Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch?

Me thinks the Canuckleheads have a chance because the Italian tire shop employee will be hiding under his cap at the end of the bench and the games have been very close.

Pittsburgh is done in my view not a chance. I know shocker right w/o Asham and Neil but then again...Crosby n Malkin could go all world which is what everyone expected.

Just needed a non Shanahan-Torres-Backstrom-thread going.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch?

In Response to Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch?:
    [QUOTE]Me thinks the Canuckleheads have a chance because the Italian tire shop employee will be hiding under his cap at the end of the bench and the games have been very close. Pittsburgh is done in my view not a chance. I know shocker right w/o Asham and Neil but then again...Crosby n Malkin could go all world which is what everyone expected. Just needed a non Shanahan-Torres-Backstrom-thread going.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Pitt needs to get some goaltending to even win 1, let alone 4. I'm with you, Pens are done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch?

i hope the kings get the sweep tonight but mario's dirtballs lose in 7.  b's will likely get the flyers the way florida is playing.  don't want the former well rested. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch? : Pitt needs to get some goaltending to even win 1, let alone 4. I'm with you, Pens are done.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Pens need better goaltending AND better coaching !  Set the terms of the game  by putting Crosby, Malkin and  Neal on the first line .  Staal , Dupuis and Kunitz
    on the second line and watch the Flyers scamble for an effective defensive
    game plan !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch? : Pens need better goaltending AND better coaching !  Set the terms of the game  by putting Crosby, Malkin and  Neal on the first line .  Staal , Dupuis and Kunitz on the second line and watch the Flyers scamble for an effective defensive game plan !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]
    Neal is suspended. Have you been watching the playoffs or bowling?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I have it in reverse to most posting here. Nucks are finished and the Pens will win (but it will be their only win of the series). No particular reason, just a gut feeling. Of course, my gut feelings have been very wrong as of late......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch? : Neal is suspended. Have you been watching the playoffs or bowling ? Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Nice Candlepin Bowling is still very big in New England apparently Dez LMAO!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Sandog, what do you think the chances are the tire pumper changes professions and turns his talents to pizza making?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch?:[QUOTE]Sandog, what do you think the chances are the tire pumper changes professions and turns his talents to pizza making? Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

I've read and heard Roberto likes playing with dough Tongue Out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I think both will get swept tonight.
    Quick is too strong and has gotten in the heads of the Canucks.
    Pittsburgh might surprise but that's a long shot. Not sure they know how to play the 1-4 defense that the Rangers and Caps play against the Flyers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]i hope the kings get the sweep tonight but mario's dirtballs lose in 7.  b's will likely get the flyers the way florida is playing.  don't want the former well rested. 
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

If Florida and NYR win, B's get Florida, no? So go Panthers and let Philly/NYR kill each other.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

oops.  sorry.  b's get florida if they both win.  i changed my vote to two sweeps.  rangers own the flyers so the latter needs to be well rested.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think the Pens win and vancouver loses. Penguins always thrive with a star player out and I think they'll go back to playing the style of hockey that got them here. Vancouver just can't solve Quick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I have both staving off elimination for at least one more game.

PS, would GLADLY be wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]i hope the kings get the sweep tonight but mario's dirtballs lose in 7.  b's will likely get the flyers the way florida is playing.  don't want the former well rested. 

Don't know about that... Florida had a great game last night. Figure we'll either get the Panther, or if they can rally back for the upset, the Sens.

to the topic, Pens are done, but the Canucks series has been closer than the scoreboard would lead you to believe. I think the could still scrape out a win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

it would make my evening to see two brooms out tonight. seeing as how both teams that are down 0-3 seem very vulnerable right now, it would not surprise me at all. here's to hopin'  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch? : If Florida and NYR win, B's get Florida, no? So go Panthers and let Philly/NYR kill each other.
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]
    I would love to see this happen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Pens are toast, if not, then the next day.  As for the kanuckleheads...not done by a long shot.  I hope I'm wrong as there's nothing I'd rather do tonight than watch them skate off the ice with there tails between their legs, but if they go with Schneider and thing 1 comes back I can see them winning 4 straight.  They almost witnessed it themselves last year, so if I was them I'd be clinging to that. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Pens are toast, if not, then the next day.  As for the kanuckleheads...not done by a long shot.  I hope I'm wrong as there's nothing I'd rather do tonight than watch them skate off the ice with there tails between their legs, but if they go with Schneider and thing 1 comes back I can see them winning 4 straight.  They almost witnessed it themselves last year, so if I was them I'd be clinging to that. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]
    I think the Nucks have run into a Kings team that is finally playing to their potential at the exact right time. The Kings best players are outplaying the Nucks best players by a wide margin and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Nucks are done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlankStares. Show BlankStares's posts

Think Vancouver still loves that long term contract for Luongo?

I agree with most, Vancouver scratches out a win but loses in 5 or 6.

Pitt is done with that defense and goaltending.

Will be watching Pitt Philly tonight. Think it might resemble a wrestling match more then a hockey game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Fleury's play has been part of the problem but not all of it. Their defensive zone coverage has been the worst of any team in the playoffs. Way too many scoring chances being given up. 

They might as well bring out those blue and white jerseys they have. If they're going to play like the Leafs they might as well look like them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Assuming the Rangers beat the Senioritas, and, should the hockey gods be so generous as to permit the Bruins to close out the Capitals (how's that for superstitious?), Boston would get the Cats.  Love the idea of the Bruins playing the Cats and letting the Rangers and Philly beat each other to goo.  Flyers would find out that they aren't as good as Fleury is making them seem if they're trying to score on Lunqvist.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]Fleury's play has been part of the problem but not all of it. Their defensive zone coverage has been the worst of any team in the playoffs. Way too many scoring chances being given up.  They might as well bring out those blue and white jerseys they have. If they're going to play like the Leafs they might as well look like them.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

OUCH.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I talked to a guy from Pittsburgh who said that Malkin plays better when Crosby is out of the lineup because Malkin and the rest of the Pens spend too much time watching Syd and less time making things happen themselves. Kinda makes sense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

BEFORE "WE'LL GET THE PANTHERS"... WE STILL HAVE THE CAPS IN OUR FACE AND B'S HAVEN'T BEEN THAT DOMINANT YET... SO COOL DOWN FOLKS !!!