GDT 11-5-2013: hosting Seguin's Stars

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: GDT 11-5-2013: hosting Seguin's Stars

Tough loss, but I did like the B's snarl tonite.

And San there's a huge difference between how kelvana says something compared to BFINJ. Who was actually decent tonite compared to how he's been in the past. So, props to him. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did Marchand see the ice in OT?

[/QUOTE]

None at all.

Given that the Bruins have been burned on more than one occasion by taking a late delay-of-game penalty, I don't blame Julien for being red.

Lots of back and forth in this game, with some really bad turn-overs by the Bruins.  They still look stuck in their annual passing funk.  It's weird how it always happens, though usually not until later in the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

None at all.

Given that the Bruins have been burned on more than one occasion by taking a late delay-of-game penalty, I don't blame Julien for being red.

Lots of back and forth in this game, with some really bad turn-overs by the Bruins.  They still look stuck in their annual passing funk.  It's weird how it always happens, though usually not until later in the season.

[/QUOTE]

As kel said especially when they try to play too cute.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I fear the team is not banking the points now and won't have the juice to make a Cup run. -BFIN!

NEVERMIND! I take that back!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to thefly8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really hope there is more to Erikkson then what we are seeing.

[/QUOTE]

Well, it is his first game back from a brain injury! Even I can give him a pass for a little rust...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

None at all.

Lots of back and forth in this game, with some really bad turn-overs by the Bruins.  They still look stuck in their annual passing funk.  It's weird how it always happens, though usually not until later in the season.

[/QUOTE]

Love it when CJ blows a gasket but bottom line is the refs probably saved him from watching the B's go 0 for 5 on the PP

Thanks to my Center Ice package -- I can OD on more hockey and soften the blow of this loss. Switched over to Canes vs Flyers -- Staal bros combine to tie game with goalie pulled then newly acquired Malholtra scores in OT. Switched over to Blues vs Habs -- Game tied with less than 2 minutes and Backes gets called for diliberate displacement of net -- Halak saves the PS on Plekanec then stops Galchenyuk--Gallagher and Patches in the shootout. Switch to Nucks vs Yotes and Doan ties it up 2-2 at end of 2nd period. Nothing like the great sport of hockey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Forgotten is the missed delay of game call which would have had a major affect on this game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I fear the team is not banking the points now and won't have the juice to make a Cup run. -BFIN!

[/QUOTE]

seems like a fair point... not sure what your problem is (other than the obvious.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

They were sloppy, inconsistent, and let a mediocre team hang around.  Like they did with NJ.

They are 8-5-1.  That's what they are.   

4 more home games coming up.  Try to get 8 points out of this 5 game stand. 1 point, 7 to go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

seems like a fair point... not sure what your problem is (other than the obvious.)

[/QUOTE]

They've had the juice 2 out of the last 3 seasons. In 2012 it wasn't juice, but injuries to some key players & ran into a hot goalie. It happens to someone every season. Remember last yr going into the play-offs? They were awful going in... Remember 2011-12 season? They had a 4-7 record then went on 11 game winning streak & were scoring an average of 5 goals a game during it. Where's the faith? Why do you always see the glass half empty ALL THE TIME! I could see if the B's were having a Sabers like season. I know this yr they're in a much tougher divison & pts are at a premium, but good gawd man. Chill the fawk out! Your points aren't fair, because you're a panic button pusher. You expect everything to go perfectly all the freakin time.

There hasn't been a game this season where you haven't had something negative to say about this team. Not ONE game! Go back & look at all the game threads. It's not necessary what you say, but how you say it. Every game there's doom & gloom with you! Smarten the fawk up. You're an intelligent poster with knowledge, but always talking like the B's are a disaster. They're not...not yet! If they fall out of play-off contention for a couple weeks; then maybe I'll lay off. The reason I point you out BFINJ is because you stand out, because most of the other whiners are on my ignore list, they're there because they bring nothing to this forum that shows any sort of hockey knowledge whatsoever! So take that however you like.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

So I went to the game last night.  On the plus side, the B's scored more "hockey" goals than the Stars; Tuuka was his usual self; and Krecji and Lucic were good as well.  I thought Kelly was pretty good too.

