GDT: Bruins At Peguins, Game 1, ECF 6/1/13

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: GDT: Bruins At Peguins, Game 1, ECF 6/1/13

Fun to hear Cherry going on about Lucic: He's so big (I think he means Fat), he's scary! 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

Terrible, actually. Ference who walked into the arena with a walking boot and hasn't played in 3 weeks, played better than Chara.Fact.

Rask saved Chara's bacon repeatedly in this game, especially in the second half of the first and end of the first, in particular.

Not his best game at all. He looked sluggish and rusty after 7 days off. I am sure he will improve because he got much better as the game went.

Glad I could help be honest with non-homer analysis.

Are you aware that writing "fact" after making a ridiculous statement doesn't magically turn the statement into one?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Cherry on claiming someone would've straightened Chara out back in the old days for the way he treated Crosby.

He said he couldn't imagine Gretzky getting into it with someone like Crosby did with Chara without Semenko stepping in. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Enough with the Jagr/Chara bashing.

Jager -- Created numerous chances and controlled the puck consistantly.

Chara -- matched up constantly with arguably the most potent line in the game. Anyone who expects him to be perfect on every rush has never strapped on a pair on skates.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Enough with the Jagr/Chara bashing.

Jager -- Created numerous chances and controlled the puck consistantly.

Chara -- matched up constantly with arguably the most potent line in the game. Anyone who expects him to be perfect on every rush has never strapped on a pair on skates.

Solid thoughts Zam. I agree completely and I haven't been JJ's biggest supporter. He was good tonight and Chara was............well, he was Chara. He's a beast.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Andrew Ference 17:27 of solid play. I wanted bartkowski to play I was wrong I can admit it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Fun to hear Cherry going on about Lucic: He's so big (I think he means Fat), he's scary! 

i thought he was talking about someone named "Loosic"....

i'm not sure anymore whether he mispronounces names on purpose or not....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Cherry on claiming someone would've straightened Chara out back in the old days for the way he treated Crosby.

But he did say "the right team won"...

BTW - no one in the league is going to 'straighten out Chara', but I think he meant that someone should have stepped in on Crosby's behalf - like Semenko did for Gretzky.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@NHLBruins

"Tuukka on @985TheSportsHub postgame, on the convo with Crosby after 2nd period: "he's just trying to rattle me I guess. playoff hockey.."^CS"

2 Us, 2 Ks and the W!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Terrible, actually. Ference who walked into the arena with a walking boot and hasn't played in 3 weeks, played better than Chara.Fact.

Rask saved Chara's bacon repeatedly in this game, especially in the second half of the first and end of the first, in particular.

Not his best game at all. He looked sluggish and rusty after 7 days off. I am sure he will improve because he got much better as the game went.

Are you aware that writing "fact" after making a ridiculous statement doesn't magically turn the statement into one?

Umm.  Ference was OUTSTANDING and hasn't played in like 3 weeks and Chara underperformed for his usual self, so yes, it's a fact.

Oh my god.

Oh my.   Please stop with this crap.  You homers are so annoying in here.  

So leave!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Terrible, actually. Ference who walked into the arena with a walking boot and hasn't played in 3 weeks, played better than Chara. Fact.

I'll take his sluggish and rusty over most of the D-guys at optimum performance in the league. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

I got no issue with Chara and thought one of Jagr's better games

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Chara made a few mistakes.  They cost the team zero.  What's the problem?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

CJ -- classy all the way. Admitted to not clearly seeing the Cooke hit in both the game and post game interview. Almost any other coach would have played the sympathy card. Claims it's the leagues issue at this point. Plain and simple.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

But he did say "the right team won"...

BTW - no one in the league is going to 'straighten out Chara', but I think he meant that someone should have stepped in on Crosby's behalf - like Semenko did for Gretzky.

There was no real Chara equivalent back then or now for that matter. I guess I just found it funny the way that old dinosaur thinks sometimes. Zee is one of the few guys in the league that others are actually afraid of.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Almost as scary as Grapes' wardrobe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

7 more

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

I got no issue with Chara and thought one of Jagr's better games

I fully agree. 

25. This post has been removed.