i'm done with my stupid "routine"-
    It's a risk I am willing to take if the B's continue to play into June.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]I've grown my own playoff beard for the past five years or so.  The first time it was b/c of some Bruins message board chatter (bunch of us agreed we'd do it for fun).  I'm just happy to be able to watch the games.  I'll get a late start tonight because I'll be herding cats, er, coaching kiddie soccer...  I don't think Liverpool's form this year is something we want the Bruins to emulate.  They're not sniffing at any titles and may be considered lucky to have avoided the drop considering how they started, iirc.
    Posted by Beorach[/QUOTE]

That may be the case, the first half of the season was awful but as of late they've been looking great!  I'm hoping the Gerrard jersey will bring the Stevie G magic of '05 to the Bruins, and hey.. so far so good!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

High school stuff.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Before the game starts I MUST do a right handed fist bump with my 9 year old. This is immediately followed by a double fist bump, blow it up and end it with another double fist bump.
    last week he was at baseball practice before the game started and I almost had a heart attack. He burst through the door 1 minute before the puck was dropped and ran over to me, top speed, and we were able to get our ritual in before the game started. Bruins Won. I love that kid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

NAS, you should start another thread letting us all know just how this team wins despite it's coach. that would be original- forgive me for trying to keep it light on gameday, with an original thread. you are a miserable sob.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Ed, your post just put a big smile on my face, that stuff is priceless and you'll never forget that. Love it!!

adk-you are spot on with that comment..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

I wore a Red Sox sweat jacket that my girl gave me for Xmas - starting with game 3 vs Montreal - had it on for game 4 and 5 was out for game 6 (loss) had it on for the 1st to philly games - it is starting to smell a little but it will be on at game time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS, you should start another thread letting us all know just how this team wins despite it's coach. that would be original- forgive me for trying to keep it light on gameday, with an original thread. you are a miserable sob.

Don't be upset with me because your actions are childish.  Obviously whatever you do on Earth has no bearing on the outcome of the game.

It goes along with copying any tradition that people who are playing the game engage in over the season, copying player lingo (chirp!), copying player nicknames (Segzy!) or anything else similar.

Be a fan.  Buy a shirt.  Buy a ticket.  Buy a coffee mug.  Watch the game.  Pretending to be one of them is high school stuff.  Bergeron tucks in part of his jersey, do you tuck in part of your shirt, too?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: gameday superstitions : Don't be upset with me because your actions are childish.  Obviously whatever you do on Earth has no bearing on the outcome of the game. It goes along with copying any tradition that people who are playing the game engage in over the season, copying player lingo (chirp!), copying player nicknames (Segzy!) or anything else similar. Be a fan.  Buy a shirt.  Buy a ticket.  Buy a coffee mug.  Watch the game.  Pretending to be one of them is high school stuff.  Bergeron tucks in part of his jersey, do you tuck in part of your shirt, too?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Wow just wow. How about you worry about your miserable self and not what others do for fun/tradition. It has no bearing on your life either be positive or say nothing.

There is no point in putting someone down because they "fist bump" with thier young son before a game for good luck. God.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: gameday superstitions : There is no point in putting someone down because they "fist bump" with their young son before a game for good luck. God.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

I think that's great!  That simple action can give the kid confidence or just make him feel good...which is how all kids should feel.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: gameday superstitions : Don't be upset with me because your actions are childish.  Obviously whatever you do on Earth has no bearing on the outcome of the game. It goes along with copying any tradition that people who are playing the game engage in over the season, copying player lingo (chirp!), copying player nicknames (Segzy!) or anything else similar. Be a fan.  Buy a shirt.  Buy a ticket.  Buy a coffee mug.  Watch the game.  Pretending to be one of them is high school stuff.  Bergeron tucks in part of his jersey, do you tuck in part of your shirt, too?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

You are a miserable individual.  And actually when I wear my Chara jersey I stand on stilts the entire game, just sayin..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

Yea, I just go with the old fashioned beard too, even though I can't really grow the greatest beard.  After a loss I give it a little trim.  Was going to clean it up before game 1 of round 2 because my gf was hassling me about it but couldn't get myself to do it.  Was going to clean it up again before game 2 but still couldn't get myself to do it.  Now there is no way it's getting cleaned up until a loss occurs.  Can't change things while they are going good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

NAS- Your last post has completely changed my view of you, it seems you are (after all) human. happy to see it. We're all just having a laugh here, why not just roll with it and be positive? And if you dont engage in any superstitious rituals, that's cool, not everyone does. You have a lot of insightful posts, I just think sometimes you rub people the wrong way by saying something which could have been left unsaid. But let us unite in our love for the Bruins and cheer them on tonight, superstitious rituals or not. I know I'll be sitting in the same spot on the couch that I have been for all the games this season, drinking my water out of my Bruins tumbler. And if I'm opening myself up for some ripping here, so be it, I just want to promote good will cause I believe in it.

Thanks for reading.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: gameday superstitions : That may be the case, the first half of the season was awful but as of late they've been looking great!  I'm hoping the Gerrard jersey will bring the Stevie G magic of '05 to the Bruins, and hey.. so far so good!
    Posted by mb30[/QUOTE]

Good luck to your Reds.  I get a little miffed over the Mancs having tried to take that name over when we all know they're the Red Devils...  I was sort of hoping the Special 1 would get his team to the final so Cronaldo could show up the boy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

For me the Bs usually do better in the play offs whenever I don't brag about the Bruins and mock other hockey teams.
     It's like Bobby Orr is watching over me to make sure I'm a good sport and am not tackling other players and fighting them in the penalty box. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

The first game against Montreal  I wore my new Bruins t-shirt nut no luck. The next game I wore my Bruins jersey no luck. The third game I said to heck with the clothes and brought out the big gun...my 11 x 17 picture of Bobby Orr in full stride and stuck it right in front of the TV. My daughter put a bottle of water next to it so he wouldn"t get dehydrated like Chara. We reeled off three straight wins and have been going strong ever since. Oh yeah Bobby gets a high five after every game. Everything will stay intact until the end.