GDT - Bruins at Stars 1/16/14

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: GDT - Bruins at Stars 1/16/14

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:[QUOTE] Is Spooner the fastest Bruin?  He does plays at high speed.[/QUOTE]

And he gets to his top speed quickly. I would say no Bruin is faster.[/QUOTE]

San, he's got some impressive acceleration - with his head up sizing up the situation.[/QUOTE]

Hockey IQ is through the roof!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Makes me wonder if this would have been a different game had they not called that goal back...

[/QUOTE]

Bruinfan, I think the Bruins are in even better form throughout the second than they were in the first. In that way it's a different game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Lehtonen really starting to Pi$$ me off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:[QUOTE] Is Spooner the fastest Bruin?  He does plays at high speed.[/QUOTE]

And he gets to his top speed quickly. I would say no Bruin is faster.[/QUOTE]

San, he's got some impressive acceleration - with his head up sizing up the situation.[/QUOTE]

Hockey IQ is through the roof!

[/QUOTE]

Man, keep him up here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

That's just painful to watch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

OMG! That was scary looking!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

"If his parents had a sense of humour they would have named him cigar butt." Jack Edwards

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Finally Boston scores at the end of a period.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bruins need to work on their 2 on 1's, especially Krejci. Too many times they get them and fail to get the puck on net.

[/QUOTE]

Just saw another example of this- with only Seguin back.

[/QUOTE]

It's concerning, it's almost like theyre looking to pass it the whole time. They either get the pass blocked or dont get off a good enough sho t because it's too late. I always thought that if the pass isnt there, sho ot it to the side of your teammate hoping it goes in or he gets a chance at a rebound.

As goalie I was always taught show them something on the sho rt side and force them to go there. while letting the d-man worry about taking the pass away.  Obviously, I'm not in the NHL.

[/QUOTE]

Kel, I PO'd a lot shooters off by doing this. I'm old school style & reflexes & anticipation was my best assets. So, I'd give the shooter a glove, or blocker and the shooter would bite 98% of the time. Then I make the "add some mustard on the hotdog" glove, blocker, or skate save. So the shooter breaks his stick in frustration, gets a blasting from his teammates for not passing. Then the next time the team would often try to make the pass & it doesn't make it thru. I still play the same way. Can't give as much room though getting too old.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Krejciiiiiii!  Nice play by Bartkowski venturing into the Stars end to get the chance started.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No kidding!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Kel, I PO'd a lot shooters off by doing this. I'm old school style & reflexes & anticipation was my best assets. So, I'd give the shooter a glove, or blocker and the shooter would bite 98% of the time.Then I make the "add some mustard on the hotdog" glove, blocker, or skate save. So the shooter breaks his stick in frustration, gets a blasting from his teammates for not passing. Then the next time the team would often try to make the pass & it doesn't make it thru. I still play the same way. Can't give as much room though getting too old.

[/QUOTE]

So nite, the idea is to bait/lure the shooter into doing what YOU want him to do - like kel suggested.  You guys orchestrate the situation.  Reduce his options.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The SECOND period no less.

Need a big 3rd -- my 2 most hated teams (Habs and Rangers) pulled out wins tonight. Habs tied it at 4 all on a Cowen self-goal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Love the energy tonight... finally getting some results after a lot of bad luck

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

Love the energy tonight... finally getting some results after a lot of bad luck

[/QUOTE]

Big time.  Stepping into green jerseys. Pretty sound positionally.  Johnson looking solid. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

[QUOTE]

Kel, I PO'd a lot shooters off by doing this. I'm old school style & reflexes & anticipation was my best assets. So, I'd give the shooter a glove, or blocker and the shooter would bite 98% of the time.Then I make the "add some mustard on the hotdog" glove, blocker, or skate save. So the shooter breaks his stick in frustration, gets a blasting from his teammates for not passing. Then the next time the team would often try to make the pass & it doesn't make it thru. I still play the same way. Can't give as much room though getting too old.

[/QUOTE]

So nite, the idea is to bait/lure the shooter into doing what YOU want him to do - like kel suggested.  You guys create the advantage.

[/QUOTE]

That's right. Usually a shooters favourite sho t is to go "Top Cheese" So, it's a big rush for a goalie to take that away from him. Especially if you baited him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Nice to see Krejci get that goal.  I have been really impressed by Campbell's play tonight.  That line seems to be very active.

Also enjoying Soderberg and Smith's game tonight.  Smith's move in the first was awesome, and perfectly timed after the comment regarding the Dallas GM.  I feel like this kid is going to be a star.  Not a superstar, but the perfect kind of blue collar star the Bruins have built there core around during the PC / CJ era.

Finally, they seem to be playing better defensively tonight but I am leaning towards the idea that this is more about Dallas then the B's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

f   unlucky!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

FAWKKKKKKK!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

That's right. Usually a shooters favourite sho t is to go "Top Cheese" So, it's a big rush for a goalie to take that away from him. Especially if you baited him.

I can only imagine the "compliments" you must have tatooed to guys as they skated by, looking skyward in disbelief.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Love when the Bruins play angry and hungry. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Dallas really doesn't want to get Boston riled up...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

Dallas really doesn't want to get Boston riled up...

[/QUOTE]

Too late for that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

No more Chara blocking out the sun in front on the PP?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Up 2 - 1 but frustrating to see all the opportunities go south. B's need to get up a couple of goals to open up a little hunting season on Dillon.