Now for the negatives.  Iginla was invisible to me, I honestly didn't even know he was out there until Lucic's goal in the 3rd.  He needs to pick it up IMO.  The B's D had problems containing the Stars speed.  Dallas frequently sent 3 guys on the forecheck and they worked hard pinching the D and forcing turnovers.  They looked hungry for the puck.  Loui gets a pass due to his injury but when healthy, he and Bergie obviously need to produce.  The cycle in the offensive zone is non-existent unless Lucic and Krejci are out there and this is not good because as a tream they can't seem to generate much offensive zone time.  I know it's still early and it's possible that they play to the level of their competition, but I expect much more from a lot of the core guys.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"frequently sent 3 guys on the forecheck" " The cycle in the offensive zone is non-existent"

Killing the Bruins offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]

They've had the juice 2 out of the last 3 seasons. In 2012 it wasn't juice, but injuries to some key players & ran into a hot goalie. It happens to someone every season. Remember last yr going into the play-offs? They were awful going in... Remember 2011-12 season? They had a 4-7 record then went on 11 game winning streak & were scoring an average of 5 goals a game during it. Where's the faith? Why do you always see the glass half empty ALL THE TIME! I could see if the B's were having a Sabers like season. I know this yr they're in a much tougher divison & pts are at a premium, but good gawd man. Chill the fawk out! Your points aren't fair, because you're a panic button pusher. You expect everything to go perfectly all the freakin time.

There hasn't been a game this season where you haven't had something negative to say about this team. Not ONE game! Go back & look at all the game threads. It's not necessary what you say, but how you say it. Every game there's doom & gloom with you! Smarten the fawk up. You're an intelligent poster with knowledge, but always talking like the B's are a disaster. They're not...not yet! If they fall out of play-off contention for a couple weeks; then maybe I'll lay off. The reason I point you out BFINJ is because you stand out, because most of the other whiners are on my ignore list, they're there because they bring nothing to this forum that shows any sort of hockey knowledge whatsoever! So take that however you like.

[/QUOTE]

Years (even decades) of disappointment will do that to you. I've paid my dues (time and money) as a fan. I expect better because I know we have a team that can do better... CJ says as much in his interviews. In one sentence you say I am always negative and in the very next you say I am an intelligent poster. That's just dumb. But when you remind me of the 4-7 record and the 11 game win streak that followed, that get's my attention and puts me back on a more even keel.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now for the negatives.  Iginla was invisible to me, I honestly didn't even know he was out there until Lucic's goal in the 3rd.  He needs to pick it up IMO.  The B's D had problems containing the Stars speed.  Dallas frequently sent 3 guys on the forecheck and they worked hard pinching the D and forcing turnovers.  They looked hungry for the puck.  Loui gets a pass due to his injury but when healthy, he and Bergie obviously need to produce.  The cycle in the offensive zone is non-existent unless Lucic and Krejci are out there and this is not good because as a tream they can't seem to generate much offensive zone time.  I know it's still early and it's possible that they play to the level of their competition, but I expect much more from a lot of the core guys.

[/QUOTE]

Gotta disagree with you on Iginla... he may be our most consistent player so far (with the exception of Rask.) Our second goal was the result of Iginla doing the body work to steal the puck in the offensive zone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Gotta disagree with you on Iginla... he may be our most consistent player so far (with the exception of Rask.) Our second goal was the result of Iginla doing the body work to steal the puck in the offensive zone.

[/QUOTE]

I just didn't notice him, and I wanted to.  And no way has he been more consistent than Krejci and Lucic, not even close.  He can thank them for any success he's having.  My expectations for him are much higher than what he's delivered so far. Loui too.  But I still honestly believe both will get better when it matters most.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Years (even decades) of disappointment will do that to you. I've paid my dues (time and money) as a fan. I expect better because I know we have a team that can do better... CJ says as much in his interviews. In one sentence you say I am always negative and in the very next you say I am an intelligent poster. That's just dumb. But when you remind me of the 4-7 record and the 11 game win streak that followed, that get's my attention and puts me back on a more even keel.

[/QUOTE]

OK. I think you need to rethink this statement. Not every single thread is about the B's playing hockey. There's a lot of discussions that take place here. I respect you as a poster, because you show knowledge, but I disrespect the negativity. You're not the only one who's paid their dues & money. I got almost $60,000 tied into B's memorbilia. And I believe I'm older than you, so I think I waited even longer than you did. We all expect better than what they're showing, but if they weren't a contender we'd be complaining about management & the players who were complete stiffs. So, where's the happy medium? Where does the team & us fans get a break from hearing negativity? A cup & a finalist in 3 yrs is where I give them that break & allow them a little slack to pull it together. Every team goes thru it. This won't be the last time the B's play unBruinlike this season.  I'm just saying you're better than what you show. Consistent complaining isn't going to make the team any better. The only one's who can make the team better is the players themselves. They all know what they're capable of. The coaches & management know this, the intelligent fans should know this. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do too... If this team is going to be relying on a 36 yr old for 82 games & play-offs we're in for a huge disappointment. He's part of the solution to the success of this team. Not THE SOLUTION.