Get the Old Man Off the PP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Re: Get the Old Man Off the PP

Move Recchi to the 4th line or bench him altogether.  Move Pevs up to the 2nd line and put Thornton on the 4th.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

I hate to say it, but it's time to put Peverley or Seguin in Recchi's spot. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Simple:

Thornton in for Peverley on 4th line, Peverley to wing on 2nd line, Recchi to first chair on the 9th floor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

what happened to Rex in front of the net, tipping things in?!??!?!?
    Chara at the point blasting, Rex in front taking abuse and tipping sh*t in!

Wasnt that his bread and butter for years?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Get the Old Man Off the PP:
    [QUOTE]Yeah that last series against Tampa he looked real slow and it has continued into this round. He should not be on the PP anymore. Also, I thought that he and Peverley would rotate shifts more as they did in game 7. I didn't see to much of that either.
    Posted by lereve77[/QUOTE]

Recchi is a complete hockey player who no longer can skate with teams like Tampa or Vancouver.  PP is at fine at times but 4th line too.  If Claude plays "prevent defense" then Recchi is fine too, less ice to cover and experience under pressure.  Otherwise "face the music" everyone,  Recchi needs less of a role.  He is better than Thornton anyday btw.  Recchi would be a nice PP coach next year, the Bs are going to need one.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

bench Recchi and play Thornton before its too late ...Lapierre and Burrows have shown a lack of respect towards the Bruins players

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I would like to see recchi dropped down from the second line and taken off the power play completley but not expecting it. I wouldn't mind seeing caron dress if recchi was ever benched but I don't expect any changes at this point from claude.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Get the Old Man Off the PP:
    [QUOTE]Rex is extremely effective in front of the net.   The problem has always been Kaberle .  Nice stye points with his passing and keeping the puck in the zone, but his stop-think-pass-stop-think-pass kills the timing of EVERYONE on the PP unit. Stick Seidenberg or even Bergeron on the point with Chara, and you'll see a PP that works. Kaberle sucks all the energy out of the PP.  It's that simple.  It's not rocket science.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    Disagree Ipot. Kaberle doesn't play the entire PP and they still aren't cashing in. Thinking it's as easy as putting Bergy on the point doesn't make sense to me. Bergeron has plenty of time on the point during the PP and the Bruins still aren't cashing in. The lack of flow on the PP hurts more than the current personnel.Geoff Ward should've resigned by now if he had any shame.......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

This Recchi experiment has been a joke for quite some time now. I have no idea how Julien and the brass can put this guy on the ice on a 5 on 3 with Bergeron, Horton, Marchand, Seguin & Lucic on the bench.It is almost like Claude finds it more important to be proven right.

I love Recchi. He has had a great career but is it a sin that I think of this everytime he takes the ice in a big situation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMewKqXG9vg&feature=related

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I disagree that Recchi has been bad for a long time, but agree that he was poor last night.  Not terrible overall, and he was good defensively against the sedin line, but he was bad on the pp. Quite annoying, he's always been good there.  It's not cause he's old, your brain doesn't stop working after 40.  He made bad decisions.  I personally think he is doubting himself as Peverley has pressed him for ice time in the last two rounds.  CJ is probably trying to stick with him because he's been a valuable contributor, but personally, I'd cut him back.  With Peverley, they don't need him and it's all or nothing right now.